Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

On 08/03/2024 at 22:45, fuchsntf said:

Natural…

Just sports organisations are finicky over coach player relationships..

You push women & men together ,

including Military, nature takes it’s normal consequences.

When young men are young we are desperate for it,our female counterparts are even more open about it…

Putin practicising genocide comes in 2nd..FFs

Absolutely this!

There are team mates within the ladies game that are in relationships, should they be investigated? Of course not!

Helen Richardson and Kate Walsh, team mates in the GB ladies hockey team, were in a relationship, and are now married, should they have been investigated, and dropped from playing for GB, of course not, it`s ridiculous to suggest that.

In every day life, The manager of the company i work for, had an affair with a married co worker of mine, and they are now married, and at no time was i thinking, that is unprofesional, she would be getting preferential treatment over me.

Finally, Harry Redknapp was manager of his nephew Frank Lampard at West Ham, Brian Clough manager of his son at Notts Forest, was that unprofesional, and were they only picking them for family reasons, of course not.

Ultimately if we are going to have mixed environments, and even unmixed environments in some cases, then nature is going to take its course.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Absolutely this!

There are team mates within the ladies game that are in relationships, should they be investigated? Of course not!

Helen Richardson and Kate Walsh, team mates in the GB ladies hockey team, were in a relationship, and are now married, should they have been investigated, and dropped from playing for GB, of course not, it`s ridiculous to suggest that.

In every day life, The manager of the company i work for, had an affair with a married co worker of mine, and they are now married, and at no time was i thinking, that is unprofesional, she would be getting preferential treatment over me.

Finally, Harry Redknapp was manager of his nephew Frank Lampard at West Ham, Brian Clough manager of his son at Notts Forest, was that unprofesional, and were they only picking them for family reasons, of course not.

Ultimately if we are going to have mixed environments, and even unmixed environments in some cases, then nature is going to take its course.

Different employers, different standards, of course KP had to deal with a conflict when Pearson wouldnt accept the sacking of his son, which eventually lose Pearson his job.

5 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Absolutely this!

Teammates are equals. One doesn't have power over the other. It becomes far murkier when a manager has a relationship with one of the players. The player may have felt pressured into the relationship for the sake of their career. That would be an abuse of power and would need to be investigated.

Your example of managers managing family members isn't quite the same. There may be some nepotism involved. But you can't choose who you are related to. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Different employers, different standards, of course KP had to deal with a conflict when Pearson wouldnt accept the sacking of his son, which eventually lose Pearson his job.

If the relationship is a consensual one, I just don't see the problem. 

Man and woman meet, have a relationship, it happens in all walks of life, and environments.

Loads of people meet and have relationships with colleagues from work.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the manager of the company I work for, had a relationship with one of my work colleagues, while she was married to someone else.

They are now married and have been together 24 years, and at no time did I feel that it was unprofessional, and should have been investigated by the owner of the company, or that the manager was giving her preferential treatment over the rest of us.

The Pearson thing was different in as much as what his son had been alleged to have been involved with, in the owners home land,  while representing the club on a trip paid and organised by the club.

Of course that was going to be investigated, and Pearson chose to stand by his son, which is only natural.

Maybe the club have their investigation, sack Kirk for falling in love with someone who happens to be playing for the club, but it all sounds a bit ridiculous to me.

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

If the relationship is a consensual one, I just don't see the problem. 

Man and woman meet, have a relationship, it happens in all walks of life, and environments.

Loads of people meet and have relationships with colleagues from work.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the manager of the company I work for, had a relationship with one of my work colleagues, while she was married to someone else.

They are now married and have been together 24 years, and at no time did I feel that it was unprofessional, and should have been investigated by the owner of the company, or that the manager was giving her preferential treatment over the rest of us.

The Pearson thing was different in as much as what his son had been alleged to have been involved with, in the owners home land,  while representing the club on a trip paid and organised by the club.

Of course that was going to be investigated, and Pearson chose to stand by his son, which is only natural.

Maybe the club have their investigation, sack Kirk for falling in love with someone who happens to be playing for the club, but it all sounds a bit ridiculous to me.

It's hardly possible to be consensual when that level of power dynamic comes into it, because coerced consent isn't consent and it kind of inevitably becomes coerced when a manager comes on to an employee because of the power he holds over her. Which means that your old manager definitely did act unprofessionally

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Teammates are equals. One doesn't have power over the other. It becomes far murkier when a manager has a relationship with one of the players. The player may have felt pressured into the relationship for the sake of their career. That would be an abuse of power and would need to be investigated.

Your example of managers managing family members isn't quite the same. There may be some nepotism involved. But you can't choose who you are related to. 

Then how long does it take to call the lady in question in for a meeting, and ask if she is happy to be in the relationship, or if she feels pressured into it.

Would be a 5 minute meeting and investigation, which could have been done on the same day that the story broke.

Now of course, if her answer was that she felt pressured into it, that is a whole different thing, and would take a bit longer, and would inevitably and rightfully end in the sacking of Kirk.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

It's hardly possible to be consensual when that level of power dynamic comes into it, because coerced consent isn't consent and it kind of inevitably becomes coerced when a manager comes on to an employee because of the power he holds over her. Which means that your old manager definitely did act unprofessionally

So it's not possible then for someone to fall for somebody who might also be their boss in a work environment.

It happens all the time.

In regards to the manager coming on to her, so the consent inevitably becomes coerced because of the power dynamic between the two, how do we know it wasn't her that came on to him, we just don't know, but

If the lady involved has spoken to the club  or been spoken too by the club since the story broke, and said that she has felt pressured, then that absolutely should be investigated, and dealt with swiftly and end with Kirks sacking.

If she says that she is happy to be in the relationship, then you have to take her at her word, and let them get on with it.

17 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Then how long does it take to call the lady in question in for a meeting, and ask if she is happy to be in the relationship, or if she feels pressured into it.

Assuming there is a lady, she'd be under no obligation to tell anyone at the club anything about her personal life if she didn't want to. Whether or not anyone else has done anything wrong (which is presumably not certain at present), she certainly hasn't done anything wrong, except at most been a bit silly.

1 minute ago, Dr Marco said:

Well done ladies!

Wembley here we come!

Fingers crossed!

Although I can't help thinking it's more likely 'Heavy semi-final defeat to Man City or Chelsea here we come!'

• Like 1

Just because people can cite examples of this type of thing happening in the workplace does not make it acceptable. A professional manager of a ladies football team has to know that he in the wrong by having a relationship with one of his players.

Edited by gurru991
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BertFill said:

Yes - as long as it's Spurs and not Man Utd!

I'd still fancy our chances against United, already got a point at their place in the league and they're level on points with a Liverpool side we looked much better than, just avoiding Chelsea is the big thing

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

I'd still fancy our chances against United, already got a point at their place in the league and they're level on points with a Liverpool side we looked much better than, just avoiding Chelsea is the big thing

I agree that we'll have more chance against Man U than against Chelsea.

Dream scenario is we get past Spurs in the semi, and Man U beat Chelsea in the other one...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Agree, United are nothing to fear. 

On 09/03/2024 at 14:58, Lineker's Lugs said:

Tuesday morning apparently - BBC Breakfast around 8.20am per the live text page for today's game.

Looks now like BBC Breakfast actually meant BBC Radio 5 Live Breakfast, rather than TV.

1 hour ago, Foxmeister said:

Should Karen Brady have been investigated when she started a relationship with Paul Peschisolido?

Different scenario, she was directly his manager, relationship happen in the work place but it's not appropriate to be in a relationship with someone you directly manage.

Also birmingham sold him pretty quickly within the year, things have also changed a lot in 30 years.