Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

Almost the perfect draw, Man Utd at home to Chelsea gives Man Utd a sporting chance of getting through, which would make it a winnable final for both Tottenham and ourselves, and probably make for a better final.

Ideally we would have been drawn at home, but even away, Tottenham is absolutely a winnable game for our girls.

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Spurs women play at Brisbane Road, Leyton Orient but a good chance as Spurs are away that they play that at their stadium if they think they can get in more than 20k plus 

I'm going down on Sunday for the league game, and it's nowhere near sold out in one stand, they only had a few thousand against Man City. Can't see them playing it at Tottenham. 

2 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

I'm going down on Sunday for the league game, and it's nowhere near sold out in one stand, they only had a few thousand against Man City. Can't see them playing it at Tottenham. 

When they’ve made a real effort to flog tickets, they’ve got crowds of 20k previously. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah wouldn’t be shocked if there’s an FA push to get the semi’s at Old Trafford & spurs proper ground either

We played them there in the league a couple years ago

Edited by LCFCJoe96

That's where I question the so-called rise of women's football. Arsenal can fill the Emirates but Spurs and especially Chelsea struggle to fill a 4th tier ground. Majority of clubs arent anywhere near the level of having a dedicated stadium and if you haven't got a Lioness in your side, forget it.

26 minutes ago, iancognito said:

That's where I question the so-called rise of women's football. Arsenal can fill the Emirates but Spurs and especially Chelsea struggle to fill a 4th tier ground. Majority of clubs arent anywhere near the level of having a dedicated stadium and if you haven't got a Lioness in your side, forget it.

Attendances are still really poor generally.  Its great that one off games can generate large attendances, but this 'rise' hasn't really spead to the week in week out attendaces like people had hoped.  Only 2 WSL teams get over 10,000 for home games, over half dont get 5,000.

But theres no doubt things are heading in the right direction.  Its going to take time but i wonder what would happen if the womens national team have a few bad tournaments what the effect would be?

I wish Leicester women could play in a smaller ground in Leicestershire, something like Hinckleys ground would be perfect, better than 3000 fans in a 30,000 capacity stadium.

Edited by purpleronnie

the BBC have done a piece asking all the managers about player-coach relationships, they seem to want him sacked before its even clear he did anything, I hope the club have a new manager lined up as even if he did nothing inappropriate I can only see this ending one way

41 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the BBC have done a piece asking all the managers about player-coach relationships, they seem to want him sacked before its even clear he did anything, I hope the club have a new manager lined up as even if he did nothing inappropriate I can only see this ending one way

I can understand why with the suggestion he's had a relationship with a player. Listened to a piece on talksport where they had a few from women's football in to discuss it.

Safeguarding of the players firstly is hugely important, especially when we aren't aware if the initial meeting with the player was when they were under 18 etc. You have the power dynamic straight away of manager to player and numerous other issues. 

With women's game becoming more and more professional, it's important they start implementing professional standards off the pitch and removing things like this.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I can understand why with the suggestion he's had a relationship with a player. Listened to a piece on talksport where they had a few from women's football in to discuss it.

Safeguarding of the players firstly is hugely important, especially when we aren't aware if the initial meeting with the player was when they were under 18 etc. You have the power dynamic straight away of manager to player and numerous other issues. 

With women's game becoming more and more professional, it's important they start implementing professional standards off the pitch and removing things like this.

Given the rumours abound about other managers and coaches, including a very big name one, that's going to be a root and branches reform 

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Given the rumours abound about other managers and coaches, including a very big name one, that's going to be a root and branches reform 

I've not kept up to date with any other allegations other than those against Willie Kirk and obviously Jonathan Morgan. 

There's going to have to be a big shake up and probably quite a few bad apples will be exposed

• Like 1

I can't see anything else but a sacking coming form this. Such a shame against what is our best season. Let's hope this doesn't affect the team too much. On a positive, our club should be an attractive proposition for a decent manager to come and continue the upward trajectory we are currently on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I agree with the principle but its the allegation = conviction part of it that worries me, Willie Kirk may have had an inappropriate relationship with one of his players but he also may not have, running these articles implies he's guilty, now, if he hasn't and the club clear him they will be accused of not taking the issue seriously or worse trying to cover it up

• Like 1