Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

Seems like we're going back to our old ways!

There's no way we should have lost that game.

Once again giving the ball away far to cheaply.

They need to sort out the manager problem a s a p . We have a cup semi final to win 

Was a bad mistake by Kop for second goal, to be fair to her, she pulled off some good saves, and does not help when you equalize, then let them in again, even after that there was a few good chances at the end to get a point.

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

either clear Kirk or sack him and bring in a new manager this situation shouldn't be taking this long its as pretty simple investigation

I agree !! How difficult is it to sort this out .?? To be honest ... I find the delay a little embarrassing !!

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I agree !! How difficult is it to sort this out .?? 

Eh, it's mostly about ensuring everything is done absolutely by the book. We didn't when we sacked Wise for assaulting Callum Davidson and paid the price for that massively. Even if it's a cut and dry sacking, any indication that it's not been done through complete compliance with procedures opens you up to lawsuits for unfair dismissal (see the green party getting sued successfully by their former health spokesman after they sacked him for contradicting party health policy)

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

either clear Kirk or sack him and bring in a new manager this situation shouldn't be taking this long its as pretty simple investigation

The lack of action here is just another list on the mismanagement of the club lately sadly.  How this has dragged on is ridiculous.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Eh, it's mostly about ensuring everything is done absolutely by the book. We didn't when we sacked Wise for assaulting Callum Davidson and paid the price for that massively. Even if it's a cut and dry sacking, any indication that it's not been done through complete compliance with procedures opens you up to lawsuits for unfair dismissal (see the green party getting sued successfully by their former health spokesman after they sacked him for contradicting party health policy)

I do understand that this needs to be done properly but how complex can the issue be !!!    

Knowing LCFC, they have copied and pasted the matchday stewards contract for Willie Kirk and left out any reference about player relationships being deemed gross misconduct in a senior role. 

We really are a joke of a club right now.

9 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I do understand that this needs to be done properly but how complex can the issue be !!!    

Difficulty is that the process will be subject to time periods - alongside solicitors representing Kirk and others. 

It could be as long as his employment notice period if they want to take it one route. 

The situation is a disgrace and shames us.  The club require a code of conduct that bans grooming or controlling behaviors... these may not be illegal but can be banned in a code of conduct.  Such a code should also make it clear that colleagues must whistle blow.

The club should come out and announce a new approach.

On 25/03/2024 at 19:25, gurru991 said:

I agree !! How difficult is it to sort this out .?? To be honest ... I find the delay a little embarrassing !!

Its Leicester City -we NEVER do anything easily or quickly.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheStig said:

Its Leicester City -we NEVER do anything easily or quickly.....

We certainly seem to make every thing more difficult than it needs to be !!   The club needs to deal with the Kirk issue promptly but dragging it out makes me think they are trying to hide something.

1 hour ago, Lineker's Lugs said:

Leicester fans seem to love a conspiracy theory.  The referee is biased, the co-commentator hates us, the authorities want us to fail, the club are trying to hide something.

Given our recent history when the club have been hiding things and have been anything but open with supporters, when there have been stories about "we don't want too many Leicester's" and financial rules being changed in favour of the Super League 6 you can hardly blame fans for thinking that way.

I don't know whether it's taking too long but you'd have thought the club would have wanted it concluding rapidly so they've at least got one controversy put to bed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Given our recent history when the club have been hiding things and have been anything but open with supporters, when there have been stories about "we don't want too many Leicester's" and financial rules being changed in favour of the Super League 6 you can hardly blame fans for thinking that way.

I don't know whether it's taking too long but you'd have thought the club would have wanted it concluding rapidly so they've at least got one controversy put to bed.

No business is entirely open with their customers.  Football supporters have an emotional attachment which leads them to believe they should be told everything, but there is no reason why they should be.

I know it's a strange thing to say on a forum, but football is just a game and it really isn't important or worth over-thinking.  What will happen will happen.

I never realised I was so zen until I typed that!

3 hours ago, Lineker's Lugs said:

Leicester fans seem to love a conspiracy theory.  The referee is biased, the co-commentator hates us, the authorities want us to fail, the club are trying to hide something.

There are employment laws they need to follow.  They'll also have been seeking evidence from all parties, checking contracts and probably canvassing senior players as well, then deliberating over the findings with all the decision makers.  It seems likely Kirk will be dismissed - if he was going to be exonerated it would probably have happened by now - but the club still need to follow protocol to avoid issues down the line.

It will take as long as it takes and at this point in the season it doesn't really matter how long that is, as long as it's done before the window opens - they are safe from relegation and have almost certainly got as far as they can in the cup.  The next appointment, assuming it comes to that, will be crucial and will give a clue as to how ambitious the club really are.

This is no conspiracy theory though, its a trivial work relationship investigation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lineker's Lugs said:

There are employment laws they need to follow.  They'll also have been seeking evidence from all parties, checking contracts and probably canvassing senior players as well, then deliberating over the findings with all the decision makers.  It seems likely Kirk will be dismissed - if he was going to be exonerated it would probably have happened by now - but the club still need to follow protocol to avoid issues down the line.

It will take as long as it takes and at this point in the season it doesn't really matter how long that is, as long as it's done before the window opens - they are safe from relegation and have almost certainly got as far as they can in the cup.  The next appointment, assuming it comes to that, will be crucial and will give a clue as to how ambitious the club really are.

All football fans love a conspiracy theory & we are no different but the truth is that LCFC have not communicated well with their fan base for quite some time now. The only information that gets passed along is from the managers & they are not privy to a lot of what goes on at the club !! The LCFC women's team & their fans deserve answers and need to see a path forward.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gurru991 said:

All football fans love a conspiracy theory & we are no different but the truth is that LCFC have not communicated well with their fan base for quite some time now. The only information that gets passed along is from the managers & they are not privy to a lot of what goes on at the club !! The LCFC women's team & their fans deserve answers and need to see a path forward.

Spot on, the only slight improvement is Jennifer actually says which players are out, why and how long for whereas Kirk was always the 'we had 2 sit out of training' type...did they forget their kit?!

19 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

This is no conspiracy theory though, its a trivial work relationship investigation.

And any sacking has to be done by the book. Remember, we sacked Dennis Wise for assaulting Callum Davidson, and he successfully sued us for that because we didn't follow all employment law to do so. Rush to sack Kirk to appease a bunch of people on the internet and you create problems for yourself