Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCJoe96

LCFC Women 2023-24 Season

Full Time and they have lost 4-0 to Liverpool

Finished the season in 10th and also made it to the FA Cup Semi Final

Could've been a better season but it pretty much fizzled out when it kicked off with Kirk and that dragged on too long

Hopefully they get a new manager sorted quickly and do everything they can to keep Leitzig and Rantala

image.png.acff02d37dce777c75b54939d9476071.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ryy said:

Ruby Mace on a free? Was good last season when she was on loan 

She's barely had a kick this season, it's odd Man City didn't loan her out again.  But based on last year she'd definitely be a good signing.  Angeldahl would be really good too. 

Might be tricky selling a stagnating club to them though!

2 hours ago, Ryy said:

Ruby Mace on a free? Was good last season when she was on loan 

Stokes is an England defender too, if we could get both that would be a good piece of recruitment

Took my daughter to the game today first time we have been to watch the ladies. Hard to know if she enjoyed it or not as she always has such a serious face 😂 not the best result kind of end of season performance but hopefully it’s something she will want to go and watch again next season 

• Like 1

Disappointing season, we started off so well. The managerial position did not help.

Hopefully they get a decent manager next season and recruit well in the summer.

We have the  makings of a good team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Stokes is an England defender too, if we could get both that would be a good piece of recruitment

Stokes is 32 and has rarely got on the pitch in the last couple of seasons.  She could maybe do a job of sorts for Leicester but I wouldn't see her as a great option these days.

Posted (edited)

Disappointing end to what started off so well. I did 22/30 games overall and saw a side desperately lacking a good 9 and 10, a leader and the loss of O'Brien was also a big blow with 2 lengthy injury spells.

We've shown Kiernan onto her right foot for goals 3 and 4 today, subs were too late again, and zero creativity. 

Positives were the FA Cup run, some good performances away from home and there is potential with Draper, Pelgander and Kiera Bell.

It's the right time for Whelan to retire, a great captain but has made no impact this season.

Going to be a busy summer ahead, new manager, captain and desperately need to add some quality. 

Edited by SK3Blue

17 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Disappointing end to what started off so well. I did 22/30 games overall and saw a side desperately lacking a good 9 and 10, a leader and the loss of O'Brien was also a big blow with 2 lengthy injury spells.

We've shown Kiernan onto her right foot for goals 3 and 4 today, subs were too late again, and zero creativity. 

Positives were the FA Cup run, some good performances away from home and there is potential with Draper, Pelgander and Kiera Bell.

It's the right time for Whelan to retire, a great captain but has made no impact this season.

Going to be a busy summer ahead, new manager, captain and desperately need to add some quality. 

Have to agree with pretty much all your points above. I think Petermann is a decent number 9 but was often isolated and didn’t get the support she needed. I think its likely we will lose Leitzig and Rantala so some positive work in the transfer market is needed. 

Will we remain at the King Power next season. Attendances have been somewhat disappointing and with the prices being as low as they can be I can only see them increasing if the results on the pitch improve.

Overall a much better campaign than the previous season in terms of performance,  However the league position does not reflect this.

On 18/05/2024 at 21:47, Lineker's Lugs said:

Stokes is 32 and has rarely got on the pitch in the last couple of seasons.  She could maybe do a job of sorts for Leicester but I wouldn't see her as a great option these days.

we had about 4 defenders to end the season and one of them was on loan, we need depth, we have a good starting XI but a couple of injuries leave us struggling and also have a fairly young squad bringing in some experience to compete for a place and provide cover is something we need to do

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ADN said:

Have to agree with pretty much all your points above. I think Petermann is a decent number 9 but was often isolated and didn’t get the support she needed. I think its likely we will lose Leitzig and Rantala so some positive work in the transfer market is needed. 

Will we remain at the King Power next season. Attendances have been somewhat disappointing and with the prices being as low as they can be I can only see them increasing if the results on the pitch improve.

Overall a much better campaign than the previous season in terms of performance,  However the league position does not reflect this.

How many do they get on matchday? Presume no singing section?

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

we had about 4 defenders to end the season and one of them was on loan, we need depth, we have a good starting XI but a couple of injuries leave us struggling and also have a fairly young squad bringing in some experience to compete for a place and provide cover is something we need to do

I'd say you have a distinctly average starting XI with two or three exceptions who may well be targeted by other clubs in the summer.  You need to be signing starters and have current starters become your squad depth rather than signing cover.  As a potential signing Stokes seems more Sven than Nigel to me.

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

How many do they get on matchday? Presume no singing section?

Crowds are anything between 2 and 4k. 

Attendances dip when played at Burton. 

Could quite easily play at Hinckley, Leicester Road stadium if its up to standard. 

Villa got less than 9k at Villa Park v Man City, Everton rarely above 1500 and Man City get 3 to 6k. 

2 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Could quite easily play at Hinckley, Leicester Road stadium if its up to standard. 

Villa got less than 9k at Villa Park v Man City, Everton rarely above 1500 and Man City get 3 to 6k. 

And Arsenal sell out 60k?

3 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Leicester Road Stadium is really run down now. 
Alongside a long standing ownership issue where the land is all divided up.

Have to keep playing at the King Power - anything gives it a secondary thought feel. 

33 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

And Arsenal sell out 60k?

They can. Average is obviously a lot lower. 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Leicester Road Stadium is really run down now. 
Alongside a long standing ownership issue where the land is all divided up.

Have to keep playing at the King Power - anything gives it a secondary thought feel. 

They can. Average is obviously a lot lower. 

Haven't been for about 3 years to Leicester Rd. Thanks for the info. 

3 hours ago, Ryy said:

Not someone I've ever heard of, but I found a very brief Reddit discussion from 4 months ago discussing an article about why Ajax haven't renewed her contract and it doesn't sound great.

In summary the article says she's controlling, lacks empathy, upsets staff and doesn't give inexperienced players much of a look in.

Could all be rubbish of course (though the article is behind a paywall which suggests it isn't just some random spouting nonsense), but it's not exactly a glowing testimonial.

She won the league last year though (runners up this time) and then had a decent Champions League performance - they got to the QFs where they drew 1-1 then lost 3-0 to Chelsea.  Also, the article didn't mention shagging players, so that's a plus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Do we have any gossip on our new manager?

Bakker,  Phillips (ex Brighton) and Howard (player/manager) all been mentioned in articles I've seen.  Bakker seems the wrong choice given how fragile the confidence in the squad is, reported to lack empathy etc.  Howard would be too soon, still playing international football and just starting A licence.  Phillips got a few results, notably a 1-0 win at Man City but I don't know much else about her.  I also believe Remi Allen has applied. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SK3Blue said:

Bakker,  Phillips (ex Brighton) and Howard (player/manager) all been mentioned in articles I've seen.  Bakker seems the wrong choice given how fragile the confidence in the squad is, reported to lack empathy etc.  Howard would be too soon, still playing international football and just starting A licence.  Phillips got a few results, notably a 1-0 win at Man City but I don't know much else about her.  I also believe Remi Allen has applied. 

This is a big appointment for the club. After what happened last season, seeing a fantastic transfer window bringing good quality players in and looking like we were good for a top half finish, then ending up where we did due to unprofessional staff and player. The teams confidence as you said looked shot back end of the season so we desperately need to get the right person in, not only to bring back the teams belief but to continue to attract a better quality player and not risk losing them. I'm looking at getting a season ticket next year but am holding off to see who comes in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...