Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is utterly baffling that we haven't gone in for him. As I said yesterday, this won't be a huge fee either. Weirdo's

The only saving grace is that Enzo knows him very well, so it must be with a reason :dunno:

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

So this kid, who looks like would be absolutely ideal for us in so many ways, is heading to a team that is essentially no better than our own sister team OHL. Brilliant. I really hope we have a plan. I really hope we weren't banking on Diallo from United, now he has a serious injury. 

Maybe Rudkin was hoping to have a look at it when he got his arse arse back to this country, but is far too busy at the moment licking Tops backside in Thailand to get involved in anything as trivial as signing players for the upcoming season.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The only saving grace is that Enzo knows him very well, so it must be with a reason :dunno:

Yeah fair point. We don't seem to have gone in very aggressively for any other Man City academy players yet though, bizarre.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is utterly baffling that we haven't gone in for him. As I said yesterday, this won't be a huge fee either. Weirdo's

Rudkin can only do one transfer at a time. He’s still working on the Mavididi one, so missed this one. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Yeah fair point. We don't seem to have gone in very aggressively for any other Man City academy players yet though, bizarre.

Exactly what I was thinking. They all seem to have gone, i.e. Borges and Mebude. I can't see us getting Bobb or Palmer, and not sure we'd want any of the rest?

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Exactly what I was thinking. They all seem to have gone, i.e. Borges and Mebude. I can't see us getting Bobb or Palmer, and not sure we'd want any of the rest?

Borges was the one I thought. 

Palmer might feature for Man City more, with Mahrez going.

Apparently all isn’t well at City though, as they’re losing players.

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Palmer is the stand out, would be ideal for us but i'd imagine Man City will want him to go to a premier league side.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I thought Mebude would be the one if Bobb wasn't available (doesn't seem he is). 

Can't see how we get Palmer or McAtee. Possibility Alex Robertson or Nico O'Reilly would be available and we do need an ACM / box to box midfielder.

I'd hold reservation about us potentially saying pass to these Man City kids - it's not uncommon for Pep to have them playing in the Shield and then sending out on loan. All the top clubs like to have a proper look at their kids over pre-season; particularly those on the fringes. 

We had links all over the place, the minute they  are in Thailand they have completely fallen off a cliff. I know we joke and say that we won’t sign anyone until we are back but I’m genuinely believing now that Rudkin is saying, let’s get Thailand out of way and then concentrate on transfers. Is that a mad suggestion? Seems like zero urgency. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

At least they've moved them on and saving the wages. We spent £75 million+ on Soumare, Daka, Vestergaard and Praet and appear stuck with them, we can only sell the half decent players and get left with the trash no one wants (well, they probably would if we were willing to accept less like Leeds have done but we seem to prefer paying wages in full and players walking for free instead).

Those four players all have pedigree, so it's hard to class it as dead money - there's still a very real likelihood that we'll be able to sell some of them, or that they can finally integrate into a team that isn't completely dysfunctional - all of them have had good seasons at the top level, no reason why we have to right them off just yet.

7 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

So this kid, who looks like would be absolutely ideal for us in so many ways, is heading to a team that is essentially no better than our own sister team OHL. Brilliant. I really hope we have a plan. I really hope we weren't banking on Diallo from United, now he has a serious injury. 

Perhaps that's why we haven't gone in for him? - if he's so great, i'm sure Maresca would have wanted him, clearly he didn't, as there's no apparent reason why we couldn't have got him.

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Those four players all have pedigree, so it's hard to class it as dead money - there's still a very real likelihood that we'll be able to sell some of them, or that they can finally integrate into a team that isn't completely dysfunctional - all of them have had good seasons at the top level, no reason why we have to right them off just yet.

What about if they are on wages far too much for their ability? We know they are on a decent number