Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

Annoyingly don’t think this weakens Soton much either. Still got KWP at right back. 

Likely to get over £100m from the sales of Livramento, JWP & Lavia. Be interesting to see what they spend it on… 

Edited by Foxes96
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Annoyingly don’t think this weakens Soton much either. Still got JWP at right back. 

Likely to get over £100m from the sales of Livramento, JWP & Lavia. Be interesting to see what they spend it on… 

Yes, I guess if Chelsea taking loads of it and didn’t realise he was only 20! 😂 

worryingly they will be in the same pool of players that we are going for. Need to get our centre mid sorted so we are not in for same targets! The assumption would be that they would need to go big in CM if they lost JWP and Lavia. 

Edited by DezFox

4 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

got to bare in mind Southampton might get over £100mil for them 3, but Livramento and Lavia both had decent sell on clauses to Chelsea and Man City

Yes man city 20% sell on lavia and livramento was ridiculous, something like 30-40% as the price increases 

25 minutes ago, DezFox said:

If true, just shows how bad Rudkin is. One good season, 18 months ago, crocked for a year. Pretty much same price as our best players.

It does raise eyebrows at how we've only just hit £40m for Barnes, as you say one of our best players. Yet Southampton are hitting that for a man injured for 18months but with "potential" 

6 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

got to bare in mind Southampton might get over £100mil for them 3, but Livramento and Lavia both had decent sell on clauses to Chelsea and Man City

JWP must have a sell on clause to EnglandU21s aswell. It may have expired now 😂

Just now, UniFox21 said:

It does raise eyebrows at how we've only just hit £40m for Barnes, as you say one of our best players. Yet Southampton are hitting that for a man injured for 18months but with "potential" 

I know I think it’s probably the sell on clause and the age. But it does make me question it, of course I was already questioning it quite heavily. I guess barnes and Maddison have set the bar for key players and Southampton have more who are still in contract. In reality Telemans, nacho and cags would have been keys player to sell if we weren’t so stupid. 

19 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Annoyingly don’t think this weakens Soton much either. Still got JWP at right back. 

Probably players that we want lol

we’ve been bent over for transfers this summer. We listened to how newcastle had ffp issues and couldn’t go higher for barnes before spiffing 40m on a bloody left back. 

We let tottenham dictate the fee for maddison as well, in reality they will get a huge kane fee and would have paid another 20m for maddison at that time.

on both these players i read journalists stating they were the managers number 1 targets… that’s very telling as it means they both were unlikely to pull out. 

Issue is, we needed things to move quickly so did what we had to do for us to make some moves. Southampton are very well placed this season. They probably don’t need to move any individual on desperately so can afford to hold firm.   i’m really surprised we are still the bookies faves 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

Just now, Lambert09 said:

we’ve been bent over for transfers this summer. We listened to how newcastle had ffp issues and couldn’t go higher for barnes before spiffing 40m on a bloody left back. 

We let tottenham dictate the fee for maddison as well, in reality they will get a huge kane fee and would have paid another 20m for maddison at that time.

Issue is, we needed things to move quickly so did what we had to do for us to make some moves. Southampton are very well placed this season.  i’m really surprised we are still the bookies faves 

On the flip side. We have got 5 through the door after the sales of Barnes and Maddison. 

Southampton haven’t sold anyone of high value yet… and look like losing Livramento, Lavia and probably JWP as well after the season has started.

Which will weaken them and doesn’t leave them long to source replacements. We would’ve been fuming if Barnes and Maddison were still here but likely to leave and therefore not got any replacements in 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Issue is, we needed things to move quickly so did what we had to do for us to make some moves. Southampton are very well placed this season.  i’m really surprised we are still the bookies faves 

I agree with this, we gambled so we could get players through door and IMO it hasn’t really looked to have worked massively. Southampton look in a stronger position than us. Still time but we seriously need to get rid of deadwood and fast. 

1 minute ago, Foxes96 said:

On the flip side. We have got 5 through the door after the sales of Barnes and Maddison. 

Southampton haven’t sold anyone of high value yet… and look like losing Livramento, Lavia and probably JWP as well after the season has started.

Which will weaken them and doesn’t leave them long to source replacements. We would’ve been fuming if Barnes and Maddison were still here but likely to leave and therefore not got any replacements in 

I’d be less fuming seeing maddison and barnes crush cov though 😂

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I guess part of the difference is that every penny we got (apart from the usual fees) comes back into the club - he cost us nothing and there's no sell on fee.

31 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

on both these players i read journalists stating they were the managers number 1 targets… that’s very telling as it means they both were unlikely to pull out. 

Issue is, we needed things to move quickly so did what we had to do for us to make some moves. Southampton are very well placed this season. They probably don’t need to move any individual on desperately so can afford to hold firm.   i’m really surprised we are still the bookies faves 

Tottenham didn't really dedicate the fee for maddison, his contract did - reports were they were expecting to pay less than they did.

And regarding FFP, i'd guess that Barnes is on much better wages than livramento - this will also impact the price of the two players

• Like 1