Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

1 minute ago, shen said:

What?! If you take that opinion from FT, most wanted him to stay. 

No-one begrudged him a move to Nice, but that's a far cry from wanting him gone.

My impression is partly my own and partly from various other sources.  His distribution had become embarrassing and his unwillingness to come for corners and crosses was so set in he might as well not have been on the field for set pieces.  

I'm sure there we're people who still loved him, those who thought he could do no wrong, but at the level we were playing, given his age, he was always likely to go that summer even if he could have perhaps played another season, but his form in Ligue 1 suggests that he really was past his best.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Kasper is a legend regardless of where he moves, for me. Wonder if he would be tempted by Saudi? One final pay day, and it would be the biggest payday available in the Saudi league. 

Similar to Vestergaard, I doubt he wants to move his family to a place like Saudi Arabia. 

Guest glasgowfox
5 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Palace signing a young and talented Brazilian 😭

If he was signing for us he would be shi.t already 😜

51 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Kasper is a legend regardless of where he moves, for me. Wonder if he would be tempted by Saudi? One final pay day, and it would be the biggest payday available in the Saudi league. 

Nah, he always said he would move for sporting reasons first and foremost. I don't doubt that from his many interviews and looking at his career path.

He's earned a good living playing for us and I'm sure Nice pay him a good wedge too.

I still see him going to Denmark to FC Copenhagen most likely, if they want him.

47 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

My impression is partly my own and partly from various other sources.  His distribution had become embarrassing and his unwillingness to come for corners and crosses was so set in he might as well not have been on the field for set pieces.  

I'm sure there we're people who still loved him, those who thought he could do no wrong, but at the level we were playing, given his age, he was always likely to go that summer even if he could have perhaps played another season, but his form in Ligue 1 suggests that he really was past his best.

Then don't say "most people" when it's based mainly on your own opinion.

Much has been made of his distribution throughout his time here. I stand by that it was not terrible and not great. 

It did not get worse or "become embarrassing". But playing out from the back was not his strength and he would be more exposed when we tried to play like under BR the last couple of seasons.

Don't get me wrong, Schmeichel was and is a limited goalkeeper, but he has enormous strengths that we got the best out of and that I think our fanbase started to take for given.

It was clear he was a massive presence in the dressing room - and unfortunately, in hindsight, I think his departure made us completely rudderless as a squad.

14 minutes ago, shen said:

Then don't say "most people" when it's based mainly on your own opinion.

Much has been made of his distribution throughout his time here. I stand by that it was not terrible and not great. 

It did not get worse or "become embarrassing". But playing out from the back was not his strength and he would be more exposed when we tried to play like under BR the last couple of seasons.

Don't get me wrong, Schmeichel was and is a limited goalkeeper, but he has enormous strengths that we got the best out of and that I think our fanbase started to take for given.

It was clear he was a massive presence in the dressing room - and unfortunately, in hindsight, I think his departure made us completely rudderless as a squad.

I said 'most people', yes, based on my own opinion but also, as i said, various other sources - so, i'll rephrase it,  most opinions that i heard were that he was done.

He was not great playing out from the back and his endless punts into touch seemed to be more often than not - regardless, it wasn't good enough at the level we were playing.  If he was good enough there wouldn't be talk about it, and talk about it there was.

He was, even at the end of his time here, a great shot stopper, and a big voice (though it was clear during covid he was a real moaner and seemed to let decisions get to him, which never seemed that positive.)  I think, at bottom, it came down to his late inclination to stay on his line, it just left us so vulnerable.  Love Kapser, but clearly his time was up - that said, how we dealt with his departure and replacement was horrendous.

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I believe they've now restricted how long contracts can be stretched - anyone confirm this?

Not resticted to the length of the actual contract, it's the length of how many years a payment can be spread over the contract length. It's set to 5yrs. So, Chelsea can spread the cost over 5 years and not the 25yrs they sign players for. 

If any of this ramblings make sense 

Edited by fox_favourite

3 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I believe they've now restricted how long contracts can be stretched - anyone confirm this?

You can give out contracts as long as you want, there is just a restriction that you can only pay the transfer fee over a maximum of 5 years