Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

8 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

So much for those posters who said West Ham were in a similar position to us the previous summer - they're about to spend almost 100m on 3 players! 

If any team is going to be compared, Wolves is a better comparison given their FFP issues. 

The 3 players being Maguire, McTominay and JWP? 

Wouldn't say that's anything to shout about having lost Rice and soon to be Pacqueta. 

16 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

So much for those posters who said West Ham were in a similar position to us the previous summer - they're about to spend almost 100m on 3 players! 

If any team is going to be compared, Wolves is a better comparison given their FFP issues. 

It could be that they had spent a lot of the rice money last season 

and we’ll see if paqueta goes whether they spend any of that on a new quality midfielder 

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The 3 players being Maguire, McTominay and JWP? 

Wouldn't say that's anything to shout about having lost Rice and soon to be Pacqueta. 

Alvarez, Maguire and JWP.  Alvarez is highly rated.

We didn't sign anyone with a fee until the transfer deadline day, and that was one player  - that was my main point. They clearly had the finance to go ahead and spend. In contrast, Wolves has got similar issues to us. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Losing JWP, likely Lavia and probably Adams will really weaken Southampton 

Maybe but they've generated a lot of revenue in player sales. 

I'll be honest I know nothing about their financial position. Obviously could be very active in the next couple weeks. 

I watched Southampton against Sheff Weds. They were different class. 80% possession away from home and playing very much like Maresca ball but with a bit more pace at the back. Losing Ward Prowse is going to be a real kick in the teeth for them, but they've got a lot of quality in that team for the championship

they've also had a right touch with Livramento going for £40m despite not playing for them for a year. They'll be dangerous in the transfer market with £70m in their back pocket already and a lower starting wage bill. Wouldn't rule out a hijack approach for Casadei or Rak-Sakyi. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

I watched Southampton against Sheff Weds. They were different class. 80% possession away from home and playing very much like Maresca ball but with a bit more pace at the back. Losing Ward Prowse is going to be a real kick in the teeth for them, but they've got a lot of quality in that team for the championship

they've also had a right touch with Livramento going for £40m despite not playing for them for a year. They'll be dangerous in the transfer market with £70m in their back pocket already and a lower starting wage bill. Wouldn't rule out a hijack approach for Casadei or Rak-Sakyi. 

Livramento was 31 mill with Chelsea getting £14 mill of that.  They are a good side tho

23 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Yes I would still they are in a much stronger position than us. Could well see Leeds and Southampton going after the same targets. Despite getting our big assets out of the way early we have not done too well on a creative sense at all. 

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Losing JWP, likely Lavia and probably Adams will really weaken Southampton 

Adams will be a loss if he goes, but Armstrong and Tella will get plenty of goals in the Championship. Sulemana is a threat and one to watch, too. 

Southampton's squad will still be miles better than most even after losing JWP and Lavia. 

Our squad is still one of the best in the league after all of our departures.