Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

Considering Højlund went for 70mil, I'm surprised Gift Orban is still at Gent and not a European top club. 

Just scored a hattrick in the ECL too.

I bet he won't go for even half as much as Højlund either, but the boy is phenomenal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shen said:

Considering Højlund went for 70mil, I'm surprised Gift Orban is still at Gent and not a European top club. 

Just scored a hattrick in the ECL too.

I bet he won't go for even half as much as Højlund either, but the boy is phenomenal.

Spurs might go for him, saw they had an interest in him.

I absolutely hate these Buy-back clauses the big clubs have started putting into contracts. It just weights the deal even more to the selling club and takes away the opportunity of a smaller club profiting from a deal and heaven forbid break the monopoly on the top 6 places. Seems like a growing trend these days and I'd love to see it (somehow) stamped out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I absolutely hate these Buy-back clauses the big clubs have started putting into contracts. It just weights the deal even more to the selling club and takes away the opportunity of a smaller club profiting from a deal and heaven forbid break the monopoly on the top 6 places. Seems like a growing trend these days and I'd love to see it (somehow) stamped out.

thing with the buy backs, i think some have a expiry, pretty sure Kels did when we got him

14 minutes ago, brookfox said:

There's actually been very few activated in this country, if any. It happens prolifically abroad though.

27 minutes ago, brookfox said:

They’re a way around ffp in the short term instead of making a loan and then deciding a couple season later about a sale. If villa sell archer for £15m then that’s all in the positive column for them.  A loan would only be a million. Remember that purchases are spread over five years so that fifteen million goes a long way over the next two seasons. 

Will be interesting to see over the next few seasons if any are actually activated 

Bournemouth have a £20m + £5m add ons offer accepted for Alex Scott. 

Max Aarons also set to join for £7m.

That's on top of the near £60m already spent on Kerkez, Traore, Favaire, and Kluivert. That's with no major outgoings and nominal fees incoming for Pearson and Dembele. They're another club where I don't understand how they aren't in hot water with FFP.

3 hours ago, brookfox said:

Shame the Give-back Clause has expired in Vesty´s contract......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Oh dear oh dear. Poor Spurs are going to be mid table at best. 

They're mid table already. If Kane goes they'll fight for survival. I might be wrong but I can't see who is going to provide all these goals for them plus their defense is more shaky than ours. 

Huge pressure will be also applied to Madders if Kane goes and I'm not sure he can handle it. 

25 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

That's on top of the near £60m already spent on Kerkez, Traore, Favaire, and Kluivert. That's with no major outgoings and nominal fees incoming for Pearson and Dembele. They're another club where I don't understand how they aren't in hot water with FFP.

Does it really matter if a team is in FFP trouble? We might be the only team having concerns about it and expressing them publicly. We went down for 2 reasons: Firstly, afraid to spend because of the FFP and secondly because of BR antics. It feels like we're the most naive football team in the world. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LCCFox96 said:

You can do it when you first come up because you wage budget is smaller. It catches up eventually, forest, wolves are also good examples. I would imagine it will happen to villa next year and probably Bournemouth. Not sure though