Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

8 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

They have a bidding war between Chelsea and Liverpool, I’d imagine Arsenal were also in before Rice, maybe City were too. He is statistically outstanding. 

Everybody is changing style and those pivot players, the best of the 6’s, are hugely in demand, and therefore highly priced. 

Plus Brighton did not let his contract run down to 12 months. In addition to losing Youri and Cags for f-all, Madders price was reduced.  Brilliant work by those charged with running the football operations👍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Dining out on previous exploits has run its course. The same with any Job really.

So are you disappointed with the manager and players we've brought in this summer?  Seems to me like we're the envy of the league and have recruited the right players for the right positions?

The same with any job really - sometimes you're awesome, sometimes you suck.

4 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

So are you disappointed with the manager and players we've brought in this summer?  Seems to me like we're the envy of the league and have recruited the right players for the right positions?

The same with any job really - sometimes you're awesome, sometimes you suck.

Did I mention anything about my dissatisfaction at this window’s recruitment?  I said he cannot rely on any contribution he may have had in previous successful periods to mask over his considerable contribution to our relegation and dire financial position/ contract Management etc. etc. This IS the same as other employees with positions of responsibility and where they are charged with running their companies correctly.  If not in your case you must self employed…..

9 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

To think Liverpool pulled out of Jude Bellingham deal because it was too expensive then bid £110m for Caicedo is hilarious.

Might have been personal agreements that were the stumbling block. Also, at the time, they probably didn't envisage so many midfield departures.

The Caicedo price is guaranteed to be fuelled by Klopp's desperation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Did I mention anything about my dissatisfaction at this window’s recruitment?  I said he cannot rely on any contribution he may have had in previous successful periods to mask over his considerable contribution to our relegation and dire financial position/ contract Management etc. etc. This IS the same as other employees with positions of responsibility and where they are charged with running their companies correctly.  If not in your case you must self employed…..

Christ, it was just a question - i know you didn't mention it, that's why i was curious to know.  It just seems to me that, regardless of what happened last year, he isn't relying on past glories as you suggested, when you consider the team that we are building this season - it seems that he and the rest of the board are showing that they can still do a stellar job in teambuilding :dunno:

4 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

To think Liverpool pulled out of Jude Bellingham deal because it was too expensive then bid £110m for Caicedo is hilarious.

I think the sales of Henderson and Fabinho to the Saudi clubs likely impacted their decision to go all in for Caicedo. If Jude actually wanted to go Liverpool (I think he was more interested in Madrid after the ‘22 UCL final) and the Saudi sales were done earlier in the window / if Liverpool could see them coming, then he would have gone to Liverpool. Just unfortunate timing for them.

2 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Christ, it was just a question - i know you didn't mention it, that's why i was curious to know.  It just seems to me that, regardless of what happened last year, he isn't relying on past glories as you suggested, when you consider the team that we are building this season - it seems that he and the rest of the board are showing that they can still do a stellar job in teambuilding :dunno:

I would answer this but I am self banning myself from any posting for 7 days……