Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

They don't want to really sell him though do they? This would be like us being offered £12-15m for Faes. Pretty much what we paid for him. You'd be tempted but he's still an important 1st team pmayer, as is Adams for them.

I'm still fuming, the wages we pay our players. Adams with a relegation pay cut is probably on about £30k a week max, ours with a pay cut are still on nearly double that, some triple.

That's a bit of hyperbole other than maybe Vardy who is on 90k a week after relegation. 

6 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Che Adams is a weird one.

Surely we'd accept that sort of offer for Iheanacho or Daka? 

Feel like both would be better options for them.

I imagine clubs will be taking into account that both of them are going to gone for over a month in January/February when considering whether to go for them

Would be quite important for a club like Everton when they are unlikely to be able to go and get another decent striker to cover for that

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

That's a bit of hyperbole other than maybe Vardy who is on 90k a week after relegation. 

I expect Ndidi, Castagne, Ricardo and even Vestergaard to be on fairly serious wages. Nacho and Daka have come from rich and reputable clubs and were already on high wages before joining, so they could be included in that group of £60k+ earners.

2 minutes ago, shen said:

I expect Ndidi, Castagne, Ricardo and even Vestergaard to be on fairly serious wages. Nacho and Daka have come from rich and reputable clubs and were already on high wages before joining, so they could be included in that group of £60k+ earners.

60k is a bit different to 90k thou.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The point still stands though. We'll have a fair few still on massive money at this level.

100%, but if you are going to beat the club with a stick, at least use the right one. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I imagine clubs will be taking into account that both of them are going to gone for over a month in January/February when considering whether to go for them

Would be quite important for a club like Everton when they are unlikely to be able to go and get another decent striker to cover for that

Yeah, decent point. You may well be right.

So galling that we're going to lose Iheanacho on a free, and I can't believe we can't move Daka on - His stock was so high before we signed him.

Just all very disappointing isn't it!

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

60k is a bit different to 90k thou.

100%, but if you are going to beat the club with a stick, at least use the right one. 

Che Adams will be on about £20-25k a week, there will be plenty of players in our squad on double/treble his wages. 

I was being very generous that Adams would be on £30k. Either way, let's not pretend we're doing well on wages.

One thing I'm glad of is how clear Enzo has been on who is on his plans. The likes of Daka and Souttar haven't been near in the first 11 and have recently not appeared on the bench too.

Soton have had two late winners from Adams, plus a goal against Norwich, and now he's gonna be gone. 

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Che Adams will be on about £20-25k a week, there will be plenty of players in our squad on double/treble his wages. 

I was being very generous that Adams would be on £30k. Either way, let's not pretend we're doing well on wages.

100% agree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

They have been selling there best players! 

Yes and for higher prices than we did for those still under contract !!!  Plus Che Adams is hardly prolific.   Let’s wait and see what we receive for Daka.  

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There's an argument to suggest that, if we can go straight back up, the high wages cease to be an issue - as the saying goes, you have to speculate to accumulate. Fact is, we're stuck with this situation - i'm sure the club would love nothing more than to reduce the wage bill, but as you well know, this is easier said than done. 

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

What your point?

Pretty sure Rice had less does that make him worth less?

What’s your point? You started these exchanges. I simply remarked that Soton were having a good window. I made no mention about our window until you dragged it up! Check back to my original post…