Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

Just now, Sankey93 said:

Honestly a good fee for him. Yeah he did well with Burnley but I think this is his peak, he won't get much better than this anymore.

Southampton are walking a tightrope here, they've had to make all these sales to balance out the army of signings they made last summer. Plenty of potential but not a lot of immediate quality in that squad of theirs now

• Like 3

I didn't realise Southampton were in such dire straights, I thought they looked like a club that knew they were going down before anyone else and were planning for it. As it stands they have weakened significantly, though they still have good quality comparative to the division.

If Leeds keep Sinistera and Gnotto, then along with Piroe, that is the best forward line in the league.

Both these teams will be ones to keep an eye out for on deadline day as I expect a lot more comings and goings from both.

Of the non traditional teams, then so far I think Coventry have stood out for me in terms of business down. They lost two of their star players but made a good investment in the overall quality of their squad. I think they make playoffs again and could be in with a real shout next season as teams that get relegated from the Premier League this time round won't be as strong as the insanity that is this season.

3 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Honestly a good fee for him. Yeah he did well with Burnley but I think this is his peak, he won't get much better than this anymore.

Southampton are walking a tightrope here, they've had to make all these sales to balance out the army of signings they made last summer. Plenty of potential but not a lot of immediate quality in that squad of theirs now

It is a good fee for tella but the lad can score in this league and I think they are mental for letting him go! Don’t get me wrong I’m happy about it cuz Southampton will be up there you’d imagine with us.

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I didn't realise Southampton were in such dire straights, I thought they looked like a club that knew they were going down before anyone else and were planning for it. As it stands they have weakened significantly, though they still have good quality comparative to the division.

If Leeds keep Sinistera and Gnotto, then along with Piroe, that is the best forward line in the league.

Both these teams will be ones to keep an eye out for on deadline day as I expect a lot more comings and goings from both.

Of the non traditional teams, then so far I think Coventry have stood out for me in terms of business down. They lost two of their star players but made a good investment in the overall quality of their squad. I think they make playoffs again and could be in with a real shout next season as teams that get relegated from the Premier League this time round won't be as strong as the insanity that is this season.

The odds must be pretty slim on that happening.

With apologies to Ric...

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

·

13m

Djed Spence, set to join to Leeds Utd on loan deal from Tottenham — agreement has been reached today between the two clubs #LUFC £1m loan fee, player has to give green light soon then here we go.

Heck of a signing if they pull it off.  Might or might not take them out on Thomas.

If Leeds get things right they are going to blow the league away unfortunately. Their front four are premier league quality not even including Bamford, and now getting Spence in too. The weekend at Ipswich showed what they are capable of, plus with that crowd behind them each week, they'd be my tip to go up. Farke has won this league twice aswell.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

If Leeds get things right they are going to blow the league away unfortunately. Their front four are premier league quality not even including Bamford, and now getting Spence in too. The weekend at Ipswich showed what they are capable of, plus with that crowd behind them each week, they'd be my tip to go up. Farke has won this league twice aswell.

Think we need more than one game to judge, Ipswich pretty much gifted them 3 goals. Also, judging from the same game Leeds can't defend for toffee. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Think we need more than one game to judge, Ipswich pretty much gifted them 3 goals. Also, judging from the same game Leeds can't defend for toffee. 

Yeah I'd love to be wrong, just think Piroe is a top signing, Gnonto and Sinisterra are too good for this league as probably is that big unit Rutter. Also Ipswich's 1st goal should have been offside and the 3rd goal was in the 98th minute as an afterthought. Leeds went to a highly confident Ipswich and won convincingly, which is slightly ominous.

28 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Yeah I'd love to be wrong, just think Piroe is a top signing, Gnonto and Sinisterra are too good for this league as probably is that big unit Rutter. Also Ipswich's 1st goal should have been offside and the 3rd goal was in the 98th minute as an afterthought. Leeds went to a highly confident Ipswich and won convincingly, which is slightly ominous.

It’s is a fantastic front line, don’t get me wrong. I just think they aren’t as strong in other areas

Just now, AjcW said:

Will be at Brentford in a few years then? 

Ha I was just about to post the same thing!

Leicester and King Power missed a real trick in not using OHL like that. No one wants their club to be a feeder club, but that is a smart way to do business, which can benefit both clubs. Actually these days I guess we would be the feeder club to OHL given they are in the top flight and we are not!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Despite all the players they lost for pitiful loan fees, they've retained a good set of wingers and attackers. They will be in the mix but I do query how Sinisterra and Gnonto get on if they don't get moves, seen plenty of ridiculous players at this level struggle for motivation. (Same could be said for some of ours too)

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Despite all the players they lost for pitiful loan fees, they've retained a good set of wingers and attackers. They will be in the mix but I do query how Sinisterra and Gnonto get on if they don't get moves, seen plenty of ridiculous players at this level struggle for motivation. (Same could be said for some of ours too)

I think they've sorted things out and are set to stay now, hence why they both played, and scored at the weekend. I even forgot Summerville who is still there. Southampton have lost their best ones, and although they some cash to throw around, I see us and Leeds being stronger.