Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

4 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I think they've sorted things out and are set to stay now, hence why they both played, and scored at the weekend. I even forgot Summerville who is still there. Southampton have lost their best ones, and although they some cash to throw around, I see us and Leeds being stronger.

Far better managers as well IMO. Something about Martin I'm not a fan of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

They're making some decent buys. They do need them as well after a poor season and a shaky start to the new one. Recent debutant Franculino could be the next big sale from them with a storming start.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Honestly, I’ve had 5 or so in my mentions in the past 30 mins saying he’s the dogs bollocks and Harry Winks is shite

He's obviously very different.

He couldn't do what Winks does for us, he's better on the ball than Ndidi but he's also not Peak Ndidi defensively. 

3 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Yeah I agree, thinks he's better than he actually is. Enzo is a caviar coffee at Harrods, Martin is a egg cob outside Home Bargains.

I think Farke is even worse though, he's okay at championship level but his sides were absolutely doggo in the Premier, such a soft underbelly. 

11 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I think Farke is even worse though, he's okay at championship level but his sides were absolutely doggo in the Premier, such a soft underbelly. 

Sometimes there's an argument that a coach has good tactics, but is being held back by their squad. That always sounds like a weak excuse, but Eddie Howe I feel did show there is something in it after going to Newcastle. 

Farke underachieved in the Bundesliga though, so with him the excuse is not valid. As you say he's proven at Championship level, but found out at both Premier League and Bundesliga level. Borussia MGB in Germany are a mid-table team so had better resources than Norwich.

Russel Martin hasn't achieved anything of note yet, but many think that his underlying data suggests it's just a matter of time. I have seen that so far this season they have the highest amount of expected goals, and maybe even actual goals scored. I have to say I am glad we didn't appoint him though, as his style seems a bit dated to me, just like Rodgers. Our game against them coming up is massive though, and will be really interesting to see from a tactical point of view. If he doesn't get promoted with Southampton I think his reputation will suffer.

Kieran McKenna of Ipswich legitimately looks really promising. I'm not sure he takes Ipswich up, but he looks like someone that is destined for the Premier League, as does a certain Enzo Maresca!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Really annoying, he seemed in a price bracket we ought to have been in for.

the deal being discussed is reported to be only 5m Euros. Deffo within our price bracket.
No doubt we'll probably pay 3 times that much for him in 18 months 

Edited by kingpower
  • Like 1