Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Harry Winks

2 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

The Walsh approach is a myth. I know someone who told me about his approach at Everton, and I can assure you it was actually shambolic

Well, his shambles found Kante and Mahrez, Fuchs and Shinji plus Vards too. 

Give me lucky generals and all that.

The Walsh approach is a myth. I know someone who told me about his approach at Everton, and I can assure you it was actually shambolic

Is that when he attempted to bring in Haaland, Robertson and Maguire, but was overruled by others working at the club? 

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

Is that when he attempted to bring in Haaland, Robertson and Maguire, but was overruled by others working at the club? 

Not saying that Everton's board and management wasn't shite too. But the 80% of the players he brought in tanked at Everton. I've been told that it was almost a dart board approach. It wouldn't surprise me they were on a long list.

1 minute ago, sphericalfox said:

Not saying that Everton's board and management wasn't shite too. But the 80% of the players he brought in tanked at Everton. I've been told that it was almost a dart board approach. It wouldn't surprise me they were on a long list.

I am certain there was someone else involved in recruitment at the time. Think Koeman overruled on a number of things. Clearly didn’t work like you say!

I personally think he has the potential to be a bit of a steady eddy for us. Nothing fancy, just does a 7/10 job week in week out and I'm not opposed to that at all. 

However...

I DO get why people are a bit antsy. This transfer window is HUGE. If we get this wrong, it'll cripple us for the next decade or so. 

A few players on big wages like Winks and Coady, don't work out, we don't go back up, can't sell them because no-one will match their wage, can't sign anyone else because our squad space is bloated with flops.... We are in BIG trouble so signing these types of players is a massive risk. 

We HAVE to get this transfer window right! 

My mate is a spurs season ticket holder and said this…

“He’s played in a few places across midfield. I think he’s more holding, but is completely adaptable. He’s was excellent under Poch (Like most players) and have seen him play amazing against some big teams like Real Madrid. Mourinho & Conte sucked the spark out of him, made him flat very safe, backwards and sidewards passing, but I guess that is their game at the end of the day” 

I think he would be a more than handy player in the championship. 

• Like 1

It's the kind of deal that you are initially horrified by, then you convince yourself that he probably will be class in a lower league, then he plays and he actually turns out to be pretty sh*t.

I think he could actually be decent in the championship though.

• Like 1

I reckon he’d be a very solid signing. Got to admit, I’m surprised that people are already writing him off - let’s see what he does before passing judgement. Let’s face it, people on here (myself included) considered the signing of Tete as one of the best bits of business we’ve done in years and we all know how that turned out.

...prove of the pudding, he has had a very successful period with us, and brought in very good players!!!

I think you have to look at what he has done here and judge him on that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't know, it's like us telling Everton fans Gray was having a purple patch, or Reims fans telling us Faes had a mistake in him. Fans that see a player regularly seem to know what's up and Spurs fans have said that he's not good enough for a team pushing for or battling in Europe. But players like Coady and Winks can get us back up first time and will probably be OK for a season if we get back up. And that's good business if you ask me.

These are good signings and we've got them rather than Leeds, Southampton, Boro or Coventry, plus whichever surprise package emerges this season (Ipswich is my bet). Preseason starts next week for some players so having these guys ready to go is great for the new man in charge.

The other side of that 'fan review' coin, is that people can be inclined to be disparaging about players that have left their club - you only have to look at how much crap our fans give players that have genuinely been great for us (chilwell, mahrez, youri - to name just a few) - some people on here would have nothing good to say about any ex-players.

But i agree, i think if we can get coady and winks and they've got it in them to show what they're capable of, they should be seen as great signings, other EFL clubs will be looking and thinking ' wow, leicester are signing PL/england squad standard players' (neither of whom are by any means past their best).  I'd even go so far as to say, given the amount of players we need to sign, they might even have been players we'd have been looking at had we stayed up?

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Rodgers and Dean Smith both had superior insight, devoted years of their lives and studied elite training methods,  yet played both played Tete.

What does that have to do with fans on here thinking they know better than maresca and pep?

1 minute ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I find the general rule of thumb for transfers on here  is as follows;

Majority of foxestalk rubbishes player = Player turns out to be good

Majority of foxestalk jizzing over player = Player turns out to be shit

I tend to agree. The absolute tsunami of cum that flooded the City when the unknown, unwanted Tete arrived was a bad omen from the off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Maybe I should have been more specific....Outgoings that bring in money

But we have saved a load of ££££££ on massive wages.

l doubt we pay anything like the money Tielemans & even what Amartey was supposed to be on again for the foreseeable future. 
l take your point though. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

My mate is a spurs season ticket holder and said this…

“He’s played in a few places across midfield. I think he’s more holding, but is completely adaptable. He’s was excellent under Poch (Like most players) and have seen him play amazing against some big teams like Real Madrid. Mourinho & Conte sucked the spark out of him, made him flat very safe, backwards and sidewards passing, but I guess that is their game at the end of the day” 

I think he would be a more than handy player in the championship. 

Almost word for word what my spurs mate says.  Was terrified of making a mistake under Mourinho so always played it safe and Conte finished the job and broke him.  Fans then turned on him.

Was considered a real talent when he broke into the side. 

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Because, against all logic, fans frequently are. Even with Pep (exhibit A, champions league final team.selection  v chelsea)

Oh my.  This is priceless - you do realise what you're suggesting? lol