Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Harry Winks

59 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

You still think we'll get him?

I think we will see movement when Maddison departs. He would be perfect to cheer fans up after a big departure. Contract on the table from Coventry, but we could easily treble it, so fingers crossed 

• Like 2

Just now, Bordersfox said:

Almost word for word what my spurs mate says.  Was terrified of making a mistake under Mourinho so always played it safe and Conte finished the job and broke him.  Fans then turned on him.

Was considered a real talent when he broke into the side. 

If he can get anywhere close to how he played when he first came through, it will be an incredible bit of business - the talent is there, the question would be: can Maresca coax it out of him?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

this thread makes him look pretty good…

I don’t believe a word a Spurs fan says they were nailed on to win the league according to them the year we won it . I can still hear that fan  on that interview now Leicester are nobody’s come on you do the maths . 

20 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I find the general rule of thumb for transfers on here  is as follows;

Majority of foxestalk rubbishes player = Player turns out to be good

Majority of foxestalk jizzing over player = Player turns out to be shit

But the majority are generally spot on with the obvious  stinkers -  Bertrand and Vesty being casing examples.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If he was an18 y.o. with a daft haircut and earrings playing in the Dutch league some on here would be hailing the next De Brunye. He is a very boring , solid player and would fit right in.

Minus the goals and assists and ginger hair 

• Haha 1

I do get the feeling he is the right kind of fit for what Maresca supposedly wants to do. He's clearly lost his way a bit of late though.

I think one thing that was off about us under Rodgers was that we never really played a way that suited what we had. At least with an overhaul of the squad you can actually properly mould the squad the way you want. We had too many ill-fits before.

I'd take this for a sensible fee / contract.

• Like 1

One things certain, there won’t be (m)any other Championship teams signing 27 year old midfielders with 10 England caps and 200 prem games in his career. Clearly lost his way/position of late but there’s obviously a player in there and a drop down the divisions and new start could be the platform he needs. I’m all for it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brookfox said:

One things certain, there won’t be (m)any other Championship teams signing 27 year old midfielders with 10 England caps and 200 prem games in his career. Clearly lost his way/position of late but there’s obviously a player in there and a drop down the divisions and new start could be the platform he needs. I’m all for it.

That's not necessarily a good thing either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brookfox said:

You've gotta be a certain age for this reference, but I give you Ricky Hill. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Check the other video, numerous mistakes in the same cameo performance....not just one!

So?? You could literally make a video of any player doing the same. Plus what was that video 3 or 4 years ago?? I'm sure you could make a complication of Ronaldo missing easy chances or losing the ball. We are in the championship and won't be signing superstars I'm afraid. He's a solid player for our league, I'd be worried if we were in the prem, but he will be a good player at this level.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's not necessarily a good thing either.

No I agree and a lot of it will depend on his mindset and how he looks at the opportunity. He should have the ability to be one of the top 5 mids in the league… if he applies himself. He’s got a skill set we currently lack (ie ball retention) and should be key to how you’d imagine Maresca will want us to play.