Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Harry Winks

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I very rarely get irked by transfer rumours and pontificating on hyperthetical scenarios... but this one has got me bothered..

Seriously, we may as well keep Praet - also ordinary at Sampdoria (or wherever he was) - also an undefined midfielder and also a smattering of international caps. They are probs even the same age.

I like Praet but I have a feeling he's a bit soft for Championship football. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Right, let's see we do sign him and his attitude is good and he can stay fit (debatable) then focus turns to how we're going to set up.

I'm presuming Ndidi, Soumare and Praet will go. I'll assume Choudhury is a back up DCM. If Winks and KDH are a midfield two then we need a very creative 3rd CM who scores and assists, otherwise it'll be of no surprise if we struggle going forwards.

I have issues considering Winks as a DCM though, he's not strong enough for that role unless the system doesn't require a specific DCM (more likely if Maresca is a Pep disciple) but if Winks is being brought in to play some sort of dynamic midfield role then it's got potential disaster written all over it and would be classic Leicester.

Who's going to sign Soumare from us? I hope i'm wrong but I think we're stuck with him for a bit longer.

2 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Who's going to sign Soumare from us? I hope i'm wrong but I think we're stuck with him for a bit longer.

Championship might...might, be his level :fc:

1 hour ago, mod hero said:

Yep.

Gk?

JJ.    Souttar Coady Krist,

Winks

Hamer.  KDH

Palmer.                Borges

Vardy

The 2 centre backs are awfully slow on the turn, worries me slightly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mod hero said:

Yep.

Gk?

JJ.    Souttar Coady Krist,

Winks

Hamer.  KDH

Palmer.                Borges

Vardy

like the look of that tbf 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Touch expensive for me. 

Agreed. No problem with the 4 million promotion bonus as that will be worth it, but  thought more 4/5 million max initially. Guess it’s not the 90’s any more though and £15 million is the old £5 million! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alanf0x said:

Looking like 8 million initially + 4 million if promoted this season. 

Gone are the days of us unearthing gems or exciting young players. 

Now we are signing Premier League duffers for high fees on high contracts because they have experience. To be honest even the appointment of Maresca reeks a bit of copying Arsenal and hoping for the best.

Still really worried about the coming season. No lessons learned so far. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Hopefully the club forget to tell him the season has started and he’s just plodding about at home. I think we are stuck with him, the most useless player in our squad and that includes Ward. I think a loan to a mid level French side or Turkey is the only option that will come. 

On the Maddison fee, we were in a weak position. One-year left, a player who wants to go and now in the championship. We needed a quick sale and to avoid him being there at the start of the season. Is 40m for Maddison a big fee, no. Is it in the current circumstances, yeah it’s ok actually. 

I genuinely think our fans are underestimating Winks, but time will tell obviously 

• Like 1

I think I am the only happy with this. Winks will be a great Champ signing. Maddison was always going to go cheaper than we’d like. If the money can be recycled quickly and another key player like Coady comes in this week we’ll be in a good place for preseason. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bmt said:

Came round to this signing on the cheap but we've well and truly been done by Levy.

The add ons on the maddison deal better be big and likely to happen

Just hope the add ons aren't linked to them winning anything.. Otherwise we're fvcked 😂