Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Harry Winks

I actually think this will be a quality signing in the Championship, look at the best teams in the Championship in years gone by, they all have this kind of player in the team - he’s not sexy, he’s not going to beat three players and smash one in the top corner, but he will do the basics very well and keep the game moving.

I remember the Reading team who got the record points tally - Steve Sidwell did this role for them and I think Winks is a very similar player.

I think this will turn out to be a very good signing for the club.

• Like 2

Just now, teblin said:

£10m off the back of one tweet who’s going to try to be pro spurs. Not sure it’ll be that much.

I hope it is that £10m is the the total package including add ons for promotion etc.

Hopefully it is something more like £6/7m with the rest in add ons up to the £10m

Guest Kopfkino

Seen some Tottenham fans say he’ll be better as an 8 but I look at this, and the money spent, as almost certainly Enzo’s pivoté to build the team around.

Injuries are the big concern but think some are underplaying this signing cos he’s neither young nor foreign. 

The evolution of squad will be so great that signings have to be viewed as a holistic package rather than individually anyway.

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

£10m+ is a crap deal. I think he'll be really solid at this level but that's a big chunk of a budget to spend on this type of player.

If we are looking at players that can excel at this level and hold their own if we get back up, we are going to be looking at £10M minimum.

Let's not forget that Harry Souttar cost us £20M.

• Like 3

£10 m?

I don’t believe we’re paying that as a fee with only a year left on his contract. it may include his salary differential next season from his spurs contract which we can then amortise over four or five years rather than put into next seasons accounts (and spurs will pay it from the theoretical fee) 

• Like 2

Just now, mod hero said:

Levy 2-0 Rudkin 

I think both teams have come out of this well, we’ve both got a player off the books who doesn’t want to be at tue club any more, we’ve both gained a player who will improve the starting 11 and we are 30 million quid better off…

It’s at very least a draw, though only time will tell who has the better end of the deal.

We've played this a bit - to work down the slice that Norwich get from the Maddison deal.

We could have charged Spurs £50m in an exchange deal for Winks but instead we've reduced Norwich's slice, got in Winks. The £40m/£10m is partly for show. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

This is just the way Sky report for the favourite clubs.

Spurs sign Maddison for 40m in a fantastic deal!!!

Spurs screw Leicester  out of massive 10m for unwanted semi-literate gimp

It’s just Sky Sports. :dunno:

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

£10 m?

I don’t believe we’re paying that as a fee with only a year left on his contract. it may include his salary differential next season from his spurs contract which we can then amortise over four or five years rather than put into next seasons accounts (and spurs will pay it from the theoretical fee) 

Pah! We used to spend more than that in reserves wed never heard of.