Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Harry Winks

Get Rudkin out the ****ing club, I don't care if it's 10m or 5m with addons up to 10m. That's a horrendous ****ing deal, they've essentially just got Madders for 30m while sending an unwanted player the other way. How ****ing clueless can you be Rudkin it's actually beyond me.

If it wasn't for us, Spurs would've sent him out on loan somewhere and let him run his contract down.

So basically 30M and Winks for Maddie. That really sounds like a shit deal.

Are we just letting the clubs we are dealing with dictate the media, or are we seeing more of the Rudkin masterclasses? 

Just now, LFox99 said:

Get Rudkin out the ****ing club, I don't care if it's 10m or 5m with addons up to 10m. That's a horrendous ****ing deal, they've essentially just got Madders for 30m while sending an unwanted player the other way. How ****ing clueless can you be Rudkin it's actually beyond me.

If it wasn't for us, Spurs would've sent him out on loan somewhere and let him run his contract down.

Welcome to the Championship.  :rolleyes:

I think a few folk need to just get onto the reality bus for a moment. Regardless of how good Maddison is no one will pay any more that £40m for him.. NO ONE. Not even Newcastle. Unfortunately we will just have to accept it. Anyway, it’s not the fee that’s the issue, we need him off the wage bill, so £40m isn’t a bad deal considering we’ve gone down. If clubs wanted him that badly another team would have made a more significant move for him, they didn’t. 

• Like 3

Just now, Jonezy said:

So basically 30M and Winks for Maddie. That really sounds like a shit deal.

Are we just letting the clubs we are dealing with dictate the media, or are we seeing more of the Rudkin masterclasses? 

Winks up to 10m

Maddison at least 40m

9 minutes ago, Ricey said:

If we are looking at players that can excel at this level and hold their own if we get back up, we are going to be looking at £10M minimum.

Let's not forget that Harry Souttar cost us £20M.

But the context is different. That was signing a team's best player, who's in his early 20's, mid season in a position we desperately needed.

With Winks, we're moving early to sign a player in his mid 20's from a team who want rid, and the player only has a year left on his contract. Think £5m would have been more reasonable, especially if we're only getting £40m for Maddison from them.

You'll definitely have players that you have to spend £15-20m at this level, but there will also be plenty available under £5m who are great at this level and possibly have the ability to become good PL players. How good a deal this is will depend on what % this accounts to overall spend this window. Plenty of similar players to Winks that we could have gone for.

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

But the context is different. That was signing a team's best player, who's in his early 20's, mid season in a position we desperately needed.

With Winks, we're moving early to sign a player in his mid 20's from a team who want rid, and the player only has a year left on his contract. Think £5m would have been more reasonable, especially if we're only getting £40m for Maddison from them.

You'll definitely have players that you have to spend £15-20m at this level, but there will also be plenty available under £5m who are great at this level and possibly have the ability to become good PL players. How good a deal this is will depend on what % this accounts to overall spend this window. Plenty of similar players to Winks that we could have gone for.

Well luckily the deal is "up to £10M" so it very well could be £5M up front.

Name me a player, with his pedigree, that we could have got for £5M? We know what we are getting with Winks, the only risk factor is injuries and fitness.

2 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I’m sorry but £10m for a 27 year old who will be too good for the Championship is not a bad deal at all. He’s a mid-lower PL player with the right CMs around him. 

I can see him and Hamza forming a nice bond in the middle. 

Also, this not the championship we left behind 9 years ago. £10m for a championship club now is still a fair amount but it’s not astronomical. Heck, we paid £5.5m for Matt Mills and that was well over 10 years ago.

Please don't remind us 😂

10 mill for winks is disgusting. Haha

Hi, Daniel, john here! 
How much do you want Maddison for because we will except first offer? 40 will do. What you want for winks? 8mill? Bit steep but let’s call it 10. 😂😂

Winks for upto 10m is great business, but as a whole spurs are pulling out pants down if they get Maddison for 40m and manage to squeeze 10m out of us for winks even if that’s including addons. 

£40m plus winks and I’d have said it’s acceptable. 
40m + we pay 5-10 for winks and we are getting a shit deal. 

7 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

confused - who allows players run their contract down ????  players do it to a club but they don't go out on loan in their final year because that's the club just giving in . 

11 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I dislike Rudkin too but some of you just want to complain for the sake of it

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

confused - who allows players run their contract down ????  players do it to a club but they don't go out on loan in their final year because that's the club just giving in . 

Hence "if it wasn't for us".