Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Harry Winks

So we've sold Maddison who scored 10 goals and 9 assists last season in a very poor Leicester team for 40m and we're buying Winks who even through was loaned out this year to Samdoria who got relegated he achieved 0 goals and 0 assists for 10m. 

Beyond belief!

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

13 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

30m and Winks for Maddison, what a ****ing joke we are. They are both in the last year of their contract ffs.

But one doesn't want to be here and one does. That shouldn't be understated. 

Maresca said before he had both feet in the door that attitudes need to change and if we come off the sticky end of a poor deal to get those players in the squad who have the right attitude and the wrong ones out then we need to take that on the chin. 

• Like 1

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

So we've sold Maddison who scored 10 goals and 9 assists last season in a very poor Leicester team for 40m and we're buying Winks who even through was loaned out this year Samdoria who got relegated he achieved 0 goals and 0 assists for 10m. 

Beyond belief!

This is us now, this is top, this is Leicester…disgusting. 

So we've sold Maddison who scored 10 goals and 9 assists last season in a very poor Leicester team for 40m and we're buying Winks who even through was loaned out to this year Samdoria who got relegated he achieved 0 goals and 0 assists for 10m. 

Beyond belief!

Selling Maddison at the same time as we buy Winks doesn’t mean Winks is the Maddison replacement. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So we've sold Maddison who scored 10 goals and 9 assists last season in a very poor Leicester team for 40m and we're buying Winks who even through was loaned out this year Samdoria who got relegated he achieved 0 goals and 0 assists for 10m. 

Beyond belief!

Seems we sold Maddison for 55m and bought Winks for 5m

Sound better?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

You can pick one match from any player and make them look shit though. I'm not convinced by the price but just posting the same game over and over doesn't show much 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

What kind of player is Winks? Maybe my ignorance talking but this just feels like a Praet 2.0 type signing...

Very much at home in a team that likes to dominate possession, which is what we will do next season. A very efficient passer of the ball, proving a link between defence and attack. Was loved by Pochettino and was apparently at one point targeted by Guardiola, but his career at Spurs went into decline when they appointed a series of managers who don't favour possession football (Mourinho, Nuno, Conte). Probably not physical enough to be a sole DCM, but should work as a deep-lying playmaker alongside either KDH or Coudhury. Think Mendy with more aerial presence. Should be a cut above most players in his position in the Championship.

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

So we've sold Maddison who scored 10 goals and 9 assists last season in a very poor Leicester team for 40m and we're buying Winks who even through was loaned out this year to Samdoria who got relegated he achieved 0 goals and 0 assists for 10m. 

Beyond belief!

He's not Maddison's replacement, you silly sausage.

11 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I’m sorry but £10m for a 27 year old who will be too good for the Championship is not a bad deal at all. He’s a mid-lower PL player with the right CMs around him. 

I can see him and Hamza forming a nice bond in the middle. 

Also, this not the championship we left behind 9 years ago. £10m for a championship club now is still a fair amount but it’s not astronomical. Heck, we paid £5.5m for Matt Mills and that was well over 10 years ago.

No chance will Hamza be a regular under a Pep disciple. Will all be about possession and players who are comfortable on the ball

Am I the only person that thinks £10m isn't a bad deal?!? I was initially underwhelmed when the Winks rumours surfaced but the idea has grown on me the past day or so and reckon he'd be decent in Maresca's system. Let's be honest you'd be struggling to sign even a mediocre Championship player for that sort of fee these days so £10m for an average Prem player isn't bad business. He's easily a £20m player, so the way I'm seeing it is that Spurs have actually helped us in terms of not only giving us a cut price deal but also helping us avoid paying a bigger fee to Norwich. Stay positive lads reckon we'll be alright 👍🏼

• Like 3

It was quoted he likes the sound of our project

Just now, baldeagle said:

Funny how people hear what they want report James Maddison 40 mil upfront plus add ons everyone only getting 40 mill disgusting . 
Also our fans .. report Winks paying up to 10 million including add ons  fans paying 10 million for winks is disgusting. 

Pisses me right off  lol

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

There is some over the top reactions in my opinion on here to a 27 year old former England midfielder with 10 caps!

We are a championship team now not a team that is pushing for top 6 anymore, give your head a wobble and make peace with this fact. If you google the highest performing centre midfielders in the championship the same names will pop up Lewis Cook, Chalobah etc. your telling me Harry Winks wouldn't be up there? The comments of ‘disgusting’ and  ‘horrendous’ are crazy reactions im unsure what people’s expectations are.

be funny if he took one look on here and thought f&ck them and signed for leeds or Southampton and took them straight back into the premier league.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 3

Positives: 

can pass

can get him at a relatively reasonable price

makes complete footballing and business sense 

negatives:

will have to get over the fact he is the sole reason we didn’t make it into the champions league when we played Spurs on the last day that year. The game was level and we were 3 on 1 in our half and he professional fouled (can’t remember who) on the break….. then bale goes and scores.

I'll never not hate him (would have shouted great foul if it was the other way round and maybe we need more clever ba*tards like that)