Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Harry Winks

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

So he plays a role similar to tielemens under Rodgers. I hope he and others are maresca signings, because I'd hate to think we're buying players for maresca that he doesn't rate 

The latest Leicester City news as the midfielder has emerged as a target for Enzo Maresca this summer as he looks to rebuild the City squad. I know it's the Mercury but it is part of the Headline.

All these players allegedly we are after Winks and others mentioned are they really players that Enzo as identified or are they part of Rudkins dream team , this is what worries me . 

£10m for a player who's injury prone, will command big wages, not got much of a ceiling for improvement so is a distinctly average PL player at best, is irksome. Worrying sign of things to come I'm afraid, but of no surprise. The board haven't learnt anything and seemingly Glover is not the saviour many think he is, never been successful anywhere yet and he's been around for decades.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sk4 said:

All these players allegedly we are after Winks and others mentioned are they really players that Enzo as identified or are they part of Rudkins dream team , this is what worries me . 

Rudkin would only be involved in negotiations. Scouting and recruitment is headed by Glover (who has sketchy record to put in kindly).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Very pleased if we do get him for £10m.

Just the type of player we need in the Championship. Good defensively, but can open up a defence from deep – so can see him feeding Vardy...

He is just being used as a part payment for Maddison

• Like 1

He was pretty good under Poch for a while, played a part in getting to the champions league finals too. He fell off after Mourinhos first season, as has most of that Tottenham squad tbf. There’s a decent player in there, hopefully Maresca can bring it out. 

7 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Very pleased if we do get him for £10m.

Just the type of player we need in the Championship. Good defensively, but can open up a defence from deep – so can see him feeding Vardy...

The way some of our fans are talking you would think he was someone from Top Field Hitchin!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

He is just being used as a part payment for Maddison

That's a fair bit of it I imagine. 

Saying its 40 million of rising to £45 for Maddison...or 30 plus Winks who may cost up to 10 million, also changes how much we have to pay Norwich.

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

He was pretty good under Poch for a while, played a part in getting to the champions league finals too. He fell off after Mourinhos first season, as has most of that Tottenham squad tbf. There’s a decent player in there, hopefully Maresca can bring it out. 

Poch loved him. Mourinho wanted to sign him at Man Utd and then in the Spurs documentary took him under his wing for a bit... but it didn't work out.

That's some real top level managers singling this lad out as a talent. 

He's 27, there's no reason the right manager can't get the absolute best out of him in his peak years.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

£10m for a player who's injury prone, will command big wages, not got much of a ceiling for improvement so is a distinctly average PL player at best, is irksome. Worrying sign of things to come I'm afraid, but of no surprise. The board haven't learnt anything and seemingly Glover is not the saviour many think he is, never been successful anywhere yet and he's been around for decades.

He's no longer wanted by Spurs, if nobody from the PL else is interested then he has to accept that he can no longer command big wages. He can stay at Spurs and rot or accept the pay offer we make. We don't have to match or even come close to what Spurs are paying. Rot/paycut/no pay are his options.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Poch loved him. Mourinho wanted to sign him at Man Utd and then in the Spurs documentary took him under his wing for a bit... but it didn't work out.

That's some real top level managers singling this lad out as a talent. 

He's 27, there's no reason the right manager can't get the absolute best out of him in his peak years.

Perhaps he will be another reject who becomes a gem for us

On the face of it, you have to say this is a shocking bit of business for us. Spurs fans will be loving getting our best player (player they desperately need) on the cheap and getting rid of their deadwood (arguably we don’t really need) at an inflated price.

Only at Leicester it seems:doh:

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is he injury prone? Missed a chunk of the season last season, but only missed 3 games due to injury in the previous two seasons.

9 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Not sure I am onboard with this negative perspective.

OK enlighten me, I presume the negativity was of that ilk a few months ago? In which case why the shift in positivity? And if not then how on earth not?

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

Love the juxtaposition of this post and your avatar

Changed it when we signed him based on Ric's enthusiasm. Fell out with Leicester City, football and life so haven't changed it since. lol

Edited by SecretPro
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

My Spurs mate says he was not a great fan of Winks but good work ethic just not a top level player. As we are now in Championship Perhaps he can cut it

The issue is we don't want to be in the Championship for more than one season. We still need to be ambitious as we can be.