Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Harry Winks

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The issue is we don't want to be in the Championship for more than one season. We still need to be ambitious as we can be.

Granted. Need to get promoted pronto. Some players stay at club others move on with a thanks for efforts in getting us up.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Leicester City of old. No issues with the -player nor the price.

To all those who say he is not good enough , show me the money. A high quality midfielder will cost a lot of money and want £6 million a year. We do not want a juvenile " prospect " either. We need a reliable, experienced and hopefully injury resistant player , this is going to be a tough season with most of our creativity gone and an inexperienced manager.

Just now, MPH said:

Ric! You sold us all down the river with your glowing reference of Tetè!!  If this guy even manages 1 straight pass I’m going to have to banish you to a Forest forum!

At least the lad wasn't Madueke , we dodged a large caliber bullet there.

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

£10m for a player who's injury prone, will command big wages, not got much of a ceiling for improvement so is a distinctly average PL player at best, is irksome. Worrying sign of things to come I'm afraid, but of no surprise. The board haven't learnt anything and seemingly Glover is not the saviour many think he is, never been successful anywhere yet and he's been around for decades.

I think Coadys probably gonna arrive for around £5 million, £10 million is a bit much for me, I think £5 million would of got the deal done, doesn’t seem any Maddison discount in that fee for me.

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

£10m for a player who's injury prone, will command big wages, not got much of a ceiling for improvement so is a distinctly average PL player at best, is irksome. Worrying sign of things to come I'm afraid, but of no surprise. The board haven't learnt anything and seemingly Glover is not the saviour many think he is, never been successful anywhere yet and he's been around for decades.

I am also worried about his injury record. The guy once got injured for a period of time for falling into the opponents dugout/bench. 
However, despite agreeing with your assessment of Winks, being average Premier League at best, is this a bad thing for our position at the moment? Over a period of three years, would we be likely to move above a level that required better (clearly we have done a mad upward trajectory before). 

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

I am also worried about his injury record. The guy once got injured for a period of time for falling into the opponents dugout/bench. 
However, despite agreeing with your assessment of Winks, being average Premier League at best, is this a bad thing for our position at the moment? Over a period of three years, would we be likely to move above a level that required better (clearly we have done a mad upward trajectory before). 

I don't mind a short term player that helps get us up and probably needs replacing in a few years but at £10m and probably 40-50k a week, no thank you! 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

He is just being used as a part payment for Maddison

This.

If we received 50m for Maddison and got Winks on a free, it sounds better to our fans. But then we'd have to pay 15% on the 26M profit to Norwich.

We've done the accounting such that Norwich get a sum, but we aren't taken to the cleaners. Also to amortise costs across several years, etc.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

£10m for a player who is unwanted at his club, last year of contract and no other suitors?

We have learnt absolutely nothing have we.

Exactly, we've had an absolute howler of moving such players on and yet we've queued over night to pay over the odds for such a player. I wish I could walk away from this club, I really do. I'm in agony.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The fact we've been burnt by so many players in this age bracket and the fact he's never been an established first choice player, it's just not an exciting deal.

If we go up, unless he's going to be a 1st name on the teamsheet, we're once again stuck with a player that nobody will want who's taking up a squad space.

Would have preferred a loan deal if we're signing him with the aim of promotion.

Just to clarify to the clever people that say "if he was a foreign name, the same people would be loving it".  I'd feel exactly the same if we were signing a random 27 year old from Lyon who'd never established themselves as a first choice player.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't mind a short term player that helps get us up and probably needs replacing in a few years but at £10m and probably 40-50k a week, no thank you! 

Personally think the wages are good value for the situation, if nearer to 40k. But yes 10million seems excessive when unlikely to have resale value on him. 

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This.

If we received 50m for Maddison and got Winks on a free, it sounds better to our fans. But then we'd have to pay 15% on the 26M profit to Norwich.

We've done the accounting such that Norwich get a sum, but we aren't taken to the cleaners.

50 - 3.9 = 46.1.

40m - 2.4 - 10 = 27.6.

By my calculations we're £18.5m down doing it this way rather than the other in the 2 examples you gave :D

edited as I forgot to take of 15% of 16m.

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

This.

We've done the accounting such that Norwich get a sum, but we aren't taken to the cleaners.

Instead we’ve got 40m for Maddison and paid 10m for Winks. If this was the case shouldn’t we have got Winks for cheap?