Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

It’s notable that when asked what his aims are he never mentions the word promotion or Premier League. He’s also got a 3 year contact. So we’ve gone for a builder here and not immediate results, though of course we hope we get them. 

I’m ok with that. It’s a brand new era, time to start from scratch again. 

Worked for Ranieri when he didn't even mention winning the title until April when we had one hand on the Premier League trophy. Keeps the pressure off, shows we aren't complacent and understand the challenge. 

• Like 4

Step one done. Note the Club have announced him as First Team Manager, not just a Head Coach. Interesting statements, simple at times which could be exactly what the players and staff need at the moment, clear vision and strong motivation; although back to point one he's here as a leader and comparing his role as an assistant under Guardiola has to now stand out to the players as the leader.

Now onto step two - our squad is in pieces, it needs to be established quickly how we're building a squad again, from the ground up. Leaders, we don't have much of a team oriented determined group of players - we need character, determination & experience. It's critical now to establish who is staying and who goes, while we recruit and build a team who have everything to prove here & we can be proud to support.

It does concern me with his low reputation as a manager, and being a "forrunuh"(like Puel) that some of our fans will be quick to turn on him if the team doesn't excite and challenge by the end of the year, as shown on here in the previous couple of weeks some of our fans have unreasonably high expectations given the state of the squad we now have - it could take us a couple of seasons to get anywhere considering the squad has to be rebuilt. Just think back to the beast of a team Nige had to piece together the last time we broke out of the Football League, which still took years, it's not easy.

Anyway it's good to feel the cloud of the last couple of seasons fade away, this could be a much needed refresher for LCFC. Let's get to work.

• Like 2

Enzo, if you want to learn about our club and get expert insight on the current squad don’t waste your time with data analysis, you tube footage or lengthy discussions with the staff, get yourself a bucket of popcorn and a bottle of wine and head here for a Foxes Talk marathon. We’re in it together, we’ll sort it together, you know it makes sense.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

I long for a return to the qualitee and intensitee of Puel - but if we can't get him back, then I'm onboard with the Enzo era. :ph34r:

Is it going to be the mentality and demand of Enzo - I hope he sorts those twonks out first. Gets them fit and full of desire to actually want to win games of football