Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

11 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

3 years seems about right, 1 or two years in the Championship and at least 1 season in the premiership. Anything in the top half next season providing the building blocks look like they are coming together.

Doubt he will survive if we don't get promoted this coming season. Fans will turn on him, unless we fall just short but have played entertaining football. Anything else, and all this positivity he is getting now, will quickly go out the window. Fans are always impatient. 

Just now, fox_favourite said:

Anyone else posts just sold my car....should get an outright ban. I can't get the blinking song out me head now!!!!

It's reminded me they had Philip Schofield do the adverts after too. So now i've got the tune, and Philip Schofield in my head. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Doubt he will survive if we don't get promoted this coming season. Fans will turn on him, unless we fall just short but have played entertaining football. Anything else, and all this positivity he is getting now, will quickly go out the window. Fans are always impatient. 

Not just the fans. I imagine the owner will start getting impatient. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's unknown and that's exciting. 

I must admit my instinct is disaster though, but hope I'm wrong. 

Time to get prepared for a gruelling season. 

Clearly you've supported us for a long time to have those instincts!

"Enzo’s profile has stood out to us for some time"

Could it be that the reason they kept BR in the job was because they were planning all along to get Maresca as a replacement - genuinely would explain why things deteriorated so spectacularly and implausibly after the WC?

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Interesting quotes from Enzo Maresca in the past: “My thesis at Coverciano [Italian coaching centre] is called ‘Football and Chess’. There are a lot of similarities.

“The most important is positional play and strategy. For a coach it’s important to have the mentality of a chess player: develop a plan, study counter moves, choose the arrangement of the pieces.”

Love it. 

Fvck notepads, it's all in the mind! 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

MARESCA OOO
MARESCA OOO
HE CAME FROM MAN CITY
TO MANAGE THE CITY
MARESCA OOO

:ph34r:

He came from Italy,

to Pep up the  City

Edited by KingsX
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Interesting quotes from Enzo Maresca in the past: “My thesis at Coverciano [Italian coaching centre] is called ‘Football and Chess’. There are a lot of similarities.

“The most important is positional play and strategy. For a coach it’s important to have the mentality of a chess player: develop a plan, study counter moves, choose the arrangement of the pieces.”

Sounds like the sort of play that works for Man City. We are going to take a while to play that style rather than boot it upfield and chase.

9 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

3rd July pre season, would of preferred a week earlier. He's got two weeks of training before the pre season tour, the tour then the season begins. Only thing I'd say is if there bodies can adjust to the heat of Bangkok and Singapore, it should be easier in the cooler UK weather.

Singapore and Bangkok should prepare us well for the scorching October heatwaves in Leicester

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lewis20201 said:

The most important thing is to try to win games.

Enzo Maresca

Clearly knows his stuff this guy

Damn sight better than the poisoned dwarf who was all substance over form. 

I'm certain there was a quote along the lines of, I care about the performance because individual games can be affected by luck but if we get the performance right.... 

And then there's the 3-0/0-0 ht/ft v West brim and the twat was happier with the nil nil half. 

****ing penguin! 

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

It's short sighted that though, the reason everyone was excited as he's going to build an exciting brand of football, if we wanted someone just for promotion we'd of gone with Parker. We need to build from the ground up again, I don't wanna see us come up and straight back down again.

1 minute ago, SkidsFox said:

Great appointment.

All we need to do now is sign some good players.

And I think he'll attract a better quality player due reputation for developing players and his connections with pep. 

If you think about we have the best training facilities, a man the was involved in a treble winning side. Just imagine if you're a hot prospect, wanted player from the championship by a club that has won the premier league and FA cup fairly recently.  Who would you pick?

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

What’s interesting about appointments like this, is that there’s no ambition to use us to immediately leap frog to a top club. I always had the feeling that’s why Brendan came here, to work his way back to a “big six” club. And the start of his downfall was when that didn’t happen after the FA cup win.

So, Enzo will want to forge something here before he either considers to move on or gets snapped up.

Provided he has a good team around him, it could be a new and exciting era for the club.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

MARESCA OOO
MARESCA OOO
HE CAME FROM MAN CITY
TO MANAGE THE CITY
MARESCA OOO

:ph34r:

Alternatively (to the tune of Newcastle’s old Mirandinha song from the late 80s):

His name’s Enzo Maresca

It’s a shame he’s not from Leicester

But he came from Italy

To manage the City…

• Like 1