Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

22 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Whilst this shouldn't make any difference, it really, really does. Do you remember during the title win Claudio pumping up the crowd? Our crowd consists more of families and reserved people, we can create noise, but it needs the team to stir us up. A lot of people dislike Arteta, but he is very energetic on the touchline and it helps his teams start fast.

I totally agree. As with anything in life, If you dont show passion for it then you cant enjoy the successes and you shouldn't be doing it.

Football is all about the matchday experience. The Crowd feeds off the players and the Players off the Crowd.

If the Manager doesn't show passion then that filters down to the players, As in, If he cant be bothered why should I.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

Does g try hat make you some kind of super fan?

it’s a thread about the new manager, why bother telling us how much you disliked Rodgers. 
apologies for quoting you, it’s aimed at everyone who can’t let it go and move on.

Let it go ffs. 

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

This is the tip of the iceberg of my great relegation conspiracy theory!

Yes i look for the positives, but i feel that nothing i've said is implausible, even if it's left field.  Sure, it wasn't our board that became billionaires, but they did become champions of england...  you don't accidently build the success we've had in the last decade - and i firmly believe they still know what they're doing, that 22/23 was just an unavoidable blip

Out of interest, do you think Rudkin's in depth analysis and sixth sense hand picked ranieri, fresh from abject failure with greece, as the right man to harness all of the good things about pearsons reign and add to it? Because to think otherwise would be to accept that we may have been a bit lucky? (Which would be a preposterous thought, I agree.) 

I'm with you, I actually think they planted the Thai prostitutes on pearsons son after first calculating that that was the season that would require the lowest total points to win the league. 

That is just the tip of the iceberg in my reinterpreting the facts to fit the single most optimistic reasoning for what has happened, even if what has happened is totally shit. 

It makes me appreciate Brendan even more for selflessly risking his reputation and career to ensure he followed the masterplan. 

This feels like whose line is it anyway, give me a subject, a location, and a dodgy prop. Hell possibly even like the A-team building a tank from fairy liquid bottles and a gallon of petrol. (or possibly some glitter and a steaming pile of turd, possibly a nice shade of lipstick and a hairy pig with festering sores) 

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Haha 2

Welcome Enzo. 

It's a bold but welcome move. Fresh start and a new approach. 

Although, in his interview he's mentioned something about giving 100% and winning games. Anyone any idea of this strange concept 🤔 

58 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Wow. Your deep ‘abyss’ appears to be entirely based on Enzo’s very brief hello video and because his English isn’t perfect?? He comes with a glowing reference from Pep Guardiola. His English is no worse than De Zerbi’s when he took over at Brighton. Rodgers used the English language perfectly but often what he said with made no sense or didn’t actually mean anything. 

Yes, fair enough. I must confess that I was in a very crowded train station, with lots of loud noises, at the time I posted that. It didn't sound as negative in my head as it came across. Everything you've said is right. I have my apprehensions, but there's no point in dwelling on them now.

I did think the interview should have been worked on a bit though!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I doubt he'll have input or even be aware. But I agree. The video has actually irritated me for some time. Prior to this season, I wanted new success. Continued success. Not a sepia tinted, maudlin look back on old glories

When compared to the players on the pitch, the video last season was kind of like the Speedboat being wheeled out at the end of Bullseye.

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

**** me. It's so simple yet it's so effective. I believe he means this as well. Somebody at the club with some standards, finally!

He is someone who NEEDS this to go well. If he fails here and the Parma performance he could very easily fall into the very good number 2 but never a number 1 category. 

That hunger combined with a genuine fear of failure means he will do absolutely everything to succeed. He just has to. I hope we are desperate for him to stay in 3 years when a massive club comes after him. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

If you haven't read it, read this whilst you can:
https://www.mancity.com/features/enzo-maresca/

“I always say that with Juventus, I learned to win.

“With Juventus first of all you have to win, so working there with them you understand how important it is.

“Juventus gives you a winning mentality, absolutely. I always say that when I joined I was very young but when I left Juventus I had a completely different mentality about winning a game.

“When you work there you understand that for them the priority is win, win, win and win.

This guy knows it's not just about setting up a team to play nice football, he knows first hand what the mentality and culture needs to be in order to win. That's why for me someone like this is even better than Graham Potter, who as good a tactician as he is, has not yet developed that sense of ruthlessness with a team yet. Maresca has done it with the Man City youngsters and helped with a team that just won the treble. The Man City establishment have nothing but good things to say about him.

I really like this appointment. McKenna of Ipswich was also impressive, but he's just signed an extension so not us, not Leeds, not Southampton, not a Premier League club is getting him yet. So let's all strap ourselves in for The Italian Job 2: On the Up

I hope you are right. It is quite a lot different to coach under Pep, with a team of extremely talented players and already with a winning mentality, compared to being a manager of a team that just got relegated with confidence shattered, weak mentality after years of Rodgerism, many first team members left, in a league that is hard and physical and unknown to him.  He also has very little managerial experience. He may be mentally strong, but can he motivate players who are not to become one instead of players who are already strong like they have at Man City.

This is a big challenge for him and also a big gamble for us.

I hope he is going to prove himself.

• Like 1