Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

Very impressed by this appointment it's the first right thing the board has done in the last two seasons. He comes from a club that has a winning mentality, he isn't coming here to piss about spending years in the championship, the clear aim will be get straight back to the premier this season winning the title too.

Exciting times ahead looking forward to the new season now :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bilo said:

It's not unreasonable to expect us to make at least a very strong push for instant promotion. It's the way of the world these days that at least one relegated side bounces straight back because of retained players, financial foundations and parachute payments.

Given Southampton haven't gotten Martin over the line and Leeds haven't been seriously linked with any candidate yet, it would suggest we're already steps ahead in our preparation. 

There was a point where he'd said something about the Parma reign that made me think.. I hope he's not a bluffer who talks in the buzzwords of today knowing it'll get him a pass. But there was an article I read where he seems to have exactly the kind of winning mentality you need. I think he's going to demand promotion of himself this season.

Mentality buys a lot of leeway with me if I see good reason that things will get better. Though it is going to be incredibly hard for anybody in our fanbase to accept dropping points to Hull and Rotherham.

• Like 1

Well that’s the way to PEP, things up a bit……innit.

So glad..not one of those so many forum-suggestions…

A pleasant suprise, a new wind & challenge & a winning mentality.

A sort of the quiet strongman choice..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

It would be a massive gamble to hire Graham Potter, Scott Parker, Dean Smith, Rafa Benitez or even the second coming of Nigel Pearson.

Some of these have experience taking relegated sides up at the first time of asking, but most of those clubs did not have a massive fire sale of their first team squads. They certainly lost a few players, but nowhere near the level of turnover we are experiencing.

Don't get me wrong, no one on here thinks this is a sure fire bet. It could very easily go wrong. But it's an exciting appointment and giving the job to someone with fresh thinking.

Not important what…”No one thinks on here”..not even “what everyone thinks”

Exactly the experience & nous we needed…

But old reigns are getting away with murder…thankfully nothing new boy has to worry about…

11 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Welcome my beautiful Italian. May we sh1thouse our way to 100 points with plenty of diving and timeswasting. May you flap your arms around incessantly, and get over emotional when the cameras are pointing at you.

Genuinely looking forward to the ride. Have no idea what we are getting here.

Well as long as he doesn't write obsessively in a little notepad looking like he's just had his wallet nicked, that'll do me.

Cautiously optimistic about this. My main issue is how boring and stale everything got under Rodgers and the lack of trying anything different. A lot of the names listed would have extended that feeling so at least this shows trying something different. As others have said, it will work or it will not.

The possible link with Man City to bring either some loans in or even purchases with buy backs (they seem to mix it up between operating this way or loans) is also a positive. Those saying they don’t want us to rely on loans and to buy our own squad ready to compete in the Prem are living in 2014. The league has changed and teams that have gone up in recent times are using the loan market wisely.

I like his apparent mentality and identifying the poor mentality in the club and wanting to bring standards back that have gone.

I do hope though that he is flexible in approach and not only of a plan A to be like Man City as they have far far superior players. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

There was a point where he'd said something about the Parma reign that made me think.. I hope he's not a bluffer who talks in the buzzwords of today knowing it'll get him a pass. But there was an article I read where he seems to have exactly the kind of winning mentality you need. I think he's going to demand promotion of himself this season.

Mentality buys a lot of leeway with me if I see good reason that things will get better. Though it is going to be incredibly hard for anybody in our fanbase to accept dropping points to Hull and Rotherham.

I think so as well.

He's coming from a club where second is a poor season even if they're playing great football and, crucially, where they respond very well to setbacks because they know that even the odd bad performance is a blip in the overall mission. He obviously had far better players to work with, but he's likely to have one of the most talented squads, if not the most talented, squad in the division here.

• Like 1

I know he will probably leave but wonder how this guy would handle a player like Barnes. He  applies himself to only small periods of the game and expects the rest of the team to make up for him

im not sure Barnes has it in him to apply himself throughout games 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Fvck me there’s some revisionism and fan fiction going on in this thread. lol

He’s an unknown package in this role and there’s nothing to prompt the daft level of over enthusiasm going on. Likewise, the appointment doesn’t suddenly grace the board with prescience and diligence . In the continuing absence of any proper communication from the club, itself enough to highlight their deep rooted incompetence, this is just the first piece in a large jigsaw and we’ve no idea if it’s in the right place at the moment.

The best I can offer is “Let’s hope this goes better than Parma.” Anything more than that presently is just self delusion.

I agree it’s a gamble and could well be a disaster.

But over the last season there hasn’t been much to be positive about. I think it’s easier to positive about an appointment like this than a “safe” appointment with someone like Parker.

The club have taken a risk here, but I for one hope it pays off.

The recruitment it going to decide how well he does to be fair.

• Like 2

I feel as if it’s the first thing we have had positive for a long time so I’m happy. 

Anything but Bristol City first game of the season at home. The last thing we need is the crowd chanting the opposition managers name and the other teams skippers name for the new manager and new players. 

starting to look forward to the season for the first time 

• Like 3