Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

How many players, who we know can be good looked shit under the previous manager. Sometimes players need a fresh start.

So true. And he might finally have a manager who plays him in the right position! He was superb vs. Wolves when Tielemans came off - KDH doing the pressing work allowed him to play his natural box to box game, rather than being stuck at defensive midfield where his lapses in concentration were costly. 

• Like 2

I actually quite like the Copacabana chant, whilst a bit dated and cheesy, I think it's one that could get the crowd on board. So, here's my two penneth and before those who suggest it, I won't be giving up my day job either.

His name is Enzo, Enzo Maresca

He loves his pizza and pasta,

A hard b*stard with passion and Italian fashion

At the KP

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Really hope is he can get our lads playing how he likes and definitely has the fans in mind when his teams step on the pitch, looking forward now to see how he can get us playing and hope he can get us out of this league at the first attempt !

Guillem really likes Enzo. Like really likes him. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I actually quite like the Copacabana chant, whilst a bit dated and cheesy, I think it's one that could get the crowd on board. So, here's my two penneth and before those who suggest it, I won't be giving up my day job either.

He loves his pizza and pasta,

A hard b*stard with passion and Italian fashion

At the KP

thank god for that. :D

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

A Soumare with good application/motivation would absolutely destroy the championship. 

This myth needs to be busted. A Soumare and Tielemans midfield was a massive factor in us going down. He’s pony and he’ll be worse in the Championship when he’s being bullied even more. 

He’s not a Yaya Toure regen, he’s barely any better than Junior Lewis. 

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Rudders studied his CV in detail.. 

14 games at Parma... Sacked. 

Hell!!.. Lets get him in because he looks like Pep and has a sexy name 😂

Just when we needed a Manager with experience and knowledge of how to get teams promoted from The Championship we decide to start playing Russian roulette. 

Scott Parker would have been a safer, more sensible appointment in my opinion but what has the club done in recent years thats been 'sensible'!! 

Listen, I hope this guy is a revelation and we become the Manchester City of the Championship... 

If he lasts 15 games at least he'll improve his CV. 

Too cynical imo.

I would have been happy with Smith.   As we go into next season, we might be the stand-out team in the Championship  but we might find ourselves in relegation fight.   We are in a mess, yet we have some good players.  For me, Smith would have taken the relegation battle out of the equation and he may have got us promoted. The same can probably be said of Parker.   Neither would have had me feeling particularly optimistic: familiar territory over the decades as a City fan.

However, Maresca offers excitement and hope.   If this comes off, we could move towards hitting the heights again.   This is a risky appointment - we might find ourselves near the bottom; we might find ourselves going for someone like Smith or Parker before the end of October.   But this appointment gives hope.  I am behind it because it is aspirational.    It seems to have ambition, the ambition we should have as recent champions and FA Cup winners.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
22 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I really hope we don't lumber him with Stowell and Sadler. Their time was up here years ago! Stowell has been stealing a living as goalkeeper coach, if he ever thought Danny Ward  was a pro standard goalkeeper, and if he didn't then he should have been making it clear to the club that Ward needed binning years ago, because he wasn't anywhere near good enough!

I agree. Now we’ve gone left field, in terms of the manager, we need to back that up with going the whole hog and getting rid of the Stowell’s of this world. Same with Rudkin.

If this is a new dawn for LCFC then do it properly and change the whole culture at the club. You’re right, Enzo backed up by Stowell and Sadler makes me think wtf?

In dancing terms, it’s like trying to combine the cha-cha-cha with the birdy song.

Edited by Col city fan

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I really hope we don't lumber him with Stowell and Sadler. Their time was up here years ago! Stowell has been stealing a living as goalkeeper coach, if he ever thought Danny Ward  was a pro standard goalkeeper, and if he didn't then he should have been making it clear to the club that Ward needed binning years ago, because he wasn't anywhere near good enough!

Completely agree with you, the backroom staff needs a complete refresh. 

• Like 2

Just now, sharpylcfc said:

Completely agree with you, the backroom staff needs a complete refresh. 

The only possible silver lining to being relegated is the chance of a complete refresh and to stop the rot and rebuild again. 

It's a fresh chapter, fresh start, new ideas, and an opportunity to rebuild a winning mentality. Let's hope we can manage to install that under Maresca.

He's had one brief period as a manager, and the stats aren't great.

But he so far seems to talk a good talk and he's mentored under one of the best current managers, and I'm cautiously optimistic he's going to, at the very least, reinstall a bit of passion in the team I love.

If we want to get back up quickly though, we must back him during the summer.

• Like 3

I know its Man City Academy but still a good achievement

Enzo Maresca revealed he is proud of his title-winning Elite Development Squad, following City's 4-1 victory over Tottenham Hotspur at the Academy Stadium.

City marked their Premier League 2 coronatation with a win thanks to goals from Tommy Doyle, Ben Knight, Liam Delap and James McAtee.

The victory also extended the City youngsters' unbeaten run to an impressive 17 games, and also ensured we remained unbeaten at home throughout the whole of the 2020/21 season.

enzo-trophy.jpg?width=1620

https://www.mancity.com/news/eds-academy/enzo-maresca-post-spurs-63755418