Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

7 hours ago, Daggers said:

Fvck me there’s some revisionism and fan fiction going on in this thread. lol

He’s an unknown package in this role and there’s nothing to prompt the daft level of over enthusiasm going on. Likewise, the appointment doesn’t suddenly grace the board with prescience and diligence . In the continuing absence of any proper communication from the club, itself enough to highlight their deep rooted incompetence, this is just the first piece in a large jigsaw and we’ve no idea if it’s in the right place at the moment.

The best I can offer is “Let’s hope this goes better than Parma.” Anything more than that presently is just self delusion.

I hear you, so much needs revitalising, the structure from recruitment to our physio's. If they don't change and improve it's never going to get us back anywhere. If he don't get the right tools to do the job and back office staff also don't change that winning mentally it's pointless. 

Out of all those choices, he's the least qualified which is slightly off-putting but it's a huge change that the club needs right now. For instance, Parker has got teams good teams promoted but sounds more like BR eveytime I hear other fans describe him, more of the same then. 

He is saying the right things, he's clearly a high energy manager, so we can only say that we perhaps needs thos type of character right now in order to revamp a culture that's be completely destroyed. But I hope the board give him the right tools. 

More concerned about what the fckin squad will look like come August. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

The only possible silver lining to being relegated is the chance of a complete refresh and to stop the rot and rebuild again. 

It's a fresh chapter, fresh start, new ideas, and an opportunity to rebuild a winning mentality. Let's hope we can manage to install that under Maresca.

He's had one brief period as a manager, and the stats aren't great.

But he so far seems to talk a good talk and he's mentored under one of the best current managers, and I'm cautiously optimistic he's going to, at the very least, reinstall a bit of passion in the team I love.

If we want to get back up quickly though, we must back him during the summer.

I think we'll back him and hopefully we'll bring in a couple of quality youngsters on loan from Man City too!

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I know its Man City Academy but still a good achievement

Enzo Maresca revealed he is proud of his title-winning Elite Development Squad, following City's 4-1 victory over Tottenham Hotspur at the Academy Stadium.

City marked their Premier League 2 coronatation with a win thanks to goals from Tommy Doyle, Ben Knight, Liam Delap and James McAtee.

The victory also extended the City youngsters' unbeaten run to an impressive 17 games, and also ensured we remained unbeaten at home throughout the whole of the 2020/21 season.

enzo-trophy.jpg?width=1620

https://www.mancity.com/news/eds-academy/enzo-maresca-post-spurs-63755418

17 games unbeaten and unbeaten at home all season ( I know its Man City youth but still, he's a born winner .. this could be such a good appointment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharpylcfc said:

I think we'll back him and hopefully we'll bring in a couple of quality youngsters on loan from Man City too!

Yes. Not happy about becoming a team used by City to help develop their young talent, but the flip side being they could prove useful to give us more first team options, giving us a stronger squad to cover injuries / rotation and add to competition for places.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Enzo Maresca revealed he is proud of his title-winning Elite Development Squad, following City's 4-1 victory over Tottenham Hotspur at the Academy Stadium.

City marked their Premier League 2 coronatation with a win thanks to goals from Tommy Doyle, Ben Knight, Liam Delap and James McAtee.

The victory also extended the City youngsters' unbeaten run to an impressive 17 games, and also ensured we remained unbeaten at home throughout the whole of the 2020/21 season.

No doubt he will have great knowledge of some good young players we could get in 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Yes. Not happy about becoming a team used by City to help develop their young talent, but the flip side being they could prove useful to give us more first team options, giving us a stronger squad to cover injuries / rotation and add to competition for places.

In the championship I have no qualms nor guilt. 

But, there are still PL teams who acquire players on loan. Conor Gallagher, Colwill, Dean Henderson etc. That for me, is shameful. For a start inter divisional loans shouldn't be allowed (conflict of interest etc) but worse, it's  Football cuckolding of the highest order. 

Fancy allowing yourselves to be cucked by one of the big six. 

• Like 1

This appointment is genius in my opinion. He must succeed here for his own sake, and I genuinely believe he will turn out to be a huge success. Parma was the learning curve, Leicester is where he implements everything he has learned. Got a feeling we are going to dominate the Championship under his leadership. This is the perfect job for a potential future elite level manager. He gives me Roberto Mancini vibes.

• Like 2

Slightly concerned of the ultra short pre season. 

It's generally accepted our fitness levels were sub standard last season. 

I was kinda hoping for a three week murder course of conditioning. I guess these wretched late internationals have kyboshed that. 

Edit, I guess conditioning will simply have to drag on through August and the first 5 or 6 games we build into that program 

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I get a feeling Maresca's appointment has been lined up since Rodgers left. He couldn't leave Man City while their season was still live, yet within less than a week of their CL victory he has become our manager. These things don't happen in a matter of days. Hopefully in that time our board have done their due diligence. It's a risk, given his inexperience in the hot seat itself, but he has pedigree and we can hope some of Pep's golden touch has rubbed off on Enzo 

Why were we faffing around with Jesse Marsch then? While dumb and dumber were given 2 games to relegate us.

The Club's handling was a shambles but can only hope they've learnt a painful lesson moving forward 

• Like 1

A brave decision. Only time will tell if it is genius or foolish.

We need a breath of fresh air though and I think he will give us that. He's worked under a manager who sets the highest of standards and requires a lot of his player however talented they are.

For me out attitude last season stank and our self belief and confidence pretty much totally evaporated. If he can restore some professional pride and an approach which is both determined and frankly more in keeping with a professional club then that will at least get us starting in the right direction.

It is slightly worrying just how many players need replacing but on the positive side of  this at least he will be able, hopefully and money permitting, to have a set of players who will contain a good number of new faces which will hopefully be his choices.

• Like 1

It’s a risk to give him the job but every appointment is a risk. I’ll back this guy to the hilt and hope that he can bring a fresh enthusiasm to the role and pass that onto the players. 
There’s no certainties but I’m pleased we’re at least trying to be imaginative and forward thinking than just resetting to the same model as all the other provincial promotion chasers. 
Time will tell but at least I have some hope again which is all I ask. 

To the tune of Delilah..... 

My my myyyyy maresca....

He's gonna get us up again

My my myyyy maresca....

He's gonna get us up again...

He walked through the door, when Rodgers couldnt win any more..... 

So my my maresca, make us win forever more..... 

27 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Patience will be the key, no matter what. Something of a scarce commodity these days. Although we showed uncanny patience to Rodgers

I think that was more to do with not being able to afford to get rid of him which i also think has been the problem for the whole club for a while.  We've been working to an unsustainable level regarding wages which was only ever going to increase.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

I didn't know he'd managed the u21s. This is an even better appointment. If he can develop our youth then we'll be able to finance ourselves again with the academy.

Temporarily fill our depleted squad with loans. See the expensive flops eventually leave. Develop the youth. Develop cheap transfers who learn in the Championship. Get back in the Prem with a decent squad and the ability to fund ourselves again with player sales.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, brookfox said:

Interesting to see what he can do with Soumare if he stays. He’s shown in rare patches there’s a player in there, it’s just a confidence/application thing. Maybe a more demanding manager can coax those glimpses of quality into 90min consistent performances.

I was hoodwinked by a good performance against Wolves.

Soumare doesn’t have the hunger/attitude that we need in a promotion push.

Plus I still can’t think of his best position who doesn’t offer defensive protection nor goals or assists, a no from me.

Also hopeful he’s one of the recent awful signings that we may get most of our money back on? 🤞🏻

34 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Not sure about his preferred formation.

Or indeed his maths....

image.png

At Parma he tried to play 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 but was forced to try more of a 3-4-1-2 due to the players he had.

Signings were scheduled for the coming January but he was sacked before. 

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

The club and fans need something to lift spirits and give cause for optimism. It doesn't take that much, for example how excited we got about the Tete signing. Maresca doesn't come with much baggage and might be just what we need. Could be the spark to get us going again, for a while at least. 

...I wonder what he would have made of Tete!!!

Playing one touch, two touch football suits him better than taking on defenders and going down the line into a dead end.

Pity our coaching staff could not instill that into the way he played.

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

I really hope we don't lumber him with Stowell and Sadler. Their time was up here years ago! Stowell has been stealing a living as goalkeeper coach, if he ever thought Danny Ward  was a pro standard goalkeeper, and if he didn't then he should have been making it clear to the club that Ward needed binning years ago, because he wasn't anywhere near good enough!

He didn’t sign him, he didn’t pick him FFS. 

• Like 3