Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I wonder what he would have made of Tete!!!

Playing one touch, two touch football suits him better than taking on defenders and going down the line into a dead end.

Pity our coaching staff could not instill that into the way he played.

The problem is that for a winger to succeed in a top league, they need more than just the ability to play one touch football.

Having zero pace/upper body strength would have made Tete so predictable to play against.

Was the same issue for Ghezzal and many more RW’s that we’ve tried over the years.

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

People going after Stowell is an odd one lol 

No really, it is more a case of removing any person involved in the abject failure over the past 18 months.  Teflon Jon excepted.  New Head Coach and fresh ideas is what is ideally required now.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

The problem is that for a winger to succeed in a top league, they need more than just the ability to play one touch football.

Having zero pace/upper body strength would have made Tete so predictable to play against.

Was the same issue for Ghezzal and many more RW’s that we’ve tried over the years.

There have been hardly any successful right wingers for us for sixty years. Mahrez, Sinclair and Riley are the only ones that come to mind. We just don't do them.

Quick note to all the moaners complaining about the lack of action from the board since Brendan's sacking.....neither of the other relegated teams have appointed a manager yet.

Just because the Club doesn't leak rumours, it doesn't mean nothing is happening!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

17 games unbeaten and unbeaten at home all season ( I know its Man City youth but still, he's a born winner .. this could be such a good appointment.

PL2 is a very competitive league, Chelsea were the top guns there for quite a while and look how good their youngsters tend to be; Abraham, Mount, Loftus-Cheek, Gallagher and more. Maybe not elite players but very good ones. Man City have now won it 3 times in a row, but Maresca was the first to do it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Quick note to all the moaners complaining about the lack of action from the board since Brendan's sacking.....neither of the other relegated teams have appointed a manager yet.

Just because the Club doesn't leak rumours, it doesn't mean nothing is happening!

...and what has made you wake up this morning and feel the need to defend the board?

9 hours ago, Daggers said:

Fvck me there’s some revisionism and fan fiction going on in this thread. lol

He’s an unknown package in this role and there’s nothing to prompt the daft level of over enthusiasm going on. Likewise, the appointment doesn’t suddenly grace the board with prescience and diligence . In the continuing absence of any proper communication from the club, itself enough to highlight their deep rooted incompetence, this is just the first piece in a large jigsaw and we’ve no idea if it’s in the right place at the moment.

The best I can offer is “Let’s hope this goes better than Parma.” Anything more than that presently is just self delusion.

Are you for real!?  Do you really think Pep, and the board at Man City would tolerate somebody incompetent in the second-most senior coaching role at the most successful club in Europe, (currently),  or that he's occupied that role without learning anything from his immediate superior?

Equally, it's not "deep rooted incompetence" by our Board to keep their cards close to their chest...it's good business practise.

Edited by PaulW
  • Like 1

Just now, PaulW said:

Are you for real!?  Do you really think Pep, and the board at Man City would tolerate somebody incompetent in the second-most senior role at the most successful club in Europe, (currently),  or that he's occupied that role without learning anything from his immediate superior?

Equally, it's not "deep rooted incompetence" by our Board to keep their cards close to their chest...it's good business practise.

If you've been following for a while you'll know the answer to this.  Daggers is not real, he is a figment of the darkest corners of our collective imagination.  

• Haha 2

I have gone from deep depression about our demise to sensible hope about the future. I love this club and will continue to support them home and away - just with a lighter heart now. This feels right - dunno why, but it does 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

People going after Stowell is an odd one lol 

Been at the club 20 years nearly can't think of any other coaches that stay at a club that long!

Edited by Tuna

3 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

He is Leicester manager right now, literally. Training begins on July 3rd.

Merc said he start date is July 3rd, that could just be when they mean training starts but also makes it sound like he’s not starting at all until then.

37 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

At Parma he tried to play 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 but was forced to try more of a 3-4-1-2 due to the players he had.

Signings were scheduled for the coming January but he was sacked before. 

That was the formation he used for Man City’s development team also, which supposedly he had full control over. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Merc said he start date is July 3rd, that could just be when they mean training starts but also makes it sound like he’s not starting at all until then.

That's just when the players return to Seagrave. I would imagine he will be working behind the scenes with the board on transfers until then.

3 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Are you for real!?  Do you really think Pep, and the board at Man City would tolerate somebody incompetent in the second-most senior coaching role at the most successful club in Europe, (currently),  or that he's occupied that role without learning anything from his immediate superior?

Dear Paul,

Have I called him incompetent? No. No I haven’t. 

Are you aware of the difference between being a coach and a manager? I suggest you go have a little look at all the examples of those who excel at one and fail at the other. 

Given his brief sojourn into management, there is nothing there to say he’ll be the roaring success some here seem to reckon is a banker just because he worked for the biggest sports-washing team in the world. 

And how tough do you think it is to coach the most expensive squad in the world compared to say an average Championship side?

Im not calling him incompetent - nor indeed predicting failure here - just that the over enthusiasm being expressed is a bit out of line with the evidence. 

I am absolutely calling our owners, the board and the senior management team at the club incompetent. I’m not going to list off all the reasons yet again, the evidence for this is stunningly overwhelming. 

Time and again, they are failing to learn from mistakes, refusing to accept responsibility and hiding. If that’s fine with you then great, it isn’t fine with me. If you’re good with just being “a customer”, you crack on - I’m not.