Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

Just a thought, but Guardiola is apparently a big admirer of Alex Scott at Bristol City.

What chance of Manchester City buying him and then loaning him to us as part of his development?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Trained him though.

And? Trained Kasper as well, he get the credit for him being at the top of his game when we won loads of cups and made loads of amazing saves. No, it gets put down to the player being good and not him. Works both ways. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I hope Enzo gets time here.

His track record working with young players speaks for itself, which gives the impression that we'll have quite a young squad by the time the transfer window closes.

It may also bode well for our top academy talents, like Braybrooke and Alves who could be trusted with first team action once they've overcome their injuries.

We could also see the Man City approach to our youth teams, with them starting to sync up with the first team a bit more in terms of playing style. Finally, we may start to see the standard of the academy suiting the facilities available at Seagrave.

All it will take is time and patience. And Maresca must actually prove to be good enough. It's a hell of a job he's taking on.

Within reason we don’t need to see results right away, we need to see that there’s a method to rebuild the club. This should be a project now aka Brighton, Brentford etc, not just to get us back into the Prem but to ensure that the Brendan type malaise never happens again at this club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

As the goalkeeper coach, and as a coach that worked with the goalkeepers mainly away from the rest of the group on a daily basis, i would expect him to have an input, and say, Look Brendan, ive worked with Danny Ward now for long enough, and can tell you he isnt of the required standard, and we should move him on.   Unless of course he thought that Ward was indeed up to the required standard, in which case he shouldnt be a goalkeeper coach, due to his total lack of judgement!

So basically, you are skating him about something you have absolutely ZERO knowledge of. The manager picks the team, not the goalkeeping coach.

We blaming Toure for isolating and not playing Soyuncu, or the Wally in total control. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Just a thought, but Guardiola is apparently a big admirer of Alex Scott at Bristol City.

What chance of Manchester City buying him and then loaning him to us as part of his development?

Alex Scott I think will be in high demand, but of we were able to get him one way or another, I would definitely think he'll be a good signing 

45 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It’s true, but he’s always been well respected by the goalkeepers and think or the amount of high profile managers we’ve had in and none have considered him a problem. Only need to take the praise Kasper had for him, he’s clearly very good at his job. However if you get given a tin of spam it’s hard to make a filet steak.

Kasper likes Stowell because Stowell gave him Carte blanche to do whatever he wanted. At Nice,  one of the issues they had with Kasper was his attitude to training, where he did what he wanted when he wanted.

6 hours ago, Dames said:

This myth needs to be busted. A Soumare and Tielemans midfield was a massive factor in us going down. He’s pony and he’ll be worse in the Championship when he’s being bullied even more. 

He’s not a Yaya Toure regen, he’s barely any better than Junior Lewis. 

...a bit of an over exaggeration there..!!!

Soumare has his faults and for a player operating in the heart of the team, those flaws should not exist. Yet he shows a good level of skill on the ball awareness and the ability to transition the play. He can also be innovative playing one touch football,  but his pairing in the double pivot was a recipe for a poor outcome, yet Smith continued to use the same formula.

Let's see how Maresca uses him, if he does not move on, he might be able to read Soumare better, and finds a way to effectively negate his weaknesses. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Whatever happens I can see us being a lot fitter and far harder working. Definitely some shithousery on the way, too.

Looking forward to watching us practice the darks arts a bit.

We've been far too nice, too passive, for too long. Influencing the ref to make decisions which can turn a loss into a draw or draw into a win a few times over the course of a season makes a massive difference and Man City are the experts- Enzo will be fluent in it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Alex Scott I think will be in high demand, but of we were able to get him one way or another, I would definitely think he'll be a good signing 

Definitely. 

A big ethical issue with clubs like Man City is that they can afford to buy players with potential just to stop rivals buying them, even if they have no intention of playing them immediately. As good as Scott could be, he isn't getting in ahead of De Bruyne, Foden or Grealish yet. 

They may well consider a buy-to-loan arrangement where Scott develops his game at a Championship club with a similar philosophy, a coach familiar with Manchester City's expectations and a side likely to be pushing for promotion to be a smart move.

6 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Looking forward to watching us practice the darks arts a bit.

We've been far too nice, too passive, for too long. Influencing the ref to make decisions which can turn a loss into a draw or draw into a win a few times over the course of a season makes a massive difference and Man City are the experts- Enzo will be fluent in it.

Yep.

I want us to play good football and win games, but I also want us to be horrible. If we have a talented squad playing pretty stuff in this division, the opposition will cotton on and counter it with cynicism and thuggery. If we're a pack of nasty bastards when that happens, then that's fine by me.

We won't be popular, but winning teams never are.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So basically, you are skating him about something you have absolutely ZERO knowledge of. The manager picks the team, not the goalkeeping coach.

We blaming Toure for isolating and not playing Soyuncu, or the Wally in total control. 

Lets put it this way, if a goalkeeper coach, believes that a keeper he is coaching is not of the required standard, then he should be making it known as soon as he has formed that opinion to the manager.

That will be part of his remit, to keep the manager informed of the form and abilty of the keepers he is coaching.

So if has done that, and said to Rodgers that Ward is Shite and needs binning, then fair play, its all on Rodgers, if he didnt, then Stowell is culpable by not telling it like it is.

41 minutes ago, Vazman said:

All of that just too say your not sure, and let's see how it pans out.

No, I'm trying to actually give some reasoning to my opinion, instead of just flatly saying something which seems to be based on either blind optimism or blind negativity. Far too many opinions are just being spouted without any substance behind them, occasionally backed-up by facts which are wildly out of context. If the only three positions on offer are 'like', 'don't like' or 'don't know' then we may as well do a quick poll and log off Foxestalk until we either fire him or complete football.

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...a bit of an over exaggeration there..!!!

Soumare has his faults and for a player operating in the heart of the team, those flaws should nit exist. Yet he shows a good level of skill on the ball awareness and the ability to transition the play. He can also be innovative playing one touch football,  but his pairing in the double pivot was a recipe for a poor outcome, yet Smith continued to use the same formula.

Let's see how Maresca uses him, if he does not move on, he might be able to read Soumare better, and finds a way to effectively negate his weaknesses. 

I actually thought soumare was beginning to look alright, thought it was tielemens was the problem. He looked to me like an old fashioned centre of the field midfielder, that was neither defensive or attacking outright, but capable on both. He's strong on the ball, but slow sometimes in decision making, but seemed to improve to me. He would put in sprints to close space, certainly more than Youri imo, it seems for some reason he's had a torid time here, but after Rodgers left, he looked to be giving it a go, I've no idea why his time here has been troubled, I think there's a player there, but not what Rodgers was expecting

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Yep.

I want us to play good football and win games, but I also want us to be horrible. If we have a talented squad playing pretty stuff in this division, the opposition will cotton on and counter it with cynicism and thuggery. If we're a pack of nasty bastards when that happens, then that's fine by me.

We won't be popular, but winning teams never are.

We'd have stayed up if we were a bit more streetwise last season, regardless of how dreadful we were.

5 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

No, I'm trying to actually give some reasoning to my opinion, instead of just flatly saying something which seems to be based on either blind optimism or blind negativity. Far too many opinions are just being spouted without any substance behind them, occasionally backed-up by facts which are wildly out of context. If the only three positions on offer are 'like', 'don't like' or 'don't know' then we may as well do a quick poll and log off Foxestalk until we either fire him or complete football.

I think everyone wants a bit of positivity to be honest, you would like to think having worked with Pep he will have learned a thing or 2, which is purely what I'm basing my positive spin on, I dont know the guy or have any knowledge about him, so am definitely in the let's see what he can do bracket.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Kasper likes Stowell because Stowell gave him Carte blanche to do whatever he wanted. At Nice,  one of the issues they had with Kasper was his attitude to training, where he did what he wanted when he wanted.

And considering Kasper is objectively the most successful keeper in our history I’d probably argue this approach was completely correct.

56 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Within reason we don’t need to see results right away, we need to see that there’s a method to rebuild the club. This should be a project now aka Brighton, Brentford etc, not just to get us back into the Prem but to ensure that the Brendan type malaise never happens again at this club. 

I get you but that just won't wash. 

I like to think of myself as a balanced and thinking supporter..and even I want wins over projects. .I love winning. It's addictive. Most of our fans don't come into the thoughtful category tho.  Most are absolute lobotomy cases....they DEFINITELY need wins. Any old how will do. 

Play any manager needs wins to win over players and staff. 

The club and the team needs to come out swinging. Position ourselves as fitter, faster, stronger ...let the championship taste what it's like to be elite. Hard work, hard running, high strength, high skills = the high life.  I think we need that swagger. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

Or encourage you to do better in training to get picked. Ward needs to be moved on, any amount of money offered should be taken.

What are you on about lol, the keeper position is the most locked in position on the training pitch, especially when he was trying to displace a club legend, him saving 1 on 1s in training isn’t going to get him to displace Kasper. Ward was never at that level to displace him and he never had a loan move, it was natural that if he had the potential it wasn’t going to be fulfilled spending 4 years on the sidelines but getting to play in carabao cup games. Putting this on Stowell is just bizarre mental gymnastics to me, if you’re agreeing that ward should be moved on then you’re surely conceding he’s a busted flush and even with a new goalkeeping coach he’s not worth retaining despite being at a lower level next season.

• Haha 1