Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

12 minutes ago, jerry said:

Believe the squad we are going to be left with is very average even by championship standards. Not optimistic until I see who is going to come in.

It won’t be that bad. We can’t let everyone go, because it will be impossible to rebuild the squad…. So I actually expect a fair few players to stay. I think the only players that are definitely going are;

Ward

Barnes

Maddison

Ndidi 

Soumare 

Praet.

Everyone else is a maybe for me. 

2 hours ago, inckley fox said:

You know, you could well be right. Maybe it is time for a totally fresh start. I'm just not sure that we need to point the finger at people who've had very hands-on roles in our success, while Top and his cronies blithely go on, assured of their Midas touch, designing their own statues and generally repeating the same mistakes they've been making for ages.

Back to Maresca, though, and I'll be fully behind him. I have my doubts because very, very few promoted managers have as little experience as him. Many relegated managers do. And assistants who become successful more often than not gain internal promotions, and fail when they're exported. And it smacks of further cost-cutting by an ownership in which I've lost all faith; and it also suggests confidence that their convictions haven't been shaken at all.

But that doesn't change the fact that he may well, in spite of everything, be the right man. And needs our full support. Stowell too, if he remains!

I've never done anything but support anyone who's here when they are here, until it became genuinely untenable. That's happened twice, with Peter Taylor and Brendan. Apart from that i don't see how it's productive to be anything less than supportive. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It won’t be that bad. We can’t let everyone go, because it will be impossible to rebuild the squad…. So I actually expect a fair few players to stay. I think the only players that are definitely going are;

Ward

Barnes

Maddison

Ndidi 

Soumare 

Praet.

Everyone else is a maybe for me. 

I’m not sure if we can manage to move Ward on even if we offered him for free with a free bag of crisps 

56 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Iversen- POTY at Preston on loan last time he played in this division.

Justin - Outstanding for Luton.

KDH - Proven Premier League performer now and worshipped at Luton.

Souttar - One of the best CBs in the league at Stoke.

Those are just the players who are likely to stay and have EFL experience. Keep one of Nacho or Daka as well as Kristiansen, Faes, Thomas, Soumaré and Ricardo and that's some way from a very average Championship squad.

Plus if Vardy stays he will bag for fun

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I'm not convinced by that sadly , I hope we dont go into the season with Vardy as anything but an impact sub  if he's still with us at all. 

I thought Vardy was done last season but in the last 5 or 6 games he showed he still has it - especially at this level.

We will have a good squad for the Championship.   Playoffs is a minimum next season.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, inckley fox said:

What are you basing that on?! And it wouldn't really be in the goalkeeping coach's remit to let a player do what he wants. That'd be from higher up. Stowell was a valued cog in our set-up in the most successful period in our history. Why is it that letting, say, Rennie go was an aberration and considered symbolic of us losing our identity after so many years of service and success, but getting rid of Stowell is the right thing to do? It just seems to be based on people's imagination.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kasper-schmeichel-nice-transfers-leicester-30044264

As per the article: "kasper manages himself and runs his own training, as he did at Leicester. " Sounds like Stowell's a glorified ball boy letting kasper do what he wants. Which is a good thing, because his input has produced a dire Ward and an average Iverson. 

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. you see top tennis players take their coach around with them, athletes take their coaches with them when going to major championships!!!

Yes these well seasoned pros knows their job, but the coach is there to drive them, spot bad characteristics creeping into their games and addresses the issues.

Ok, so what did Stowel do to earn his year-long money then?

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I think them 12th and 9th finishes highlighted how utterly horrendous you need to be to be near the bottom or relegated. We were abysmal at times in them seasons and still finished half way up the league. 

As i said - the difference between those years to last year was that vardy was still good and kasper kept our dreadful defence from having as big a GA than this season.  For all the hate that BR gets, the difference from before him to those first years is massive.  Though it has to be noted that the also much hated Puel set the wheels in motion, BR came in and fixed the gearbox.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

Iversen- POTY at Preston on loan last time he played in this division.

Justin - Outstanding for Luton.

KDH - Proven Premier League performer now and worshipped at Luton.

Souttar - One of the best CBs in the league at Stoke.

Those are just the players who are likely to stay and have EFL experience. Keep one of Nacho or Daka as well as Kristiansen, Faes, Thomas, Soumaré and Ricardo and that's some way from a very average Championship squad.

Pretty much agree - keep iverson, Justin , Ricardo ,  souttar, kdh , vardy , ihenacho and the 2 left backs-  bring back choduray and albrighton for squad - get rid of all the  rest of those muppets - and we build again 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Like it or not we need to be in and around the top 6 from the word go. Anything less and fans will be all over him. Hopefully we can play nice football but it has to get results. Anyone that says they will give him time if we are playing good football is lying.

Yes I want to use his contacts wisely but we need to be looking at building our squad for the Premier league, signing players on permanent contracts that can grow with the team. Not just loan signings. 

Whilst i concede that a lot of our fan base has become very entitled and expect us to be in europe every year, my understanding of the stadium fans is that it takes much longer for them to get a bit upset, certainly the real venom towards BR didn't kick in until after the world cup.

Hopefully, the humbling of being relegated, combined with how poor we were to watch last season will be conducive to patience - as long as there is a distinct improvement in effort and entertainment, and less catastrophic defending, then i think anything top half should be tolerated....

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Has anyone got the microscope out to read what it says on his contract yet? 

all i can see is ‘thou shall not question JR’ 

Hopefully he'll get rid of those shite motivational posters Rodgers left behind.