Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

It won’t be that bad. We can’t let everyone go, because it will be impossible to rebuild the squad…. So I actually expect a fair few players to stay. I think the only players that are definitely going are;

Ward

Barnes

Maddison

Ndidi 

Soumare 

Praet.

Everyone else is a maybe for me. 

Keep Barnes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

That's my point really. The facilities there are incredible but with Maresca, there is the possibility that we'll see them being used in a way that brings the standard of the academy up to meet the standard of the facilities.

The academy will be very different this year. Last year we had a bloated first team and were able to loan out a good number of players from the academy, this year we'll need to perhaps dig into some of the academy squad, and probably won't be seen by the lower leagues as an attractive 'lending' club anymore.

3 hours ago, MPH said:

so I’d be interested to know… did he apply for the job or did we approach him?

I don’t suppose it matters but I did hear he interviewed brilliantly…

Apparently he was put forward by an agent - i forget his name, but the same agent vardy has.

5 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Hopefully he'll get rid of those shite motivational posters Rodgers left behind.

It looks to me like that's his own personal office, there have been zero shots of him at the training ground nor at the stadium. It's all that one office where there seem to be personal/family photos too.

3 hours ago, inckley fox said:

I hope there's that sort of patience. 1-3 year projects tend to reap greater long-term dividends than short-termism. A mid-table finish this year might not be as awful as we think, if the signs are there of something which can grow. If it's all quick-fix stuff - loanees left and right, veteran signings etc. - then there'll rightly be pressure for things to work out in a timely fashion. And I suppose that a manager with less obvious pedigree will be questioned sooner than one who has been there, done that, and so on. Wrongly, perhaps - and I suspect that many of these people who are ecstatic with the appointment because they think it can lead us to a quick revival would be turning on him, if it got off to a shaky start, long before me - but that's also inevitable.

The club's philosophy from day one was to build over a period of time - no one expected our success to happen so quickly, which is probably why we (combined with the rules on salaries) messed it up - i'm confident that the same approach will still apply.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sm1 said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/kasper-schmeichel-nice-transfers-leicester-30044264

As per the article: "kasper manages himself and runs his own training, as he did at Leicester. " Sounds like Stowell's a glorified ball boy letting kasper do what he wants. Which is a good thing, because his input has produced a dire Ward and an average Iverson. 

Hold on, that's specifically about his time at Nice, and explicitly states that this is the opposite of what he did at Leicester! That's the exact opposite of what you're saying. You conveniently miss out the bit where he says '..and doesn't join in with his team-mates, as he did at Leicester.' And it's only a journalist's opinion. For the Mirror. But if it does prove anything, it's the opposite of what you're proposing.

Edited by inckley fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jerry said:

Believe the squad we are going to be left with is very average even by championship standards. Not optimistic until I see who is going to come in.

Harsh to judge the remaining players - many of them were inexperienced and everyone was subject to the clearly awful atmosphere that surrounded the club.  The EFL is tough but it's a distance behind the PL in terms of player quality, the players we have should, if brough up to 100%, be more than capable of competing at this level, certainly some distance above average.

4 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Hold on, that's specifically about his time at Nice, and explicitly states that this is the opposite of what he did at Leicester! That's the exact opposite of what you're saying. You conveniently miss out the bit where he says '..and doesn't join in with his team-mates, as he did at Leicester.' And it's only a journalist's opinion. For the Mirror. But if it does prove anything, it's the opposite of what you're proposing.

? It’s saying that he runs his own training, as he did at Leicester.  That means just like he did in Leicester..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

Any confirmation who his staff will be?

will Sadler and Stowell be kept on ?

I fu**ing hope not. Those two twats have been on the payroll for years. What sort of salary were they drawing??

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Whilst i concede that a lot of our fan base has become very entitled and expect us to be in europe every year, my understanding of the stadium fans is that it takes much longer for them to get a bit upset, certainly the real venom towards BR didn't kick in until after the world cup.

Hopefully, the humbling of being relegated, combined with how poor we were to watch last season will be conducive to patience - as long as there is a distinct improvement in effort and entertainment, and less catastrophic defending, then i think anything top half should be tolerated....

...no one expects us to be in Europe every year, we aspire to be in that situation as a means of progression!!!

Everyone should aim for better, not doing so only leads to an acceptance of less than you can give, which means you sell yourself short. I want us to strive for the top 6, we may never get there again, but we do not sell ourselves short forever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

? It’s saying that he runs his own training, as he did at Leicester.  That means just like he did in Leicester..

'The ex-Foxes keeper prefers to manage himself and run his own training sessions, rather than join in with the rest of the squad, as he did at Leicester.' Is that accurate?

I don't know, I read that as him joining in with the squad at Leicester, but not with Nice. Maybe the comma is important. It's still only a journalist's best guess, either way, for the Mirror. And if he managed his own regime, Stowell would still have been involved in it. Even if that, for whatever reason, weren't the case come 2022, Stowell almost certainly was leading sessions from 2011-2016 when Kasper was truly developing into one of the world's best.

People really are stretching to justify their irrational disdain for Stowell. Plucking out ambiguously-worded articles about why he's struggling to bed in at Nice as evidence for Stowell being an inept coach for Leicester has to be the flimsiest argument yet.

33 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

The academy will be very different this year. Last year we had a bloated first team and were able to loan out a good number of players from the academy, this year we'll need to perhaps dig into some of the academy squad, and probably won't be seen by the lower leagues as an attractive 'lending' club anymore.

...we sent the players out on loan to comply with regulations and the change to U21s as opposed to U23s!!!

The age group became more appropriate and as we were so poorly coached we struggled in the league (PL2). Even the teams which carried a lower average age team were better than us in most departments.

Maresca's approach to the manager who will lead the U21s, should be interesting. Petty still being in place, would either be because Maresca is too enveloped in the first team rebuilding or he has Maresca's backing, I feel it will be the former. 

3 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

The club's philosophy from day one was to build over a period of time - no one expected our success to happen so quickly, which is probably why we (combined with the rules on salaries) messed it up - i'm confident that the same approach will still apply.

Winning the Premier initiated a chaotic response to the way the squad should have been developed and supplemented. I guess losing Kanté and Mahrez, particularly in the case of the former, left holes which could never be filled.

Losing Pearson didn't hinder what had become a proper team - chiefly because Ranieri had the personality to maintain their cohesiveness, but Kanté was such a vital cog that I suspect his absence threw the balance off.

Recruiting became hit-and-miss yet when do three players like Vardy, Kanté and Mahrez turn up at any club like they did. By the time Rodgers arrived the squad had the makings of an upper top-half outfit. He dined well off of the Cup success, but lacked the ability to spot where players were needed. And lacked in so many other facets.

Now the nail-biting is over and as long as the squad doesn't get decimated, maybe Maresca, coming from such an exalted club and manager combo, has the ability and nouse to create a fresh dynamic amongst a revamped squad. I'm pleased they didn't hire one of the usual merry-go-round managers. I wonder what Gary thinks about Maresca 's appointment.

• Like 2