Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

10 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Will be joined by ex City U23 Coach Danny Walker.  Currently U23 Coach at Peterborough.   

Very well respected.

The Mercury picked him out, as one of 4 possible Coaches to join, but mainly for his work at the Etihad as Enzo's Development Squad Assistant. They said he was at Posh now, but when you say, "ex City", do you mean 'ex Man City' or us?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

The Mercury picked him out, as one of 4 possible Coaches to join, but mainly for his work at the Etihad as Enzo's Development Squad Assistant. They said he was at Posh now, but when you say, "ex City", do you mean 'ex Man City' or us?

Oh god, not this again lol 

It's probably a generational thing, but I imagine for most who have grown up with the 'Premier League era' the Manchester clubs are United and City and that's the easiest way to refer to them. 

I'll be honest i've never walked around saying 'just off to the city game' when coming to a Leicester game, so no idea why so many get so hung up on it.

• Like 2

W

27 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

23 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It's probably a generational thing, but I imagine for most who have grown up with the 'Premier League era' the Manchester clubs are United and City and that's the easiest way to refer to them. 

I'll be honest i've never walked around saying 'just off to the city game' when coming to a Leicester game, so no idea why so many get so hung up on it.

When I asked 'ex Man City' or us, I wasn't banging on about use of the word 'City', just genuinely wanted to know if he used to be one of our U23 Coaches - I didn't know!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

W

When I asked 'ex Man City' or us, I wasn't banging on about use of the word 'City', just genuinely wanted to know if he used to be one of our U23 Coaches - I didn't know!

Yeah apologies I should have put 'not aimed at you' lol, it's come up a lot recently

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Man City.  Apologies, I am not a Leicester 'City' fan.  

Danny plus 2 others coming in. One definitely Italian.

Thanks, that's helpful. Be interested to know your source(s)! Also, again out of interest, if not a Foxes fan (who do you follow?), I'd like to know your take on EM coming to us?

Edited by bald reynard
  • Like 1

Just now, PAPA LAZAROU said:

you must be on your own mate because everyone I know or have ever known always says "going to watch the city " or" going down the city match " never mentioning the name Leicester at all. If you live here it's a given you mean Leicester City and no one else. Thats not a hang up it's the truth.

That's fair enough, I am probably out of that circle, not lived in 'the city' for quite a while but am obviously still a fan, perhaps detached from the tribal elements slightly.

• Like 1

I'm so intrigued to see what happens in the coming weeks. It feels like now we have a manager appointed and the transfer window is open we will start to see movement in terms of the playing squad. 

I know it's not much but Maresca has said a lot of the right things. I like that he has said that the players need to change their mentality and he has mentioned how high the demands will be and has had illuded to us being a club that should be in the premier league.  Seems like there will be a big change in culture. That is probably more important than the inevitable change in playing style.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

probably the same people who have an aneurism if you say 'soccer' - even though it was perfectly fine to do so before 1994

Just imagine if we were still waiting for an announcement, the new manager thread hitting 500 posts - what a nightmare! - must be awful being a leeds fan right now.

49 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

you must be on your own mate because everyone I know or have ever known always says "going to watch the city " or" going down the city match " never mentioning the name Leicester at all. If you live here it's a given you mean Leicester City and no one else. Thats not a hang up it's the truth.

Nah I'm the same. My grandad used to call us the city. I've always referred to Man City as City and im early 30s.

Im sure its more a generational thing.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

the Manchester clubs are United and City and that's the easiest way to refer to them

So it's just down to laziness then. Putting 'Man' in front is just too much effort?

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

i've never walked around saying 'just off to the city game'

Assuming you've been to Leicester, you must surely have noticed that referring to 'the City' is very common?

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

no idea why so many get so hung up on it

Because it's wrong, plain and simple!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

So it's just down to laziness then. Putting 'Man' in front is just too much effort?

Assuming you've been to Leicester, you must surely have noticed that referring to 'the City' is very common?

chill phil :amartey:

As far as the City thing goes, the arrogance of the media deciding Man City are "City" isn't just an us thing. I'm sure fans in Hull, Birmingham, Bristol, York, Lincoln, Coventry, Bradford, Norwich and other places besides those off the top of my head similarly roll their eyes when pundits do it, especially when playing them!

Even Manchester has two clubs with City in their name now Salford are in the football league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm so intrigued to see what happens in the coming weeks. It feels like now we have a manager appointed and the transfer window is open we will start to see movement in terms of the playing squad. 

I know it's not much but Maresca has said a lot of the right things. I like that he has said that the players need to change their mentality and he has mentioned how high the demands will be and has had illuded to us being a club that should be in the premier league.  Seems like there will be a big change in culture. That is probably more important than the inevitable change in playing style.  

So does this mean the pool table is coming or going?

53 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

You okay mate? lol 

id love to know if all the other teams with City in their name feel the same.