Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

On 17/06/2023 at 14:58, sacreblueits442 said:

.. you see top tennis players take their coach around with them, athletes take their coaches with them when going to major championships!!!

Yes these well seasoned pros knows their job, but the coach is there to drive them, spot bad characteristics creeping into their games and addresses the issues.

Right so that doesn't explain Stowell then does it? because he never rid Kasper of his appalling distribution problem and Iverson seems just as bad at it. Don't even mention Ward, how on earth a goalkeeping coach coached that cuckoo no one will ever know. Wasted money and a crap coach all around I say.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Haha 1

Out of curiosity why does everyone want Sadler out?

I can understand Stowell as the development of the weaknesses from our keepers has been poor. For example Kasper never got better with his aerial presence and his technical ability went downhill. But Sadler I find strange are we basing it off those 2 poor results? I’m not saying I want him here but at the same time I’m not aware of the work he’s done or how influential he is.

• Like 1

Just now, Ted Maul said:

100% off those two games. Baffling that they'd set us up in the exact same way which saw us sleepwalk into the abyss.

But you could argue that individual training compared to setting up tactics are two completely separate things. He’s a coach and isn’t employed in any form of management.

Look at Enzo for example, he could absolutely flop with us, does that then make him a bad coach when we already know he’s an amazing coach?

Also for thought, do the club keep Stowell and Sadler to avoid cost of sacking and replacing a full coaching team. IF the club do allow Enzo the opportunity to have a complete blank canvas to work with (which I doubt they will) that’s a serious commitment to a manager.

Just for the record I would like a full refresh including replacing Sadler and Stowell just playing devils advocate.

29 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

But you could argue that individual training compared to setting up tactics are two completely separate things. He’s a coach and isn’t employed in any form of management.

Look at Enzo for example, he could absolutely flop with us, does that then make him a bad coach when we already know he’s an amazing coach?

Also for thought, do the club keep Stowell and Sadler to avoid cost of sacking and replacing a full coaching team. IF the club do allow Enzo the opportunity to have a complete blank canvas to work with (which I doubt they will) that’s a serious commitment to a manager.

Just for the record I would like a full refresh including replacing Sadler and Stowell just playing devils advocate.

I just couldn't get my head around them not at least trying to make changes to correct the issues that they had seen first-hand all season. 

Agree that it would be a risk to completely clear out the back room staff but I think we've got to the point where it's necessary. We've been complacent and a rot has set in- new ideas and fresh perspectives required from top to bottom.

• Like 2

On 19/06/2023 at 09:13, The Doctor said:

Yea, the match going fans were the ones who were stealing banners and spitting on women for voicing any criticism of Brendan. I'm not saying that fans are supposed to audit performances, but physically attacking other fans because you disagree with their opinion deserves snarky criticisms as a bare minimum 

That's not going to be the behaviour of the great majority of match attending fans and you didn't include that aspect in the post I picked up on.

Whenever fanatics gather together there's always going to be a reinforcement of opinion which wouldn't manifest in normal society.

Two opposing factions in close proximity, the situation fanned by the probability of relegation, is going to be a  potential tinderbox.

The last time I got to go to the KP in 2019 it was situation normal. But you still get nutters who appear to feel a football ground is the appropriate venue to act out their abnormal behaviour.

I suspect they're not there to watch their favourite team play football, but to release internal discord they can't in shopping centres.

In a sense, this is down to a level of irresponsibility in allowing a rudderless ship to go on drifting towards the rocks. Top and co. should be (should have been) aware that their inaction and indecision have/had negative effects beyond their pampered and comfortable circle. Football grounds will never be polite and sedate tea rooms but people should feel safe. In contrast, the only time I attended Welford Road to watch the Tigers, the behaviour was impeccable. One spectator got a little irate and mouthed off a bit and was politely asked to rein himself in - which he did, apologetically.

When people can't control their behaviour, whatever the provocation they feel, then they should be limited, in some way, from expressing that behavior.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Joe90lcfc said:

I personally think it’s where you are from to how you refer Leicester or city, I find if you live in Leicester  or the surrounding estates or towns, (around 5 mile radius) wigston, braunstone, narborough, glenfeild etc  you say city, if you are not from Leicester and more Leicestershire you say Leicester,  

It was always said (apocryphally perhaps) that the 'real' supporters were the county people. I grew up near Co'ville and me and me mates always referred to the club and team as 'City'. This was well afore Manchester City were the property of a remote city state on the Saudi Peninsula and media luvvies were hitching their careers to the practice of glorifying 'elite' clubs by their relative worth rather than the football they played.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I can understand Stowell as the development of the weaknesses from our keepers has been poor. For example Kasper never got better with his aerial presence and his technical ability went downhill. But Sadler I find strange are we basing it off those 2 poor results? I’m not saying I want him here but at the same time I’m not aware of the work he’s done or how influential he is.

Did you not see the abomination that was those line ups, in the interim? they have been at the club for YEARS, know the club up and down and yet dont know how to play the a tried and tested formation, that the players know, BUT no they decided to try something magically horrific.

12 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Have you considered that might be be to do with he's actually small for a top level keeper? Or that his ability went downhill as he got older. 

This Sadler and Stowell stuff is utter bloody lunacy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They aren't anywhere close to being first team managers, they got promoted above their station for a couple of games. Judging them on something that's not actually their day to day job is a bit off, imagine that in your own workplace. 

Boss: "Hi Ted, could you paint that wall"

Ted: "I'm not a painter"

Boss: "Give it a go anyway, no pressure"

Ted: "I've finished"

Boss: "You're sacked on the basis of your poor painting"

Ted: "But I'm an accountant?"

Boss: "Tough, I've seen enough of your painting ability to know you can't do my books". 

All they had to do was paint the wall better than the previous person.

In our case, to expand on your analogy - that previous person had no arms and was blind.

9 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

In our case, to expand on your analogy - that previous person had no arms and was blind.

The previous person was one of the highest paid managers in the league with years of experience managing top tier sides. Sadler admitted before the Villa game that they only had time for one training session with the team.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Yeah it was so easy to do, and I'm glad we escaped relegation under Smith... oh. 

58 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

I like the analogy. If all of football management were a matter of who had the finest wall, most dazzlingly painted, then I'd say Pearson was the chap who knocked up a giant, impenetrable wall. A bit inexpertly decorated, but immense. Ranieri then touched it up, painted it in staggeringly beautiful colours, and gave us the most glorious wall in the land.

Beyond that, he couldn't really keep up with the cracks that kept appearing, such was the vastness of the wall. And he certainly couldn't add to it. So in came a chap who could at least keep it in check for a few months, followed by another who was handy with bricks and mortar, but forgot his paint bucket.

And then there was Rodgers. He said he could not only keep the wall up and paint it in startling colours, but also add to it. The problem was that he was right about the startling colours - and they were indeed magnificent - but lied about everything else. And when the startling colours ran out he discovered that he didn't even know where to go and buy them, and gave up on the whole thing.

Which meant that, a few years later, the wall was crumbling everywhere. With a fierce storm an hour away, the decision was taken to give full responsibility for the wall to the kind old lady who'd spent years gamely sweeping away the builders' rubble and popping it down the bin. Naturally she couldn't bolster the wall in an hour, and neither could the builder that they rushed in two minutes before the wind picked up and battered the whole thing down.

So you could blame the chancer who'd said he could turn that unexpectedly amazing wall into something even finer. You could blame the owners of the wall who, having got lucky with a couple of builders who'd gone way above and beyond what they'd paid them to do, started to imagine that the wall would look after itself. You could even, at a stretch, blame the guy who couldn't quite get his tools out of the van in time. But that kind old lady with the dustpan? Come on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

They aren't anywhere close to being first team managers, they got promoted above their station for a couple of games. Judging them on something that's not actually their day to day job is a bit off, imagine that in your own workplace. 

Boss: "Tough, I've seen enough of your painting ability to know you can't do my books". 

To be fair, those judgments would be valid if I started painting it with a sweeping brush.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Really weird one. I don't get it

Bournemouth fans came on after last game of the season saying they hoped this might happen. Said we had no chance of staying up by relying on the because they were dogshit last game of the season with poor general form at the end of the season. 

Not fact checking them. I trust their view in the same way I am livid that the general consensus about us is so different to what us match going fans see. 

IMO it's the kind of decisiveness we wanted and hope can still come (whilst obviously giving mares a the time he deserves. Not sure about the replacement though. As far as unknowns go, I think ours is more exciting. 

13 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

100% off those two games. Baffling that they'd set us up in the exact same way which saw us sleepwalk into the abyss.

I feel a bit sorry for them in those games because they looked like Deers in Headlights. It was a reckless decision from the club to put two coaches who clearly didn't want anything to do with leading a team in charge when every point mattered. Some people just aren't wired to be the main men and it showed.

However, if there was ever a time to perform a sweeping refresh of the club, now's the time to do it.

• Like 1

Yeah it was so easy to do, and I'm glad we escaped relegation under Smith... oh. 

If Smith was in charge for the Villa and Bournemouth games, I don't think it's much of a reach to suggest we'd have taken at least 2 points combined out of those matches and stayed up.

New manager bounce, home crowd etc.

I think those 2 games killed us, looking back.

Edited by Fosse93
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

However, if there was ever a time to perform a sweeping refresh of the club, now's the time to do it.

Or we just leave the manager with that decision after he's seen them work. Plenty of managers, some of the most successful in our history haven't decided to get rid. 

12 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

If Smith was in charge for the Villa and Bournemouth games, I don't think it's much of a reach to suggest we'd have taken at least 2 points combined out of those matches and stayed up.

New manager bounce, home crowd etc.

I think those 2 games killed us, looking back.

...not going to say they killed us, there were other opportunities to gain points but we were poor!!!

We lost twice to Southampton, pretty much an admission that this team was demoralised and without substance.

• Like 1

If you can piss you can paint Teds had a nightmare 

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Haha 1