Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

32 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

A few things I like about this video.

1. Top is there. After his **** ups, the fact he now seems to be at the forefront of everything suggests he is actually taking an active role in the club - we needed that. At least to act as a check on Rudkin. It’s a shame that it took this to wake him up.

2 Enzo’s look around the dressing room was like “not one of the players in the club deserves something like this” and I think he’s the man to tell them.

3. Enzo’s outfit 😍.

4. Justin is our RB next year 😀

"This area is for the First Team." "All of that side is for the "First Team."

"No, those pitches are for the Academy."

Love the idea of having one entity as a club, with all teams using the same system, but that feeling of disconnect shines through in that video...

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a really good feeling about Enzo. There's an aura about him but he also seems to have that humility too, or I'm talking complete bollocks.

It's Italian style, the charisma and the handsomeness that does it. He's the type of manager that will win over the younger fans very quickly, which I think is a good thing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Someone splash some colour on the walls at Seagrave. God it looks dull.

I swear this is like a scene from Doctor Who where they all get marched off to be converted into Cybermen.

image.png.0c266340a66b257341316c1a9a881e57.png

• Haha 1

I've seen tours of Seagrave before but seeing it again now, I can't help feel how undeserving so many of our players were of this incredible facility. 

I love having this world class centre and have never agreed with those who say that it has been part of the problem, but it does feel we are getting nowhere near enough out of it. Just hope Enzo can change that and get full use of it. At the moment, it seems more like a luxury, than an aid. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Would explain the clarity on Jamie's future in the telegraph article

Barnes, KDH, Thomas, Hamza etc agent also, explains why he knows his way round lol 

How do you think Enzo got his 'in' for an interview? 

59 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Probably won’t go into Leicester until his first home match. Seagrave is so soulless.

He was spotted at the weekend driving around in his Maserati on the ring road outside the Highcross. 

Just now, STUHILL said:

I've seen tours of Seagrave before but seeing it again now, I can't help feel how undeserving so many of our players were of this incredible facility. 

I love having this world class centre and have never agreed with those who say that it has been part of the problem, but it does feel we are getting nowhere near enough out of it. Just hope Enzo can change that and get full use of it. At the moment, it seems more like a luxury, than an aid. 

You have to remember that most of our squad will have been at very similar facilities before - St George's Park for example. It won't be that earth shattering to them compared to how we feel about it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Love how he always let Rudkin and Top through each door first.

I mean, I'd have pushed Rudkin in that pool, but each to their own.

What you didn't see is Top pushed him in after filming, just to remind him who's boss

25 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

"This area is for the First Team." "All of that side is for the "First Team."

"No, those pitches are for the Academy."

Love the idea of having one entity as a club, with all teams using the same system, but that feeling of disconnect shines through in that video...

It’s exactly what Pipes said a couple of times though isn’t it?

The way our mentally weak bottlers have been pampered as elite superstars is one of so many of our recent problems. 

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

As a former City youth coach, Maresca also comes with an impressive contacts book and is likely to be front of the queue when it comes to loan deals for the next generation of talent. “One or two of them would do us nicely!” he laughs.

Good, Enzo. Get them sorted early! 

This to me suggests that there's a few he already has in mind and he's confident of getting a couple in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

A few things I like about this video.

1. Top is there. After his **** ups, the fact he now seems to be at the forefront of everything suggests he is actually taking an active role in the club - we needed that. At least to act as a check on Rudkin. It’s a shame that it took this to wake him up.

2 Enzo’s look around the dressing room was like “not one of the players in the club deserves something like this” and I think he’s the man to tell them.

3. Enzo’s outfit 😍.

4. Justin is our RB next year 😀

I do hope so.

He's such a talented footballer though. And with Maresca I wonder if we'll see him lining up at RB, RWB, LB, LWB, CB and CM at different times during the season lol

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

This to me suggests that there's a few he already has in mind and he's confident of getting a couple in. 

I got that from his words too. Glad he didn't downplay the suggestion. I think we will definitely be getting our maximum loanees from Man City :wub:

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

It’s exactly what Pipes said a couple of times though isn’t it?

The way our mentally weak bottlers have been pampered as elite superstars is one of so many of our recent problems. 

It is the aim for us to become a genuine elite club, so Seagrave is part of that ambition as well as the stadium expansion; still, you can’t help but feel maybe some of the players have relaxed too much since we moved to the new facilities. Hopefully we can start to now build a better mentality in the team and move forward again rather than backward.