Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3546881?lang=en

Speaking on Thursday, the former Juventus and Palermo midfielder said: “I’m incredibly excited about the new season as Manager of Leicester City, and the release of the fixtures for the new Championship campaign will sharpen the focus of everyone on what will be an important period ahead.

“I’m very excited to come in and work with this group of players during our pre-season campaign and I’m sure everyone; players, staff and supporters alike, are keen to see what the season will bring.

“Each individual fixture will present a different challenge, so for now, one of the most crucial aspects will be to cultivate the right mentality within the team as we approach these games. We can do that with hard work on the training field, belief in our methods and building a winning mindset throughout the entire Club.”

Maresca, 43, has no doubt that the new campaign will bring challenges, but the Pontecagnano-born Manager believes creating a sense of unity and unwavering determination will help City navigate the season.

He added: “Of course, when I saw the fixtures, my eyes immediately looked for our opening home league game at King Power Stadium against Coventry City, where we will have the opportunity to play in front of Leicester City fans. For me as manager, it will be a fantastic moment to experience the atmosphere at home.

“I would also like to take this moment to express my sincere gratitude to the fans for the wonderful support I have received since my appointment last week and I look forward to meeting as many of them as possible over the coming months. Their unwavering dedication to their team is inspiring and they will be an integral part of the success we aim to achieve this season. 

“This new season is one that we must approach with determination and unity. There will be challenges ahead of us in what is a highly competitive Championship full of experienced sides battling hard, but I have complete faith in our team, and I am confident that together, we can overcome those obstacles.”

I love this and such a nice change to not have a manager be more concerned about his own brand.

My only minor gripe is that word unwavering was the buzz word from the players relegation statement.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

What a nice change it is to have a manager talking in these terms. 

Absolutely. Optimism rather than 'we're punching above our weight lucky to be here' pessimism and continually hinting that the players aren't good enough for such an elite manager. 

Good to hear, breath of fresh air!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Our first pre-season game is in 23 days. I think we will see a few players coming in over the next week or so. I think Enzo will want most of his team together nice and early. 

I think 3rd July is confirmed official return date, believe Enzo still has to take his holiday too! 

8 hours ago, Lionator said:

Christ 🤣 as opposed to the other players who were all bang in form last season ey. 

Nothing to do with last season. He was poor when the team was playing decent.  He started well and people got excited and didn't notice that he was actually pretty poor.

38 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Appreciate English isn't his first language, and I've not actually listened to any of the videos but all of the written quotes appear they've just been put through ChatGpt

That is no way to speak about our long serving comms director lol 

3 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

I just don't rate him. 

Comeback at Xmas,March…EOS.   I might join your club,or have some serious words…

Too earl,far too early. He’s for me far better than those others pumped out on here…

Why…unknown talent,only success in the last period of career…The positive paint might rub off..

9 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Our first pre-season game is in 23 days. I think we will see a few players coming in over the next week or so. I think Enzo will want most of his team together nice and early. 

I bloody hope so because what will be left of the current squad won't be capable of automatic promotion, no way.

Put Maresca into a custom Champ Man game I modified for the 23/24 season.

Top sacked him after 10 games with Leicester in 15th position after a 3-3 draw with Rotherham. Maresca's record was 2 wins 4 draws and 4 losses. To be honest he deserved it though for daring to lineup with Jannik Vestergaard and not making nay major signings despite so many players leaving.

Ominous! lol

LHdxQPh.png

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2