Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Put Maresca into a custom Champ Man game I modified for the 23/24 season.

Top sacked him after 10 games with Leicester in 15th position after a 3-3 draw with Rotherham. Maresca's record was 2 wins 4 draws and 4 losses. To be honest he deserved it though for daring to lineup with Jannik Vestergaard and not making nay major signings despite so many players leaving.

Ominous! lol

LHdxQPh.png

Damn you playing 01/02?

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep! I still think it's the best version because it's so much faster to play. The new FM's are way too detailed, there's way to much to do. That version was the best balance between setting up your team and tactics and being able to rattle through seasons at a quick pace. It's still supported to this day by dedicated fans and you can play it for free over at https://champman0102.net/

:o Welp there goes my life again...

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

I also downloaded 01/02 as that was my favourite too. I had to uninstall it in the end or I'd turn up bleary eyed at work every morning! The only negative with 01/02 is it was a little too easy to sign players if you had any kind of decent money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Been here a week and pretty much no movement on anything. Given the scale of the rebuild and the urgency of the situation we find ourselves in you'd at least have thought he'd get his backroom staff fully sorted out.

Its like I said earlier, Rudkin and Top are prioritising Royal Ascot over the future of this club. Absolute joke.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

Yes it's DANGEROUSLY addictive, so be careful with it. This version is way more addictive than the new versions because you can rattle through the game so quickly. The Dopamine hits are far more frequent. You have been warned!

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

I also downloaded 01/02 as that was my favourite too. I had to uninstall it in the end or I'd turn up bleary eyed at work every morning! The only negative with 01/02 is it was a little too easy to sign players if you had any kind of decent money. 

The community had done amazing things, and you change things like currency inflation to stop that from happening. You can change the start date, hence this game starting in 2023. In this save game, Madrid signed Mbappe for 130M (AI recognising that having just Joselu upfront was not on), then PSG signed Rashford for 120M in response. FWIW after 7 games, Wolves are 9th in the league after signing Niclas Fullkrug for 25M, who has bagged 7 goals in 8 games (cup games) with the Wolves fan chanting his name from the stands!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Been here a week and pretty much no movement on anything. Given the scale of the rebuild and the urgency of the situation we find ourselves in you'd at least have thought he'd get his backroom staff fully sorted out.

Its like I said earlier, Rudkin and Top are prioritising Royal Ascot over the future of this club. Absolute joke.

Maddison and Barnes haven't been sold yet. Probably why nobody of significance has been signed yet. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Maddison and Barnes haven't been sold yet. Probably why nobody of significance has been signed yet. 

Its the lack of movement on the backroom staff that's doing it for me at the minute. We also had this same issue last summer being slow out the traps with transfers and look what happened.

No coincidence that our lack of movement in the summer months coincides with our Director of Football managing the Owners horses during the flat racing season. Absolutely no lessons have been learned.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep! I still think it's the best version because it's so much faster to play. The new FM's are way too detailed, there's way to much to do. That version was the best balance between setting up your team and tactics and being able to rattle through seasons at a quick pace. It's still supported to this day by dedicated fans and you can play it for free over at https://champman0102.net/

I've found that this version is scarily realistic. For example even when Wout Faes had his purple patch, CM showed he had a mistake in him, as well as correctly predicting Tete would make next to no impact. In one of my games I played Newcastle signed Sandro Tonali, which is about to happen in real life, that's why I thought about running the Maresca experiment.

lol

For what it's worth, I am massively behind this appointment, I think it's one of the most exciting things we've done for years.

In the save game what's interesting is that Leicester are playing exciting, attacking football with Nacho and Vardy up top. They've scored 3 or more goals on SIX occasions, but have been letting them in like crazy down the other end. Game one typifies that with a 4-3 away win to Birmingham. Wout Faes in particular is again having a poor season.

If this were to happen in real life, I think it would be very interesting... I think some fans would want him out of the club, but I think the majority would say it's a rash decision and believe Enzo should be given more time! The football IS working, he just needs more time to fix the leaky defence! I think this might be quite realistic because with so many players being brought into our club this summer, it's going to take them time to gel.

HmlqewM.png

But just to add insult to injury, who's top of the Championship after 10 games? Well it had to be one man didn't it :pearson:

JBwTnHw.png

Bristol City by the way signed Papy Mendy on a free, who has been one of their best players!

I'm going to run another version of the game when we get more players in. In this version, all of the players that have left are gone, but just like real life we haven't got any of the new players in. All of course for science!

Haha already with you. For me it’s in the top three games ever made. Dread to think how many months of my life it’s stolen. I ration myself these days but every now and then will crack it out. Just seeing your screenshot gave me urges. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dames said:

Its the lack of movement on the backroom staff that's doing it for me at the minute. We also had this same issue last summer being slow out the traps with transfers and look what happened.

No coincidence that our lack of movement in the summer months coincides with our Director of Football managing the Owners horses during the flat racing season. Absolutely no lessons have been learned.

If we are having issues with work permits regarding backroom staff as has previously been said then it isn’t something you can just speed up

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Dames said:

I feel the same. It's like last summer - the lack of noise about anything was on the assumption things were happening but they weren't. With the scale of this rebuild I thought we'd have more than this by now - but silly me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dames said:

We are going to be the absolute pits

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Haha already with you. For me it’s in the top three games ever made. Dread to think how many months of my life it’s stolen. I ration myself these days but every now and then will crack it out. Just seeing your screenshot gave me urges. 

What about the game? :ph34r:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Right, I need to know how to download CM 01/02 right now and how to set it to 2023.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and Maresca, yes I like him.

Ha I might make a thread if there's enough demand. It's not straightforward, but it can be done. The community make 2 official updates a year after each transfer window, so the one with Leicester in the Championship hasn't been done yet. But I think that if you were manager of Leicester right now, it would be one of the most interesting FM games ever. A club that expects success, has resources to do it, but you've also got to build a team and tactics very quickly!

So far I've noticed that Leicester didn't sell Barnes and he's absolutely farming the Championship. Average rating of 8.37 after 20 games!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ha I might make a thread if there's enough demand. It's not straightforward, but it can be done. The community make 2 official updates a year after each transfer window, so the one with Leicester in the Championship hasn't been done yet. But I think that if you were manager of Leicester right now, it would be one of the most interesting FM games ever. A club that expects success, has resources to do it, but you've also got to build a team and tactics very quickly!

So far I've noticed that Leicester didn't sell Barnes and he's absolutely farming the Championship. Average rating of 8.37 after 20 games!

There is also a transfer update for the current game, and you can also start with Leicester in the Championship.

Next level realism 23/24 season 

DF.thumb.jpg.b08c19759a78be95906aea6565a33123.jpg

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dames said:

Wait, is this a known fact or just a joke?

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

40% of the summer gone.

Manager in but no confirmation of backroom staff. No players in. No in contract players out. 

Feels very similar to last summer doesn't it. The appointment of Maresca is an exciting one but realistically how good is he going to be if we don't back him and the DOF and Owner are more concerned about horses?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We are going to be the absolute pits

It feels like its going to get worse before it gets any better. 

• Like 1

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

Wait, is this a known fact or just a joke?

KP have got horses racing throughout all of this week and Rudkin and Top were pictured at a big event happy as anything after our relegation. I'm sure its pretty known that Rudkin has a big hand in looking after that side of things too.

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

KP have got horses racing throughout all of this week and Rudkin and Top were pictured at a big event happy as anything after our relegation. I'm sure its pretty known that Rudkin has a big hand in looking after that side of things too.

OK not quite the same as 'Leicester City's Director of Football abandons duties to focus on horse racing' then? 

• Like 1

Might be making assumptions, but it does seem a bit 'deja vu' at the moment, worried we're in the same boat of waiting for outgoings before any business can be done in the transfer market.

• Like 1