Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

6 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

No one is doing much. Most managers, players, agents are probably on holiday too I’d think. Also you won’t necessarily know of all that’s going on. I’d be worried if we did. 

absolutely. Everyone seems to forget that contracts run until 30 June in most cases. Apart from those players, ours and other clubs, who have been told they are not being retained and are free to find new clubs, they are not technically at liberty to speak to other clubs without permission (ok, we all know that it goes on but it will all be hush hush until then). 

We have been quite proactive in appointing Maresca compared to say for eg Leeds who are still manager less.

I suspect that things will start to hot up after next week when players, agents and club officials have had their holidays and start getting down to preparing for the season ahead in earnest

32 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

No one is doing much. Most managers, players, agents are probably on holiday too I’d think. Also you won’t necessarily know of all that’s going on. I’d be worried if we did. 

But but but I’ve bought a season ticket and I expect a running commentary- then I can complain how tedious it was between 10am and 11 am on Wednesday when rudders was having a dump ! 

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

OK not quite the same as 'Leicester City's Director of Football abandons duties to focus on horse racing' then? 

Might as well have considering its been a week since we appointed the manager and not a peep on anything to do with backroom staff. This is usually tied up very quickly but nope Ascot comes first... 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, lee7 said:

My only worry is that we are having a 4 week pre-season...i can just see us lacking match fitness and getting turned over by Cov first game of the season :facepalm:

The fact Cov were in the play off final will probably mean their pre season will be no longer than ours.  The other championship clubs will probably have had 2 or 3 weeks longer however, and could possibly be a concern in the early weeks.  I dont see how a trip to Asia to play Tottenham and Liverpool the week before the season kicks off is going to help either. Completely Barking that!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dames said:

Might as well have considering its been a week since we appointed the manager and not a peep on anything to do with backroom staff. This is usually tied up very quickly but nope Ascot comes first... 

...I do suspect the difficulty getting permits could see a change in who Maresca goes for!!!

We may find that a permit will not be granted until after Christmas, does he wait for this person to come in or look elsewhere for someone who can walk straight in?

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Put Maresca into a custom Champ Man game I modified for the 23/24 season.

Top sacked him after 10 games with Leicester in 15th position after a 3-3 draw with Rotherham. Maresca's record was 2 wins 4 draws and 4 losses. To be honest he deserved it though for daring to lineup with Jannik Vestergaard and not making nay major signings despite so many players leaving.

Ominous! lol

LHdxQPh.png

Jesus christ that UI hurts my eyes. How the hell can you play that without feeling violently sick lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I really like Enzo’s style and honest demeanor. He comes across as really genuine. Already he’s been more communicative than the entire club combined. I hope we as fans can be patient and give him room to grow into his role. He knows the expectation on him we don’t need to jump On his every word and if we do be respectful. He’s not Brendan!

all good relationships start off on a solid foundation. What we do from here on out will shape where we end of at the end of the season and beyond.

Completely agree - everyone is just relieved to not have a tosser who is all about himself and so far he is a breath of fresh air - much better than the stink that came out of BR - we and him will need time to get to know each other and understand his plan and for him to know how passionate we are about our club.

Despite his early results I genuinely believe BR became toxic and we need a period to reset relations between board, club, management and fans - Enzo has certainly started off better than anything we have experienced in years!!

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Benitez joined Celta Vigo. We were linked but I prefer our appointment. Let's compare the two at the end of the season!

Any player under the age of 25 now surplus to requirements. Williot Swedberg please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Scotch said:

There's absolutely no way that we are not working on a few players who are out of contract. With the amount of signings we will need, atleast one or two will be on a free. 

We’ve been in talks with Hamers agent for months now. The ducks will be getting lined up behind the scenes, don’t panic yet

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I would imagine right now Enzo and Glover are putting together they’re final board of who Maresca wants for his team.

I'd be a lot more worried if we didn't already have our manager in place. But as we have one, there is a balance between making signings and analysing the situation to see who we need, plus we have players we need shifting on. But we can't take forever, and we know we are going to need a few marquee players, especially in central midfield. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I’d have patience with Rudkin etc, if I had seen this played out before last summer. 

This is what the KP FC fans are failing to realise. Same defences of Rudkin etc as last summer too. 

If we had to wait until after the Champions League final for Maresca thats fine but what prevented us getting his backroom team lined up too? So we could pull the trigger quickly. Its the lack of being able to do things in parallel that really worries me. Every single day between now and preseason is important and we’ve essentially lost a week because of the races.. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Dames said:

This is what the KP FC fans are failing to realise. Same defences of Rudkin etc as last summer too. 

If we had to wait until after the Champions League final for Maresca thats fine but what prevented us getting his backroom team lined up too? So we could pull the trigger quickly. Its the lack of being able to do things in parallel that really worries me. Every single day between now and preseason is important and we’ve essentially lost a week because of the races.. 

we haven’t lost anything as yet, as long as Maresca has a clear plan of what he wants and as long as the back room team are in place ready for pre season training.starting , then there is nothing to worry about. Also just because it’s not in the public domain doesn’t mean nothing is happening in the background or is already in place but just not announced. I am expecting a flurry of announcements from

the 1st July onwards. 

• Like 1

It’s more than natural after last summer’s arrogance/transfer activity for fans to question Top/Rudkin’s urgency.

I don’t like the lack of movement but out of hope more than anything else, feel it will just start snowballing and we’ll be signing players like we’re collecting those footie stickers 🤞🏻