Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Wonder if Bournemouth have the same issues with Iraola's staff.

Getting work permits sorted? Yes. They'll be happening in the background for both us and Bournemouth, difference is Bournemouth fans aren't blowing a gasket because 40 signings haven't been announced before breakfast. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Getting work permits sorted? Yes. They'll be happening in the background for both us and Bournemouth, difference is Bournemouth fans aren't blowing a gasket because 40 signings haven't been announced before breakfast. 

Ironically Bournemouth have made a signing in the last few days 😂

• Like 2

I’m not overly worried if we haven’t made a signing yet. I’m trusting the manager because he deserves the benefit of the doubt. If it was still up to Top and Rudkin, I’d be very worried with the dumbasses just in charge. 

Maresca will need to asses the squad. He will know at least 4 players will need to be sold simply because of their value but others may fit his plan, others may not. Those who do will then need to decide if they want to stay depending on what alternatives they have. That takes time. Especially with all being on holiday. 

I can see us having a flurry towards the end of the window. It was never going to be an easy rebuild regardless of division. Additional uncertainly in the champ just adds to it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

It all seems too slow to me.

Maddison needs to be sold, as does Barnes. They won’t want to play for long in the Championship.

And we need to be formulating the new squad. They need a proper pre season to gel and to get fit. 
This all smacks of yet more heel dragging at the club.

If we go on to sell Nacho and Timmy too (is he still here?), I fear for us next season too tbh.

The full transfer window doesn’t open until July 1st… Relax, there’s plenty of time left and it’s going to be a long old season!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Guest Col city fan
9 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

The full transfer window doesn’t open until July 1st… Relax, there’s plenty of time left and it’s going to be a long old season!

This smacks of a ‘don’t worry, we’re too good to get relegated’ type post.

And many were saying exactly the same thing as you last pre-season. 
We’ve been relegated with a whimper. We still have the same people ‘running’ the club. 
Forgive me if I’m a little apprehensive…

11 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Bournemouth made several signings last season and didn't get relegated. And they've made moves this season too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Bournemouth made several signings last season and didn't get relegated. And they've made moves this season too.

And we'll be making signings this summer. The players aren't even back for preseason yet and Enzo will need to evaluate them and let Glover know the positions he wants prioritised. I know people were burned by last summer but this forum really needs to touch grass and stop freaking out about not having all the transfer business concluded already 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

And we'll be making signings this summer. The players aren't even back for preseason yet and Enzo will need to evaluate them and let Glover know the positions he wants prioritised. I know people were burned by last summer but this forum really needs to touch grass and stop freaking out about not having all the transfer business concluded already 

Valid point but people are worried rightly or wrongly because of the form this board has of running this club over the last two seasons which finds us with literally half a team in a division we really shouldnt be in tbh !

11 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Nobody has bid for Madders. Why would you do that at this stage. 

They'll wait until we're absolutely desperate. 

That argument falls down if there are multiple clubs interested.  They will want their line up sorted before a mad rush rather than losing out at the end and disrupting their plans.

That said, we have no bleeding idea what's going on, which agents are are playing silly buggers and which clubs might be.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Ish

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

This smacks of a ‘don’t worry, we’re too good to get relegated’ type post.

And many were saying exactly the same thing as you last pre-season. 
We’ve been relegated with a whimper. We still have the same people ‘running’ the club. 
Forgive me if I’m a little apprehensive…

How does me saying there is plenty of time left of the transfer window, have any type of indication “we are too good for relegation”? 

You have lost me there mate. lol Trust me I know there is a lot of work to be done. 

What I personally hope is happening, is Enzo will be speaking to our current squad finding out who wants to be here and who doesn’t. Based off that information he will be sitting with the recruitment team and ensuring that the targets are right for the way he wants to set up and a style play. 

He was appointed just over a week ago. Take away a couple of days of coming in, doing media duties etc. He would have had less than a week to actually get the ball rolling. That’s the reason behind my comment of “relax”. 

With regards to same people running the club, I couldn’t agree more. However, this is going to be glover’s first summer (to which we’ve been informed he’s in charge of transfers) so we have to try and move forward and give Glover and Enzo a chance to deliver, despite the shit show the board caused last season.

I know we are all eager to see us move in the right direction, but I would rather the club take time and hopefully get it right than panic buy early doors.

20 hours ago, Dames said:

It can be very hard when the majority of the rebuild hinges on the funds received for those players. We didnt have a pot last summer until we sold Fofana and even then we only had 15m to spend. This summer our revenue is drastically less. We need quick movement. 

They dont look like they’ve learned a thing. Rudkin and Top marking their own homework whilst having a knees up at the races. 

With how much our revenue has been cut we are still definitely in sell to buy territory. 

I don't think the financial issue is simply that we can't afford to buy players - but more a case of not wanting to spend more than we receive - The difference being that in the first scenario, yes, we would have to sell before we could buy, whereas in the second scenario we can spend money on players as long as we sell players down the line.  This latter scenario is and always has been how the club operate - the reason we spent so little last season was because we'd maxed out on this the previous year (but not selling anyone) - it wasn't a case that we bought faes, souttar & kristiansen because there was suddenly money from the fofana sale, but that the fofana sale meant we had money to spend within the profit/loss cap.  The club isn't broke, it just needs to operate without exceeding the profit/loss allowance, as such the club are free to spend on players now based on the likely sales of players later, it doesn't matter in what order it happens as long as it balances at the end of the financial year.

14 hours ago, Lako42 said:

But that's a huge gamble for the buying club - if they are waiting til just before the TW ends and the day before they plan to bid someone else has a bid accepted, they'll miss out and have to go to a last minute plan B - if they even have one.  It also means that the buying club, even if they are successful, would sacrifice a huge period of pre-season with him just to save a few million quid.

3 hours ago, Verumex said:

We're actually going in a loop....

No matter whether its a normal summer with everything going swimmingly or a disaster class like last year, it is to be expected that not much would have happened yet or until the end of the month. Players are on holidays, our new manager needs to have many, many meetings with the recruitment staff to determine priorities of current player movements, not to mention meetings with players themselves that are not easy when they are still on holiday. Rudkin and Top going to the races for a week means nothing either, as their roles aren't required at this moment.

Basically, if everything was fine and dandy, it would look like this.

If everything was heading up sh*t's creek, it would look like this. 

There's no way of knowing what's happening until they tell us, so there's no reason to panic or fear the worst.

Spot on - unfortunately the mentality here seems to be that the quicker we sign players, the better it will be in the long run.  unfortunately, too many fans have locked into the idea that the people running our club are suddenly moronic and ineffective, just like that, over the period of one summer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jono1604 said:

Valid point but people are worried rightly or wrongly because of the form this board has of running this club over the last two seasons which finds us with literally half a team in a division we really shouldnt be in tbh !

Can you still not see that the situation we found ourselves in was not due to a sudden onset of incompetence but the consequence of having to build a team capable of functioning in europe - losing that european revenue was the problem, not 'the way the club was run'.  Every signing/non-signing and every contract/non-contract over the last two years was as a result of us suddenly finding our income insufficient to match our expenditure.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Can you still not see that the situation we found ourselves in was not due to a sudden onset of incompetence but the consequence of having to build a team capable of functioning in europe - losing that european revenue was the problem, not 'the way the club was run'.  Every signing/non-signing and every contract/non-contract over the last two years was as a result of us suddenly finding our income insufficient to match our expenditure.

Shame that the people charged with running the Club had no alternative plan B  in place - i.e.  financing the team without European Football.  That seems somewhat incompetent……..or am I missing something???

• Like 1

Think Maresca coaching against us last year will help. He'll have watched play close up and on video. We must've been the easiest team to set up against so he knows what needs to change.

His comments about the mentality needing to improve wasn't the usual fan placating stuff.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Think Maresca coaching against us last year will help. He'll have watched play close up and on video. We must've been the easiest team to set up against so he knows what needs to change.

"Literally everything"

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lako42 said:

So you can plan your tactics for the new season? There's a lot of negatives for signing a player at the last minute as well. For the sake of 10 million or so it might be a bad move by Spurs.