Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

4 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Nice one. He speaks well but you could tell he grew tired of some of the shit questions. “Can the players come and speak to you?” Jesus christ… 

Still better than 'why did you want to be a manager?' :doh:

His body language and smile in the press conference when asked about the tour to SE Asia to me says he thinks it’s utter folly.

The training clips on the website they posted under Rodgers, it was all Rodgers smiling and letting them waltz around the place. But now I have watched the videos of Enzo taking training sessions. Bearing in mind I haven’t physically seen any sessions from the previous regime or this one - and I’ve only seen edited clips on the club website so I really have no authority at all - but I think these sessions under Enzo look more intense. 

• Like 3

Look at the gym clips on YouTube from last year under Rodgers, it was basically an iPhone advert and people pissing about. Not a phone in sight today and everyone getting on with their work.

I do find it a bit strange how the staff in the gym feeding back to the players look quite young, in fact, not sure if any one else has noticed that we seem to have some very young coaches (I'd say early 20s) barking instructions on the training pitch and feeding back around Seagrave. Not saying they're all bad, but I suppose after a relegation you ask more questions! 

Someone like Coady is going to be vital to keeping things in check. I think we've really missed a presence like his. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Look at the gym clips on YouTube from last year under Rodgers, it was basically an iPhone advert and people pissing about. Not a phone in sight today and everyone getting on with their work.

I bet Enzo has a basket that they all have to put their phones in at the start of the school day 

• Haha 1

He’s a breath of fresh air given what we have had previously. No idea on whether he will be a decent for us but just seeing the effort that was non-existent from the previous permanent manager is great to see. I hope for his sake he is successful here. One things for sure, given his past working environment he won’t stand for Rudkin and Top slacking how they have been. That means one of two things. Dwiddle deed and dwiddle dumb adapt their style or we have a potential early season walk out! Good luck Enzo, you’ll need it alongside best wishes. 

I know it’s very much a club PR exercise but Enzo has already appeared to lifted the gloom, the snippets from the training sessions show a good level of focus and intensity.  There seems so much more energy around the place and it’s great to hear our manager talking positively and proudly of the club and having high expectations rather than the negative crap we have been subjected to over these past 18 months. 

it’s early days but so far so good and it’s no wonder the board were impressed by Enzo his passion, energy and desire came across in his press conference and also in the clips of him coaching. 

• Like 1

Basic but I often ask would you want to impress this guy and would you want to play for him?

I think both are yes and he's definitely lifted the place. Its just whether he can get his methods across and then will they work? 

I'm really looking forward to Northampton and the opening game now - always intrepid, especially given the absolute dirge produced last season, but hope is reappearing 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Collymore said:

Someone like Coady is going to be vital to keeping things in check. I think we've really missed a presence like his. 

It should have been Evans. 

But the fact that he barely played, and didn't even know his own future or commit to the club, it's a bit hypocritical of him to ask for commitment from others. And that then leads to complacency and sheer lack of motivation. Same goes for others in the 'leadership group' ie. Maddison and Tielemans. When they also didn't commit, it just makes a mockery of the setup at the club. 

It's about time there were some fresh faces and motivated individuals. Coady fits the bill because he carries lots of experience and talent to go with it, especially in this division. 

Let's hope it's the start of a fresh dawn for the club. And for this summer because it's such an important time in the season, let alone for the next few years. 

• Like 4

Having just watched the training clip, plain to see that the intensity of the sessions and drills have gone up a few levels, under Rodgers it appeared they were just turning up for another day on easy street.

Vestergaard still looks like his brain works 2 seconds slower than the rest of the squad though. 

14 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Having just watched the training clip, plain to see that the intensity of the sessions and drills have gone up a few levels, under Rodgers it appeared they were just turning up for another day on easy street.

Vestergaard still looks like his brain works 2 seconds slower than the rest of the squad though. 

Today was the first time in ages I've saw them look tired in training. Usually the pics coming out of training look like the brochure for a swanky caravan park. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Today was the first time in ages I've saw them look tired in training. Usually the pics coming out of training look like the brochure for a swanky caravan park. 

Wasn't there questions last season about over intensity of training leading to increased muscular injuries and strains ? Seemed like players being constantly unavailable.

Just now, jerry said:

Wasn't there questions last season about over intensity of training leading to increased muscular injuries and strains ? Seemed like players being constantly unavailable.

I remember seeing that bit I also don't recall ever seeing sessions that looked particuarly strenuous. 

Even when Smith came in, it seemed to pick up a little but it looked like he tried to raise the atmosphere as apposed to the work rate. Which I don't blame him for. 

(Obv we're not going to see anything of importance in training but rather what the club want us to see but it's still hard to take when we are so poor and the players are running around tickling each other as BR looks on from the side, scared of getting his vintage predators dirty)

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

He has no connection to Maresca, so I can't see why. 

Also, why would you leave the AM post ay Arsenal to become AM at LCFC? 

Has a connection to the Midlands could see him interested if he was offered the role, we need an assistant manager, his caliber and experience would be helpful to Maresca same as he has done at Arsenal with Mikel.

• Like 1