Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

53 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Has got them doing a 12 hour shift each day and they are moaning like hell

Shows what he thinks the levels of fitness are like

It’s the start of pre season - surely the levels of fitness are going to be low ?

however, it was clear last season that either the players couldn’t be arsed because of the manager or because they simply didn’t have the fitness levels 

Edited by st albans fox

On 07/07/2023 at 01:48, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Can see this taking at least 6 months before even being properly reviewers. First team has got to be playing to a certain standard before he will assess elsewhere I would imagine.

...it doesn't need to be reviewed!!!

The players are all under one umbrella,  the U21 coaches are part if the whole team training together, there will be one style of play throughout.

15 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Wonder if he'll have 100% of managing the team, and no input from Rudkin nor Top.

Of course he will.

Recruitment and player exists are a different story though. Rodgers was surprised that the club didn't sell some of the players he told them to move on last summer, at the same time he decided to keep Praet and then never used him. We then had issues like signing Vestergaard who is simply not mobile enough to play a high pressing system, so why did we sign him. 

At Burnley it seemed like they really backed the manager and got him either the players or type of players that he wanted. Hopefully we do the same. 

32 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Of course he will.

Recruitment and player exists are a different story though. Rodgers was surprised that the club didn't sell some of the players he told them to move on last summer, at the same time he decided to keep Praet and then never used him. We then had issues like signing Vestergaard who is simply not mobile enough to play a high pressing system, so why did we sign him. 

At Burnley it seemed like they really backed the manager and got him either the players or type of players that he wanted. Hopefully we do the same. 

Hopefully Glover and Enzo will gel 

• Like 1

On 10/07/2023 at 21:34, lgfualol said:

Good way to identify the players that are and are not up for the fight. We started pre-season quite late so lots of work to do.

Exactly what i wanted in pre-season. Tells the difference between MCFC to LCFC. Been saying it for a while, LCFC is a holiday park for players, time to change.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Exactly what i wanted in pre-season. Tells the difference between MCFC to LCFC. Been saying it for a while, LCFC is a holiday park for players, time to change.

Agreed. My biggest worry is how quickly things could turn sour because of some of the attitudes of some still here. There's a fine line between genius and stupidity and it wouldn't take much for these clowns to start making him look like a lunatic with his running around shouting. Pep gets away with it because he's won everything.

Just now, Gamble92 said:

Agreed. My biggest worry is how quickly things could turn sour because of some of the attitudes of some still here. There's a fine line between genius and stupidity and it wouldn't take much for these clowns to start making him look like a lunatic with his running around shouting. Pep gets away with it because he's won everything.

Good, id politely show them the door to **** off. (:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

Good, id politely show them the door to **** off. (:

We've seen the great side (title win) and bad side (Ranieri second season, Puel) of having a strong dressing room. Chelsea had it for years where Terry, Drogba etc literally decided at times who would manage and when because of their power. I feel like our owners have heavily relied upon the opinion of players like Kasper, Vardy and Morgan in the past. Not knocking any of them players but i don't think that was always the best way to go about things. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

We've seen the great side (title win) and bad side (Ranieri second season, Puel) of having a strong dressing room. Chelsea had it for years where Terry, Drogba etc literally decided at times who would manage and when because of their power. I feel like our owners have heavily relied upon the opinion of players like Kasper, Vardy and Morgan in the past. Not knocking any of them players but i don't think that was always the best way to go about things. 

Weve all seen whats happens when you give a player a platform above the management.. Ronaldo, Mbappe, Pogba etc.... true egos thinking they know better so when you compare that list to the likes of Wes/Kasper (maybe) Vardy.. NAH. I dont think i ever believed this whole snake dressing room either with Ranieris 2nd season. Think simply put it,  the team was hungover from the season before and were basically a pile of shit, that lost comcentration and probably saw themselves playing for a CL team instead of.

Edited by Simoken

2 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Weve all seen whats happens when you give a player a platform above the management.. Ronaldo, Mbappe, Pogba etc.... true egos thinking they know better so when you compare that list to the likes of Wes/Kasper (maybe) Vardy.. NAH. I dont think i ever believed this whole snake dressing room either with Ranieris 2nd season. Think simply put it,  the team was hungover from the season before and were basically a pile of shit, that lost comcentration and probably saw themselves playing for a CL team instead of.

I don't think anything is black and white as it's made out. I don't think there was the massive revolt that the media portrayed, but i certainly think Kasper, Vardy and Wes would have been asked by Vichai what the **** is going on and they've said Claudio has lost his marbles a bit. Which he's had a record of pretty much everywhere since. 

Agree with the hangover and loss of hunger without the same goals to aim for, but it was no excuse for games like Chelsea at home that season where we literally had no game plan. Some of the worst games i've ever seen us play and we were 100% going to be relegated without the change.

I do see signs that the club are trying to create those big characters in the dressing room again with the likes of Coady. They've certainly gained a lot more of my confidence in them with that signing.  

• Like 1

I imagine a combination of "well that was mental...what's left to achieve?" and losing the best box to box/defensive midfielder(s) in world football is what caused the drop off under Ranieri.

Ranieri he took the squad Pearson and Walsh built and let it do it's thing. He kept the pressure away with his charm and let us play the most basic football you will ever see. 4 4 2. Narrow, when the chance presents itself, break quickly.

It wasn't like he was some genius that took a terrible team and made it world class. If he was, we could have continued at a decent level the following season.

• 2 weeks later...