Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Who do we think then?

EM: “The only thing I can say about Jannik is that since day one, he’s been working very, very well. He didn’t show me any intention to leave the club, he didn’t show me any intention to leave the team.

“For me, he’s an important player, not only because Coady is injured, but before that. Now, I have to tell you the same thing, the window is open, anything can happen. But for sure he’s an important player for us.”

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ryy said:

EM: “The only thing I can say about Jannik is that since day one, he’s been working very, very well. He didn’t show me any intention to leave the club, he didn’t show me any intention to leave the team.

“For me, he’s an important player, not only because Coady is injured, but before that. Now, I have to tell you the same thing, the window is open, anything can happen. But for sure he’s an important player for us.”

• Haha 2

Similar to Arteta he might be a great manager in a couple years, but currently he's not getting the basic right, which is what is required to be a good manager.

Starting Ndidi as an attacking 8 is a decision that 99% of users on foxestalk know is not going to work out. Hopefully, unlike rodgers, Maresca learns and develops into a good manager but he's not there yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Similar to Arteta he might be a great manager in a couple years, but currently he's not getting the basic right, which is what is required to be a good manager.

Starting Ndidi as an attacking 8 is a decision that 99% of users on foxestalk know is not going to work out. Hopefully, unlike rodgers, Maresca learns and develops into a good manager but he's not there yet.

We won his first game in charge get a grip 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I don’t think anyone expects him to be the finished article. While there were frustrations today, there were lots of signs already that he can get this squad to turn a corner. With some more additions we’ll be flying with him. 

• Like 1

Love some of the phases we play that meant we would bypass their press and play through the lines. Really encouraging and will only get better when players become more familiar with the tactic. 

Worrying though how often we'd get caught on the counter or the midfield would be missing. 

Love his celebration for the 2nd though. How refreshing is it to see?! 

• Like 4

It's obviously going to take time and when it clicks, it will be great going forward. But defensively it's horrific at the moment. Constantly outnumbered on the break and the distance between the centre backs was shocking, especially when one of them struggles to break into a jog. Ultimately, it's a fluid formation but really inflexible. It will need both full backs slotting in as the third centre back at different points in the match for it work, or teams will just have a huge gaping hole to work into every time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Love some of the phases we play that meant we would bypass their press and play through the lines. Really encouraging and will only get better when players become more familiar with the tactic. 

Worrying though how often we'd get caught on the counter or the midfield would be missing. 

Love his celebration for the 2nd though. How refreshing is it to see?! 

Fair bit of released tension from Thailand.;)

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I’ve been thinking about enzo playing wilf breaking forward 

we saw a few times in the first half that when we turned over possession high up  and they were breaking on transition on their left side that wilf coming back was able to ‘break up’ their break. he has the levels of fitness to get up and then back (like KDH).  I think we will see us in trouble on transition with the way we play so perhaps the thinking is that  wilf offers some protection????

obviously he doesn’t offer what we need going forward

I’d  like to know who decided we didn’t need to keep Knudsen on ?  In this league, we will be most exposed defending set plays. 

• Like 1