Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

Lots to like about him and a positive start even if we were a bit fortunate today.

The two negatives of the team were Vestergard and Ndidi. I hope we give him the tools he needs in the remainder of this month as these two are definitely not cut out for how he wants to play. I’m not sure there was really an alternative to Ndidi today but I do hope he has learned from today just not to play Vestergard!

5 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think he will be such a good manager, we can blast Rudkin and Top for not sacking Rodgers earlier but Enzo appointment will be another master stroke

I really like him. But you cannot label the appointment of a good Championship manager a "masterstroke" when there have been so many failings to lead us here in the first place.

Edited by Langston
  • Like 2

Enzo's system gets us into a ridiculous number of good positions around the box. We just need to add players with creativity on the RW and as the second 8 and we will see its full potential. Having a RW who can dribble, drawing in opposition defenders, will create even more space for a talented ball playing 8.

Defensively, though, we need a pace merchant in the back 3 to protect us against quick counters, in the way that Pep has started using Walker as a RCB. Justin is the closest we have to that but he's not the tallest so that could leave us even more vulnerable to set piece goals. But then if we played Souttar instead of Vesty that would be less of an issue. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Enzo learning that we don't get transfer deals done quickly here at LCFC. In his prezzer last week he expected a fair bit of movement this week and nothing has happened, or even seems to be moving*.

I'm not defending our previous manager, but I can see why he got so frustrated with the lack of transfer activity at times. I am fully aware that transfers are complicated but we don't seem too efficient when it comes to closing deals. 

I really think Enzo has something about him, so others in key positions within the club need to up their game massively. He strikes me as a guy who won't stand messing about, as @Dan LCFCsays, give him the tools and he'll deliver. My concern is that those who should be doing that, aren't up to the job and EM will become frustrated too.

*obviously we can't see what goes on, but social media can be fairly illuminating, and it seems we are working on 2 deals and losing the battle in both negotiations.