Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

Lot to like about Enzo but I do worry how quickly he has left out likes of Daka and Souttar in the cold especially that we are still rebuilding and now have limited funds left.

I hope there is a clear plan for them two including replacements

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Lot to like about Enzo but I do worry how quickly he has left out likes of Daka and Souttar in the cold especially that we are still rebuilding and now have limited funds left.

Daka has no chance in this system, simply isn’t good enough on the ball.

Souttar is a strange one but obviously something gone on.

6 hours ago, The Blur said:

We need to reshape the squad, cut the wages further (most likely), shift players out… he’s had to make quick decisions, I’m sure he’d have preferred longer to look at players also.

• Like 3

People are being quick to jump to conclusions that Enzo has discarded Souttar and Daka, if he has then he will have his reasons, maybe technically and tactically they are struggling with his philosophy, maybe they aren’t buying into it, perhaps they have intimated they don’t want to be here or could it be they aren’t reaching the levels in training of the others and Enzo has decided they are surplus to requirements, whatever the reasons I am going to back the Manager and his coaching staff to make the right decisions for our football club, I ain’t saying he is perfect and got everything right since he walked in, but I have seen more than enough to put my trust in his judgement and who he wants with him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

We need to reshape the squad, cut the wages further (most likely), shift players out… he’s had to make quick decisions, I’m sure he’d have preferred longer to look at players also.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

I like that he's so decisive to be honest. Better than the last dithering fool 

I have no problem with that in the principle and can  broadly guess at the reasoning (for Castange and Daka at least not so sure about Souttar).    I am just questioning the speed of them especially if we have limited ability to address the issues through the transfer market.    We have too many wantaways last season and it clearly costed us.    It would not have hurt at all to bring on Daka last night to keep him ticking while figuring out how to integrate him (assuming there is no transfer negotiations for him at the moment)

42 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

People are being quick to jump to conclusions that Enzo has discarded Souttar and Daka, if he has then he will have his reasons, maybe technically and tactically they are struggling with his philosophy, maybe they aren’t buying into it, perhaps they have intimated they don’t want to be here or could it be they aren’t reaching the levels in training of the others and Enzo has decided they are surplus to requirements, whatever the reasons I am going to back the Manager and his coaching staff to make the right decisions for our football club, I ain’t saying he is perfect and got everything right since he walked in, but I have seen more than enough to put my trust in his judgement and who he wants with him. 

I think it is quite reasonable to question Daka situation especially after last night.   Doing that does not mean I do not back Enzo which I do-  I am just curious about his man management skills in these type of circumstances and wanted to hear some thoughts on that matter.    I can understand Castange situation but was curious about Daka and Souttar.   You could be right but it would be strange way of going around that,  not bringing Daka on if Enzo is still working on Daka's role and tactics. 

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

I have no problem with that in the principle and can  broadly guess at the reasoning (for Castange and Daka at least not so sure about Souttar).    I am just questioning the speed of them especially if we have limited ability to address the issues through the transfer market.    We have too many wantaways last season and it clearly costed us.    It would not have hurt at all to bring on Daka last night to keep him ticking while figuring out how to integrate him (assuming there is no transfer negotiations for him at the moment)

I think it is quite reasonable to question Daka situation especially after last night.   Doing that does not mean I do not back Enzo which I do-  I am just curious about his man management skills in these type of circumstances and wanted to hear some thoughts on that matter.    I can understand Castange situation but was curious about Daka and Souttar.   You could be right but it would be strange way of going around that,  not bringing Daka on if Enzo is still working on Daka's role and tactics. 

I would suggest it says one of a few things.

The manager is sending him a message, whether that's buckle up your ideas, or you aren't wanted.

There has been some form of enquiry about him, and thus we didn't want to the the risk unless absolutely necessary. 

He's using the games as form of preseason / proper look and Daka will be the starter at the weekend. 

He's prioritised looking at other fringe players to make decisions on them as he knows Daka will be involved. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Won't entirely be Enzo's decision. 

I think it's increasingly apparent the club willing to take the hit on players with low contract periods but try and get something from those who have longer contract periods, therefore still hold a transfer fee. 

We are having to work on getting in cold hard cash in without the TV money this season. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Bang on, I've waited a long time for this. Rodgers reputation for bringing through academy players was very unwarranted. 

think that "myth" on rodgers is purely based on Raheem Sterling at Liverpool

fair play to EM, the first 2 games can really see what he wants etc

4 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Just listened to a BR interview talking about Celtic performance. So glad we are not put through that anymore,  same interview I have heard 1000 times. Sorry not Maresca related really 😂

Never wanted a 'manager' to fail at a job more than him. Sadly he's picked the safest job he can to hide his deficiencies

Edited by foxfanazer

6 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Never wanted a 'manager' to fail at a job more than him. Sadly he's picked the safest job he can to hide his deficiencies

It'll still be satisfying to watch them get obliterated by Shakhtar Roseandcrownski in the Conference League.

• Haha 1

People questioning the lack of Daka and Souttar, need to realise we probably can't afford the squad we currently have and still need to move a few on.

We are all very much in a similar place to when Sven left and Pearson came back we have an unbalanced squad, especially for the formation we want to play.

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

People questioning the lack of Daka and Souttar, need to realise we probably can't afford the squad we currently have and still need to move a few on.

We are all very much in a similar place to when Sven left and Pearson came back we have an unbalanced squad, especially for the formation we want to play.

Thankfully, owing to the transfer fees we got from Maddison and Barnes as well as clearing huge wages from the bill from them, Tielemans and others, we're most likely only needing to shift fringe players rather than crucial first XI. Nacho, for example, probably stays now along with Justin, Ricardo and KDH. 

The issue is who we replace Daka and Souttar with for reasons of squad depth. Archer from Villa would be a huge statement of intent given it looks as though Piroe is staying at Swansea. Another CB so we're not dependent on Vestegaard should Coady, Faes or Doyle get injured again and I'll feel a lot happier.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Can see me loving this geezer as much as I did Pearson, here’s hoping anyway. 

I was saying to a mate the other day that this all feels a bit like when Pearson came in when we went down to League One.

Clearing out dead wood, demanding more of underachieving players, changing the playing style, casting out the negativity and losing mentality that had been allowed to prevail and creating a sense of optimism again. We never looked back in truth, at least until Sven's time and Pearson had to come back and rebuild again. 

The difference this time is that Maresca is doing it with much more talented players, football that's better to watch and significantly more resources at his disposal. That's not a criticism of Pearson at all; in fact, he created the conditions that made our resources and squad possible. Nonetheless, exciting times ahead as I think we have every chance of not only promotion, but also of doing a lot more than merely survive when we do get promoted - even if that doesn't happen instantly. 

• Like 1