Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

On 09/08/2023 at 10:04, Tielemans63 said:

Enzo learning that we don't get transfer deals done quickly here at LCFC. In his prezzer last week he expected a fair bit of movement this week and nothing has happened, or even seems to be moving*.

I'm not defending our previous manager, but I can see why he got so frustrated with the lack of transfer activity at times. I am fully aware that transfers are complicated but we don't seem too efficient when it comes to closing deals. 

I really think Enzo has something about him, so others in key positions within the club need to up their game massively. He strikes me as a guy who won't stand messing about, as @Dan LCFCsays, give him the tools and he'll deliver. My concern is that those who should be doing that, aren't up to the job and EM will become frustrated too.

*obviously we can't see what goes on, but social media can be fairly illuminating, and it seems we are working on 2 deals and losing the battle in both negotiations.

Hopefully he smacks some heads together, as getting transfers done early is extremely important.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Apparently he doesn't like certain players, and some of these players haven't took well to it.

Fact or Conjecture?

When you say he doesn't like certain players, is that on a personal level or the fact they haven't the right skill set to fit into Maresca's system? Looking at it from Maresca's point of view, you wouldn't buy a new house and expect all of the old furniture to be compatible.

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Fact or Conjecture?

When you say he doesn't like certain players, is that on a personal level or the fact they haven't the right skill set to fit into Maresca's system? Looking at it from Maresca's point of view, you wouldn't buy a new house and expect all of the old furniture to be compatible.

Fact; word from internal source.

In that they don't fit into his system.

27 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Fact or Conjecture?

Does this mean Chair's incoming?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Fact; word from internal source.

In that they don't fit into his system.

The my way or the highway approach is brave especially as we've just had four seasons of it under the previous manager. However, he does show a determination to impose his style to get the job done. He's not here for the ride and pussy foot around. No space for passengers and he'll live and die by his decisions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

The my way or the highway approach is brave especially as we've just had four seasons of it under the previous manager. However, he does show a determination to impose his style to get the job done. He's not here for the ride and pussy foot around. No space for passengers and he'll live and die by his decisions. 

So did Rodgers…whatever they were..;)

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Fact or Conjecture?

Yeh but a few antiques to keep that empty corner bright.. ( Vardy Albrighton)

we Need old veterans who can reminisce over those old days.

Not forgetting the Latin love letters in the attic for @Suzie the Fox to  make cameo appearances on cold cup tie nights.

On a serious note,he’s only sub letting,he ain’t yet taken over the freehold,or had his blueprints confirmed has a successfull rebuild.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Did Enzo get his yellow against Southampton for swearing at the ref? The officials in the Premier League were iffy at times but we better get used to some absolutely atrocious officiating this season. Championship is renowned for it. 

He was going ballistic at the fourth official for a foul that wasn’t given on KDH. Cracked me up 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Enzo has started a revolution 

his work with Ndidi and Vestigard has been nothing short of miraculous 

both looked cooked, finished and on the way out to oblivion 

right now they are two of the most important players on the team sheet 

he has Vardy happy / the forwards grafting/ his signings want to play for him 

this is a breath of fresh air 

I don’t care about going back up .. I’d like to watch this for a few seasons 😂😂

Something I found interesting is that in some of the club content, players have said things like: "I didn't know who he was, but he really impressed me." Vardy said something like "we make so many chances in training, you can't defend against it."

If you are a professional and doing similar things all day every day it gets stale. A completely new way to play, that teaches new things even to a veteran like Vardy can be really motivating for players to experience. There's also a huge reward when you see work on the training pitch translate to games. It means you can trust the manager and focus on what you need to do.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Collymore said:

Did Enzo get his yellow against Southampton for swearing at the ref? The officials in the Premier League were iffy at times but we better get used to some absolutely atrocious officiating this season. Championship is renowned for it. 

If it helps it was Rob Madley who has managed in the prem. But I agree, reffing in the Championship needs a review as there has been some shockers 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So what happens when a PL club comes calling ?

do we make the same mistake that we did with rodgers?  No way would we be paying those kind of sums but the principle is the same 

I think we can keep him.