Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t think he leaves so easily, especially mid-season

He has said he wants to be at a club for a long term project, and a mid-season move to any club makes it a lot harder for him to put his methods in place and get his team playing how he wants

Say we get into November/December and someone like Everton sack Dyche and come calling I very highly doubt he would go

If someone like Brighton wanted him after De Zerbi gets pinched then I can probably see him going but I don’t think he will just jump at the first Prem team who come sniffing unless they have a REALLY good project to offer him

gonna say Everton are a bigger mess of a club(feel like we are slowly getting back to unfudging things) than us imo

theyll want a fire fighter type manager in to save them once again i suspect

so I cant see another prem team coming in for him unless its the right sort of project

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So what happens when a PL club comes calling ?

do we make the same mistake that we did with rodgers?  No way would we be paying those kind of sums but the principle is the same 

I think it'll be a while before we give a manager the 4th best salary in the country as we linger hopelessly around the relegation zone. 

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He has said he wants to be at a club for a long term project, and a mid-season move to any club makes it a lot harder for him to put his methods in place and get his team playing how he wants

Say we get into November/December and someone like Everton sack Dyche and come calling I very highly doubt he would go

If someone like Brighton wanted him after De Zerbi gets pinched then I can probably see him going but I don’t think he will just jump at the first Prem team who come sniffing unless they have a REALLY good project to offer him

...I think it is far too important for him to get us back up, he is not going to be taking another role!!!

That Parma experience is etched into him and I do not think anything but success will wipe away what happened. I like that he sees us as a project and seeing it through is what would be uppermost in his mind, anything less would be deemed as failure and I feel he would not like the taste in his mouth, that would come with that.

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

do we make the same mistake that we did with rodgers?  No way would we be paying those kind of sums but the principle is the same 

I think we are a way off having to worry about it to be honest. I think there would be certain clubs tracking him but i think he is going to need a few seasons under his belt before a PL club (that would interest him) comes calling.  

If we get promoted, and we have some success in the PL, then when the inevitable happens I think we need to let him go and have options in hand. We shouldn't be going all in on the manager anymore.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I think it'll be a while before we give a manager the 4th best salary in the country as we linger hopelessly around the relegation zone. 

We weren't lingering around the relegation zone when BR was given a payrise.

Did see a couple of comments alluding to a lot of it being results based, does anyone if there's any truth in that?

If he's sensible, there's a very clear head to head route back to Manchester.

He does the same as Kompany did, then next year has an impressive season in the PL, he's right up on the shortlist for Peps replacement alongside Vinnie. 

Pep has already said he's leaving after the 24/25 season.

27 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I think we are a way off having to worry about it to be honest. I think there would be certain clubs tracking him but i think he is going to need a few seasons under his belt before a PL club (that would interest him) comes calling.  

If we get promoted, and we have some success in the PL, then when the inevitable happens I think we need to let him go and have options in hand. We shouldn't be going all in on the manager anymore.

This, 100%. We showed with Rodgers, Tielemans, Mahrez and others that clinging on to players or managers when they want away does us no good. We need to have the arrogance to say “If you don’t want to stay, then go, and go now.”

I’m old enough to remember when Mark McGhee and Brian Little left, and we thought we’d really suffer. I really hope Maresca stays for the long haul. But I also hope the powers that be have their eyes on a replacement if he’s tempted by an Everton, Spurs or another ambitious but badly run club.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I agree. However Brighton are flavour of the month at the minute like we were for a bit. You can’t keep it up and they too are a bad window away from relegation, with a weaker fan base too.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

What inevitable? He's not going to leave a successful Leicester in the Prem unless its Man City who come calling. 

Behave. If (IF!!!!) he gets us in a half decent position in the PL next season, and a team with top 8 budgets come calling who want a Maresca ball project, its going to be very hard for him to say no. 

As much as it pains me, even if promoted this season we are going to be hugging the bottom of the prem for a while.

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

He doesn’t leave us after 6 months guys lol 

Getting the job done and a promotion on his CV is far better for him than leaving mid season for a club scrapping in a relegation battle. 

Agree. He is cutting his teeth here and building a proper managers CV. Would be very surprised if he left for the foreseeable future - unless Top or Rudkin........you know

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Well that’s easy…

Enzo’s mother says Enzo is busy
Too busy to come to the phone
Enzo’s Chef says Enzo is tryin'
To start a new life of his own
Enzo’s chef says Enzo is happy
"So why don't you leave him alone?"

And the operator says 40 cents more
For the next three minutes

Please, Mr Kuhn Top  I just gotta talk to him
I'll only keep him a while
Please, Mr Kuhn Top , I just wanna tell him …..

And the operator says 40 cents more
For the next three minutes
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

even if promoted this season we are going to be hugging the bottom of the prem for a while.

Look at the dross thats at the bottom of the PL table right now, despite their fancy signings and PL money that Leicester have missed out on this year, we would beat a number of them with our current Championship squad. Now imagine how good we are going to be with all the crazy signings we will make next summer? With the squad playing full-blown Maresca ball? The players all gelled together? Passing movements and build-up play memorised? We're not going to get our normal european spots in the first season back, but mid-table is a fair assesment. 

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Maresca has called us an important club and I think unless one of the big 7 come calling I think he'll look to stay with us and at least take us into the Premier League next season. 

There again I also thought why the hell would Mark Magee want to go to a shite hole like Wolves when he jumped ship 

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

We weren't lingering around the relegation zone when BR was given a payrise.

Did see a couple of comments alluding to a lot of it being results based, does anyone if there's any truth in that?

I know but I just mean that was our situation we ended up with and I can't see it ever happening again. At the time it seemed like a no-brainer for arguably the most in demand manager in the country. How quickly that changed will set a precedent for the club. You'd hope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

According to most he was shit last week and now all of a sudden we're fighting off Europe's elite clubs to keep him. Foxestalk please never change lol

I haven’t seen many flip flopping, just different voices, with different opinions dominating at different points.

Unless you have contrary evidence?

I love a healthy debate but even muttering that Enzo will leave us (this season) is madness.

As others have said, the club need to be more pro-active and already have a list of alternative managers should Enzo move on for good or bad reasons.

I can’t stress enough how many Brighton fans tell me that De Zerbi had been on their radar for years, it’s not rocket science for Rudkin and co surely?

Edited by SafewayFox