Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Enzo Maresca New Leicester Manager

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t think he leaves so easily, especially mid-season

He has said he wants to be at a club for a long term project, and a mid-season move to any club makes it a lot harder for him to put his methods in place and get his team playing how he wants

Say we get into November/December and someone like Everton sack Dyche and come calling I very highly doubt he would go

If someone like Brighton wanted him after De Zerbi gets pinched then I can probably see him going but I don’t think he will just jump at the first Prem team who come sniffing unless they have a REALLY good project to offer him

I can only see him going if say someone like Man United came in, I don't think he would join Brighton.

Maybe he thinks he could win the Prem with us lol after seeing us win it before he must think he has a chance to be up there with backing and we have done it. (wild thought)

If I was the owners I would do everything to keep him for as long as we can esp after the backing/money/contract Rodgers got.

Edited by whoareyaaa

4 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I can only see him going if say someone like Man United came in, I don't think he would join Brighton.

Maybe he thinks he could win the Prem with us lol after seeing us win it before he must think he has a chance to be up there with backing and we have done it. (wild thought)

If I was the owners I would do everything to keep him for as long as we can esp after the backing/money/contract Rodgers got.

This is what we did with Rodgers and it ended up hamstringing us - not that I think Enzo necessarily has it in his locker to give up on the club like Rodgers did.

I had concerns a few weeks ago about him possibly leaving us but do think it's pretty unlikely this season too. He's had for the most part a pretty good backing so far and it's the best route into a PL job he could've realistically taken.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Drink Water said:

Look at the dross thats at the bottom of the PL table right now, despite their fancy signings and PL money that Leicester have missed out on this year, we would beat a number of them with our current Championship squad. Now imagine how good we are going to be with all the crazy signings we will make next summer? With the squad playing full-blown Maresca ball? The players all gelled together? Passing movements and build-up play memorised? We're not going to get our normal european spots in the first season back, but mid-table is a fair assesment. 

I agree with much of the post and it's potential Aspirations..

One sort of misaprehension is

"Get our NORMAL European spots...."

So far European spots have not ever been normal in our whole history.

A welcome rareity with extension aspirations & dreams,also not living up to expectations is the truth of our

European path.

I still say IMO most fans of clubs with our history, deep down our recognised ambitions are:-

# to hold a top 10-6 position in the PL

# Be recognised/respected as a club 

playing entertaining football..

#* Compete & challenge@ consistently       with  long eras of European quali'''

* The first 2 taking the higher priorities

The last being seen with patience.           has gravy and not an entitled MUST.      Though we would see the reality of. 

the  @ challenge a pre requisite or   

remit once established in the PL..

The challenge not the necessary the. 

achievement.

More today than ever the financial clout

puts handicaps on ourselves,Brighton,Brentford,W.Ham,

Well organised Fulham even a Spurs or a top club era of Aston Villa..

The last 2 can regularly upset the odds,but not make a consistent mark or have their names consistently written on a trophy..

Just for debate.I see in these last 40yrs

clubs like Newcastle..Sunderland.Leeds,A.Villa, Blackburn, Everton >>add your own <<

overwhelmingly  underachieving !

I'm impressed with the start but this conversation is so far ahead of itself.

I feel really positive based on what we've seen so far and the sort of person Enzo seems to be but your start to the season doesn't matter if you aren't where you want to be in May. 

We've taken a gamble on Enzo, and we're all hopeful that it pays off. But how many prem teams really gamble on managerial appointments and how many pluck one of those well worn names off the tired managerial merry-go-round? 

If he gets us up that's one thing, keeping us in the prem is another. There have been loads of managers and players alike who have been good enough to get out of the championship but haven't really cut it in the prem.

Only time will tell if Enzo is good enough to be poached, but for me it's incredibly unlikely until at least halloween/Christmas time next year.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

Leicester will win the league I think under Enzo.

Having watched just a couple of games I said it was clear we’d be difficult to beat.

To have Vestie playing like this, we’ve clearly signed a top goalkeeper at this level and seeing Wilf doing Neymar-like flicks on the edge of the opposition penalty area is just a joy to watch.

I can only see us getting better, we’ve got a big enough squad AND money to sign replacements if we get nasty injuries.

I just can’t see any other side getting more points than us.

His interview post match was so Pep-esque.

Doesn't seem to get too up or too down - very assured and measured. 

Seems the type that the players will respect and I bet he takes no shit off them.

I'm turning into a big fan boy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/09/2023 at 19:23, Tommy Fresh said:

Brighton won't stray from their recruitment model like we did though.

That’s just nonsense, their scouts will all get picked off, they already lost their DOF who set it all up. There is a good reason no team EVER sustains it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

"This is a big club, an important club".

Love that. I'm not bothered if we are a big club or not, but hearing a manager talk it up is so refreshing.

Yes, but i love the way he says we are important. Shows respect for what we have achieved, which is something Brendan never did.

On 18/09/2023 at 20:36, whoareyaaa said:

Hmmm not many managers would like to go to Man Utd these days. An absolute shit hole

• Like 1