Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

51 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Castange is a very good player and could be top six.  I am amazed that other pl clubs have not shown interest  other than fulham.

Top six!? Have you ever watched him play? 

the amount of goals we conceded last season that we’re his fault was extraordinary. He was awful. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I’m not sure I agree with all the negativity he seems to get.

For me he was a very good player for us, then suffered a facial injury that nearly ended his career.

My view is that this injury massively knocked his confidence (unsurprisingly), and he didn’t look the same player again.

This does really explain why he started losing all the aerial duals. 

Think we do forget how serious that injury was for him. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

100% this. He hasn't been the same player since, especially when it comes to rushing into challenges and winning in the air. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/castagne-injury-belgium-leicester-city-5882914

It could've been really, really bad. No doubt the thought of what could have happened (and that it might happen again) sticks in your mind somewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, HitchinFox said:

100% this. He hasn't been the same player since, especially when it comes to rushing into challenges and winning in the air. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/castagne-injury-belgium-leicester-city-5882914

It could've been really, really bad. No doubt the thought of what could have happened (and that it might happen again) sticks in your mind somewhere.

In all honesty I had actually completely forgotten about it. 

I do wonder if we put too much focus on physical fitness and not enough on mental recovery. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

do wonder if we put too much focus on physical fitness and not enough on mental recovery. 

Imagine having to see this man every day for your pep talks during recovery

:brendan:

No wonder he regressed. I'd want to break my own nose again.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Top six!? Have you ever watched him play? 

the amount of goals we conceded last season that we’re his fault was extraordinary. He was awful. 

Since his injury, maybe. He was an important part of a team pushing for CL football before that.

Timmy is a decent player and a good wing back/full back - happy to play on the left even though he’s primarily right footed 

that’s a fair amount of versatility already

however, he has a propensity to switch off at least once a game and can generally be relied upon to do something just plain nuts at se stage in the ninety mins

if we had not been relegated then we would be able to get the £16m we value him at.  But we is where we is and hence will have to take around 10/12m 

• Like 1

Spent a lot of time watching Castagne specifically during our regression over the past two seasons, and his movements to collect the ball were a huge reason we lacked dynamism going forward. 

Nine times out of ten, he'd check his run and come backwards to collect a pass, killing the momentum. On the rare occasion he was positive and made forward runs to receive those passes, it resulted in good attacking play and chances.

It had a knock-on effect on Maddison when he was playing wide too, he had to drop deeper to receive the ball and he stopped getting in behind as much. I know we can't blame our issues on the right entirely on one player, but it's telling that when he played well, which wasn't nearly often enough, we got results.

I guess we'll see if Timmy has that bad habit coached out of him at Fulham. If he does and he becomes the attacking threat we saw glimpses of, we can chalk him up as another player ruined by Rodgers.

14 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Spent a lot of time watching Castagne specifically during our regression over the past two seasons, and his movements to collect the ball were a huge reason we lacked dynamism going forward. 

Nine times out of ten, he'd check his run and come backwards to collect a pass, killing the momentum. On the rare occasion he was positive and made forward runs to receive those passes, it resulted in good attacking play and chances.

It had a knock-on effect on Maddison when he was playing wide too, he had to drop deeper to receive the ball and he stopped getting in behind as much. I know we can't blame our issues on the right entirely on one player, but it's telling that when he played well, which wasn't nearly often enough, we got results.

I guess we'll see if Timmy has that bad habit coached out of him at Fulham. If he does and he becomes the attacking threat we saw glimpses of, we can chalk him up as another player ruined by Rodgers.

Agree, and the fact it was so consistently checking his run means he was almost certainly instructed to do this by Rodgers 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

I have a feeling that Timmy was thinking more about covering back around the huge midfield gaps rather than getting forward - mixed messages for him - he couldn’t win 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

We often saw bad behaviour from JJ who instead of dynamically going forward would recycle the ball and go sideways. 

Its called Rodgers ball. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Exactly. Imagine, having just suffered smashed bones to your face, reconstructive surgery etc….. and then being expected to put your head between an attackers forehead and the goalpost…. You just wouldn’t be human if that injury didn’t affect your confidence

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Exactly. Imagine, having just suffered smashed bones to your face, reconstructive surgery etc….. and then being expected to put your head between an attackers forehead and the goalpost…. You just wouldn’t be human if that injury didn’t affect your confidence

People often forget these guy are just human like everyone else, a bad injury is bou d to take its toll emotionally.

• Like 1