Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

I think for all parties, this needs to be resolved. He quite clearly doesn't want to be here any more, we have players to cover, so I think we need to cut the asking price to about £10-12m still not too bad and move on. We don't need a player that is unhappy. It quite clear that Juventus have unsettled the player and have used this tactic to get him cheap, but as much as I hate it, I think we have to budge a little. Though not a loan, that is not the solution! 

Been a good servant, but now's the time to move on. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Been a good servant?.. 

Really? 

Been very mediocre at best!! 

I think hes been a good servant, played up to his level and never saw a complaint or failure to try?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Re ffp- A loan with obligation isn’t hugely different to a sale (ref amortisation of his original fee ) if we get a decent loan fee of several million 

But it’s also not so different for the buying club at 12/15m so we may as well push for permanent for now 

But does a loan give us cash to re-invest in the re-build?

19 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

But does a loan give us cash to re-invest in the re-build?

approx numbers for this years ffp

We bought him for around £22m on five years 

that’s 4.5m per year amortised into the accounts 

if we sell him now then we take 9m off any incoming  fee. His loyalty bonus is probably approaching a million 

So we sold him for £12m we would take £2m into the positive column 

if we loan him (with obligation) on a 2.5m loan fee then we stick £2m in the negative column. (But we take 6.5m into the positive column next season ) 

his wages are not our concern either way so that’s neutral. 

if we keep him then that’s £7m in the neg column (assuming his reduced wage is 50k) 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

if we sell him now then we take 9m off any incoming  fee. His loyalty bonus is probably around approaching a million 

if we loan him (with obligation) on a 2.5m loan fee then we stick £2m in the negative column. (But we take 6.5m into the positive column next season ) 

if we keep him then that’s £7m in the neg column (assuming his reduced wage is 50k) 

Thanks. If his wage is indeed UKP50,000 per week x 52  = UKP 2,600,000.  So going down the loan route the fee covers his wages.  Meaning we could use this saving to help with the re-build.   Not so bad if the obligation is to buy.

Would you rather play for Juve at one of the most famous clubs in Europe or Leicester in the Championship- of course he wants the move, who wouldn’t.

Loan with obligation to buy would be fine as that just defers payment but a loan just runs down his contract.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I guess that’s when we hit up our old pals at Macquarie bank lol 

...monies from Macquarie do not come under "trading revenue" and would not be eligible to be used to finance players coming in!!!

Actual sales such as Castagne,  Daka, Nacho,Praet or Ndidi is what we need to offload  in order to meet our needs.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...monies from Macquarie do not come under "trading revenue" and would not be eligible to be used to finance players coming in!!!

Actual sales such as Castagne,  Daka, Nacho,Praet or Ndidi is what we need to offload  in order to meet our needs.

Pretty sure what he means is that if it was a loan with an obligation to buy we could just use Macquarie to get the obligation transfer fee now instead of next summer

Which we would be allowed to with Macquarie

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Pretty sure what he means is that if it was a loan with an obligation to buy we could just use Macquarie to get the obligation tranfer fee now instead of next summer

Which we would be allowed to with Macquarie

This is what I meant… getting Italian sides to commit to an obligation to buy could be an issue though

Guest Kopfkino
56 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

if we sell him now then we take 9m off any incoming  fee. His loyalty bonus is probably approaching a million 

An actual obligation i.e it’s unconditional, or anything that’s non-substantive is accounted for this year anyway. As it’s a contract that neither party can renege on, it’s for all intents and purposes a permanent transfer with a payment structure.

It likely wouldn’t be though as the only benefit to the buying team is on cash flow but that can be dealt with otherwise

Edited by Kopfkino