Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty sure what he means is that if it was a loan with an obligation to buy we could just use Macquarie to get the obligation transfer fee now instead of next summer

Which we would be allowed to with Macquarie

thats cashflow 

I assume we’re talking more ffp than cashflow 

Edited by st albans fox

12 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

An actual obligation i.e it’s unconditional, or anything that’s non-substantive is accounted for this year anyway. As it’s a contract that neither party can renege on, it’s for all intents and purposes a permanent transfer with a payment structure.

It likely wouldn’t be though as the only benefit to the buying team is on cash flow but that can be dealt with otherwise

I think the obligation to buy goes into the following season re ffp (both parties) 

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think the obligation to buy goes into the following season re ffp (both parties) 

Nope it definitely gets settled in this year’s accounts.

The ‘intuitive’ reason for this being that the actual valuable asset you trade in football transfers is the right to register the player to play for you. That’s why it sits on the balance sheet as an intangible asset and it’s value amortised over its valuable life, in this case contract length. Under a loan with an obligation (assuming it’s unconditional or non-substantive) to buy, you transfer the right to register that player to another team and contractually you have no way of getting that asset back. Therefore it can’t sit on your balance sheet as an asset.

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

thats cashflow 

I assume we’re talking more ffp than cashflow 

Once again we come back to FFP restricting normal clubs from battling the top 6 for too long. 

It's done its job pretty well

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Nope it definitely gets settled in this year’s accounts.

The ‘intuitive’ reason for this being that the actual valuable asset you trade in football transfers is the right to register the player to play for you. That’s why it sits on the balance sheet as an intangible asset and it’s value amortised over its valuable life, in this case contract length. Under a loan with an obligation (assuming it’s unconditional or non-substantive) to buy, you transfer the right to register that player to another team and contractually you have no way of getting that asset back. Therefore it can’t sit on your balance sheet as an asset.

I understand the accounting perspective but I still believe that the sale goes onto the following years ffp numbers.  Filed accounts are not a straightforward transfer into ffp - they have to be adjusted for a number of things 

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Sounds like he has, no?

I think the difference here is ‘buy’ and ‘loan’.  Italian Clubs tend to be tighter than a mosquitos’ chuff.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 2

Guest Kopfkino
16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I understand the accounting perspective but I still believe that the sale goes onto the following years ffp numbers.  Filed accounts are not a straightforward transfer into ffp - they have to be adjusted for a number of things 

Not to go on but I suggest you reread the rules.

yes there are allowables like costs associated with women’s football, youth development, community work and depreciation of tangible assets, amortisation of non-player intangibles - e.g you can’t just translate top line figures to FFP rules. And they make judgements on fair value.

But they don’t ask clubs to submit a set of accounts compiled in line with accounting standards to then disapply accounting standards. If you want to believe that to be true then fair enough.

As I said this is why it won’t actually be an obligation or it will be conditional on say 20 appearances.

10 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Obligation to buy? Yes. 
Option to buy? No. 

Especially to an Italian club.

Obligation to buy is absurd. Just buy him and negotiate payment terms. 

The only reason Italians want to loan then buy is to kick the can down the road, wriggle out of the 'obligation' long enough to expire his contract and pick him up for free

• Like 1

There's no point dealing with Italian clubs, most of them are are all broke or on the verge of bankruptcy. They've fell behind the rest of Europe's top leagues now. It was pretty widely reported The PL spent 800mil in January 2023 and Serie A clubs were only able to spend around 33million. They haven't got enough investment in infrastructure and facilities, the stadiums are falling apart, the attendance is low. The TV money isn't enough

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Equivalent of me putting my house up for sale and Castagne knocking at the door asking to rent it. 

Let me live in it a year for free, we'll pay half the bills each and this time next year I'll defo want to buy it, pinky promise.

41 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Just get rid Leicester ffs

dont want anyone who doesn't want to be here

pride should want him to help us back up but hey ho

Yeah lets give him away for free because he wants to leave. Its up to a club to buy him not us to give him away

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Yeah lets give him away for free because he wants to leave. Its up to a club to buy him not us to give him away

Yeah don't think I said give him away bud but sensibly move him on at a reasonable price I would think 🤔 

no point in having players who don't want to be here. Save a wage and get a few quid for him 

7 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Yeah don't think I said give him away bud but sensibly move him on at a reasonable price I would think 🤔 

no point in having players who don't want to be here. Save a wage and get a few quid for him 

10-15 million is a sensible price, blokes a Belgium international starter so more then fair. If clubs think they can take the piss then its on them

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

This is definitely set up for a deadline day loan deal to Juventus with a £7m option to buy, despite all the talk of £12-15m deals. 

I'd tel them to fvck right off if this is the case. Stop playing games and buy him or do one.

I'd rather he walked for free at the end of his contract than deal with these piss taking Italian cvnts.

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Re ffp- A loan with obligation isn’t hugely different to a sale (ref amortisation of his original fee ) if we get a decent loan fee of several million 

But it’s also not so different for the buying club at 12/15m so we may as well push for permanent for now 

Exactly what I was thinking, ideally sell him permanently and bank the money. If that’s not possible then, send him out on loan with a £7m-£8m loan fee then they can have an option to buy for similar amount. 

Wolves did it with Coady and made more money than they originally attended. Cover his wages, get a big loan fee and if they don’t want him at the end sell him to someone else. 

More clubs should take notice of how Wolves handled the Coady loan, it was very smart business (for a change) on there end.