Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Castagne to Fulham

1 hour ago, John rayner said:

Totally agree with that comment 

So do I but to my knowledge we haven't rejected an offer for Castange, you can't sell someone unless there is a buyer putting down the cash.

Also any offer should be eight figures or he stays, he's a 27yo Belgium international with 33 caps. No one is saying he can't leave but the offer has to be reasonable.

1 hour ago, Stopharage said:

This is definitely set up for a deadline day loan deal to Juventus with a £7m option to buy, despite all the talk of £12-15m deals. 

Our previous experience with Italian clubs suggests that they love a loan with an option to buy price, because when it comes to the next season, they decide they don't want to pay the agreed option to buy price anymore, and offer a tenner and a packet of peanuts instead.

I wouldn't loan to Italy or Turkey, selling to those countries is the only way I would go where they are concerned, but certainly not at the knockdown price they will most likely offer!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Our previous experience with Italian clubs suggests that they love a loan with an option to buy price, because when it comes to the next season, they decide they don't want to pay the agreed option to buy price anymore, and offer a tenner and a packet of peanuts instead.

I wouldn't loan to Italy or Turkey, selling to those countries is the only way I would go where they are concerned, but certainly not at the knockdown price they will most likely offer!

I don’t get why clubs loan a player with an option to buy rather than just loan them.

Can't fault him for being honest, but atleast put some effort and professional pride in.

Now **** off with the rest of them - that means the club getting rid, get anyone who doesn't want to be here gone, there are clearly interest parties, whether they're offering what the club want, get rid, at any cost.

Ideally I'd tell Juve to meet the price or fcuk off and if timmy don't like it then stick him in the development squad.

Sorry to keep going on about it but getting low balled for players is part and parcel of being relegated but the clowns in charge couldn't see this or maybe just didn't want to.:thumbdown:

Can't Juve just loan him paying 100% wages for however long before his contract with us expires?

If I was involved in this, I'd be separating him from the squad, telling him we'll reduce price by 2/3 mill but no more and that's final, that will do everything we can to get him his move but he may need to accept he's playing for us next season if the club doesn't want to pay.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

I don’t get why clubs loan a player with an option to buy rather than just loan them.

If they do well for you on loan then you can sign them without worrying about another club snatching them from you. Like we did with Lookma.... ah shit yeh we didn't 

5 hours ago, splinterdream said:

If I was involved in this, I'd be separating him from the squad, telling him we'll reduce price by 2/3 mill but no more and that's final, that will do everything we can to get him his move but he may need to accept he's playing for us next season if the club doesn't want to pay.

If you were separated from the squad but you're move fell through for whatever reason, do you think you'd want to play for the club or be motivated to do so? 

In that scenario, the club would have an unhappy player that isn't giving his all and he has to play due to injuries etc... motivation would have gone.

13 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

If they do well for you on loan then you can sign them without worrying about another club snatching them from you. Like we did with Lookma.... ah shit yeh we didn't 

What I meant was, what’s in it for the club who own the player.

10 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

If you were separated from the squad but you're move fell through for whatever reason, do you think you'd want to play for the club or be motivated to do so? 

In that scenario, the club would have an unhappy player that isn't giving his all and he has to play due to injuries etc... motivation would have gone.

Dunno, these players are adults, maresca needs to be working with players that are fully committed creating a team,  castagne should be understanding that, but I guess its about knowing and judging the character. I still think its more important for maresca to be creating a team of 11 100% committed players rather than keeping players wanting out around because you're worried about upsetting them 

• Like 2

I mentioned before that he was top of my sell list due to the fee size and us having cover, but with the winger situation at the moment I wonder if he'd be a decent option at RW? Always looked better attacking than defending.

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

I mentioned before that he was top of my sell list due to the fee size and us having cover, but with the winger situation at the moment I wonder if he'd be a decent option at RW? Always looked better attacking than defending.

Not for me, very limited. No tricks, no real pace, can't beat a man, just occasionally manages an overlap. Very little bottle, backs out of or turns his back on headers, perhaps in fairness due to his previous bad facial injury. Very expendable in our current situation. 

• Like 1

On 28/07/2023 at 08:36, fox_favourite said:

I think for all parties, this needs to be resolved. He quite clearly doesn't want to be here any more, we have players to cover, so I think we need to cut the asking price to about £10-12m still not too bad and move on. We don't need a player that is unhappy. It quite clear that Juventus have unsettled the player and have used this tactic to get him cheap, but as much as I hate it, I think we have to budge a little. Though not a loan, that is not the solution! 

Been a good servant, but now's the time to move on. 

Agent sent out by Castagna to test the field,normal practice, media takes it and will put out…”He wants to leave”..fans pick up every morsel of clickbait,and over months

create a vendetta mentality,which is more weird than sport pundits themselves.

Why shouldn’t he test the water,with known open paths,and clubs that show an strong interest…

If he stays..great, if he goes,money in the piggy bank,and wages we might save 25%, when bringing in fresh meat..But why criticise indirectly a player that has served us well, and played more good than bad games..He’s a FBack and will occasionally get beaten,last season the b.line was under pressure because midfield,were too much on the backfoot,thanks to Rodgers pathetic tactics..

These quite immature or not thought out statements,shooting from the hip,is unfair on the player and unfair to the forum…If he stayed you have no idea how he feels,in sport there are many disappointments,and matched with thankfully “I stuck instead of twisted” but still remains happy with end descision…This “unhappy” statement

comes out every year and shows the running negativity within the forum.

I would would welcome Castagna staying,no matter how many FBs or WBS we have. He has proved he can stay proffesional and “happy” if he stays..

Why from this fans Podest,try and force players out ( management doesn’t thankfully listen to the fans) with always cynical statements..

If he goes, he’s left IMO,more top memories,and I believe a fondness from the terraces..

Why should he now go to Juventus..banned from Europe,

most likely might be struggling for a few years with FFP

& use of club finances. Maybe fighting other discrepancies,just when

Castagna getting into his peak yrs…

In his shoes I would prefer to stay here,this years % loss of wages,that potentially can

be given a return if we achieve those club,players & fans aspirations..

• Thanks 1